Homemade Thickbar Dumbbells

Lucasraymond

Solid Steel Dumbbells with 2.5" Handle

-shipping not available at this time but will deliver up to 3 hours for $60

-depending on stock available may be able to make more at different weights (please PM me with requests)

Weights Available for buying at this time (rough estimates will be within 1-2 lbs)

126# ($250)

132# ($250)

(2) 140# ($250 each)

164# ($300)

HERE ARE TWO THAT ARE CURRENTLY MADE (Jedd and I already have these claimed)

12321240_10100435224119478_1021510965723

• Like 1

Does it rotate well?

Just as much as what people want for inches, am I right. Man shit is retardly expensive. I'm having a hard time keeping up.

Just as much as what people want for inches, am I right. Man shit is retardly expensive. I'm having a hard time keepin

I can make these in any weight you want...dude this shit isn't cheap...idk what your problem is think that everything is dirt cheap.

Before I bought an Inch replica, I had one welded up for me by a local machine shop. Luke's prices seem very reasonable. My cast replica was much more expensive.

An inch replica costs ~$450....plus it is an investment, if you no longer find a need the value is still there!

• Like 1

Luke did the original post have a 150lber?

Yeah I just check and will have a 150# instead of the 132#

Edited by Lucasraymond
  • Like 1

Yeah, the prices on these are fair.

When i made my trainer (145lbs) it cost me right at $150. And that was just materials that i pulled out of the scrap/throw away pile at the steel supplier.

The way i look at it, especially if Luke is buying the steel new, and not as scrap, he's only making a small profit. Imo the extra couple bucks is worth it. If i were to have a special bell made as a cast round globe bell at 185lbs, it would likely cost me close to $1k not including shipping.

Also, to my knowledge, there arent any other members currently making and selling bells. And they darn sure arent doing it to the weight of our request. Typically if you find a bell around here, its a full size inch at 172ish lbs, or a trainer bell at 135lbs.

So its nice to have some choices on bell sizes.

Just limited on materials is all...only prob going to sell 5-6 total, but trying to find weights that fill in gaps between 100lbs (FBBC Inch), 135 baby inch and 172.

Does it rotate well?

Just like an inch...I cant budge the 187# at all..that extra 1/8" on the handle makes a huge difference

• Like 1

This is really a Diesel Crew undertaking together with Lucas so it should be in this forum.

Just as much as what people want for inches, am I right. Man shit is retardly expensive. I'm having a hard time keepin

I can make these in any weight you want...dude this shit isn't cheap...idk what your problem is think that everything is dirt cheap.

I don't everything is cheap, but when you are on a budget in a niche market everything Isn't cheap. Relax.

This is why I've had to come up with creative ways to purchase gear, as was said many times to get good and certain things you have to train on it. Well at these prices people find it difficult to purchase these wonderfully made pieces of equipment. Luckily some folk get this...

Edited by KapMan

I apologize man...i was short with you but it felt like you were saying that i was price gouging, if someone else was doing it i would but one for $250 without hesitation

I apologize man...i was short with you but it felt like you were saying that i was price gouging, if someone else was doing it i would but one for $250 without hesitation

I understand, What you and others make takes time and effort and materials that cost alot. It's just a frustration on my part not being able to get gear to progress in my own training. I'm missing out on so much good quality training for events that are popular.

It sucks.

I understand, What you and others make takes time and effort and materials that cost alot. It's just a frustration on my part not being able to get gear to progress in my own training. I'm missing out on so much good quality training for events that are popular.

It sucks.

If you can't afford the big equipment, maybe get a handle that doesn't spin; and lift with the handle in the position in the photo. Very cheap way to train spin strength.

post-3984-0-77829100-1454177077_thumb.jp

It sucks.

You definitely don't NEED a lot of extensive equipment to get very strong, is it nice to have yes. If you have a barbell with metal plates you can do finger curls, plate pinches. You can hold the sleeve of the barbell with weight on it, that's a rotating thick bar right there. Buying a sledge hammer can go a long way too

Jedd had a DVD on how to make a lot of stuff, that would be a good investment

• Like 2

Many of these things can be trained with fat grips to get the strength. These are nice to have to test your abilities but there are a million different ways to get strong without spending a fortune.

These sure are nice though!! The prices are also very fair.. These bells are serious investments - you get one and hang on to it, they will always be rare and quite expensive!

• Like 2

Many of these things can be trained with fat grips to get the strength. These are nice to have to test your abilities but there are a million different ways to get strong without spending a fortune.

These sure are nice though!! The prices are also very fair.. These bells are serious investments - you get one and hang on to it, they will always be rare and quite expensive!

It sucks.

You definitely don't NEED a lot of extensive equipment to get very strong, is it nice to have yes. If you have a barbell with metal plates you can do finger curls, plate pinches. You can hold the sleeve of the barbell with weight on it, that's a rotating thick bar right there. Buying a sledge hammer can go a long way too

Jedd had a DVD on how to make a lot of stuff, that would be a good investment

It sucks.

If you can't afford the big equipment, maybe get a handle that doesn't spin; and lift with the handle in the position in the photo. Very cheap way to train spin strength.

Thanks for the confidence guys, that's why I love coming here.

I was telling Lucas via facebook how frustrating it is being on the back end of purchasing grip gear. I can think out of the box on most things, though admittedly I want the specific type of gear for the specific lift. I love what I do and I love sharing in the accomplishments of others.

If I can temporarily get good at a lift using a rigged up version I'am all ears.

Take my money!

I don't have a way to get one here. :(

Carry it.
  • Like 2

The dumbbells look great. I saw a picture of them on facebook and I was very impressed. I wish I had the space I use to have. I just sold my baby inch because I have no room for the big items and it was collecting dust at my parent's house.

Take my money!

I don't have a way to get one here. :(

Want me to look into shipping options?

Another idea - We are coming to the Arnold - any plans of attending?

• Like 1

Please PM myself or Jedd with specifics weights if you are interested. Current weights I have 167, 152, (2) 140

Question, being straight sided wouldn't one be very prone to coming in contact( as an assist in a tilt) with the hand or wrist thus negating the rolling factor of the Inch Bell or its replicas? Just asking I have several 3 " handle experiments from years ago and the straight sided construction changed the lift quite a bit.

Question, being straight sided wouldn't one be very prone to coming in contact( as an assist in a tilt) with the hand or wrist thus negating the rolling factor of the Inch Bell or its replicas? Just asking I have several 3 " handle experiments from years ago and the straight sided construction changed the lift quite a bit.

I made the handle 5.5 inches to avoid some of that but if you grab it in the middle and lift it level there is no contact. I know this is not perfect a globe but I feel being able to make it close to any weight I want will help people bridge the gap between the baby inch, gracie, and baby inch.

• Like 1