Win A Free Wrist Thingy

climber511

The Wrist Thingy - Pinch Twist – Pinch Block - Plate Curl system “thing”

OK here’s what I want to do – with Nationals having Rotational Levering as an event I have decided to give away a Wrist Thingy as a prize to the person who comes up with the best name for my new “system apparatus”.

The “system” allows the following

• Wrist Thingy Handle - Ulnar deviation · Radial deviation · Pronation · Supination easily progressive training with no change of resistance like a lever arm or sledge – it can be loaded either very light or very heavy. It can also do some shoulder and elbow rehab motions with a little imagination.
  • Pinch Training resembling normal Plate Pinch thicknesses with the 8” bolt used as a loading pin. It would be easy enough to make more widths if desired.
  • Rotational Pinch Training similar to the “breaking motion” used in the 2 hand Euro Pinch. This provides a seldom possible forearm and finger training stimulus that has been impossible or at least very hard to duplicate with anything else I have ever seen. Be prepared for some strange soreness in your forearms and fingers. This is the “big deal” to me – I’ve never found anything that hits things as directly and in the places this hits.
  • With a short bolt and a weight plate it is easy to do progressively loadable “plate curls” with the different width blocks.

So if you are interested in winning an Original Wrist Thingy (not a “system) – come up with a simple easy to write in my training log name for this thing. I’ll keep it open until the end of February (29th) and announce the winner March 1st.. Oh I'm the judge who will decide :)

• Like 1

Sounds like a fun contest and looks like a very well made and thought out product Chris.

Wrist Assist

Long-time lurker and fan of many of your designs, Chris.

I would call this system 'The Gauntlet', on account of it's ability to cover and protect those difficult-to-access aspects of the wrist and forearm complex.

A bit corndog, yet relevant to the recent thread lamenting the many ways to hurt oneself with grip apperati.

Keep up the great work.

"P-Cubed: Elbow To Fingertip Strength System."

Pinch Twist, Pinch Block, Plate Curl = P-Cubed. The rest of the name is self-explanatory.

RICE

Acronym for: Rotational, Interchangeable Conditioning Equipment

System 511

I'm not sure what 511 means in your handle, but it could mean this thing trains your 5 fingers, wrist, and elbow.

Terrorwrist

I latched on to this comment: "Be prepared for some strange soreness..." Due to a negative connotation, you could also consider Torturwrist or Rigorwrist or something similar.

Wrisky Business

I just think this one is funny.

Rice Cube

It does 4 things.

edit: I honestly had not read bencrush's reply yet when posting this.

Wrist Thingy

Endearing to its creator :)

Adventurwrist

A little clumsy, but captures the inventor's adventurous spirit

• Like 5

Man Maker

''If you think you are strong but you struggle with opening a jar you lack the most important thing.This system/product can give you what you need.''

WD60

• Like 1

if I understood right the main function of this seems to be pronation with pinch or regular handle and what makes it original is the option to use pinch grip so:
pronator pinch device (PPD) could be a simple name for it. Maybe instead of device you can say 'system', or something more fun like 'killer'.