Gripmania

silverbackgrip

kMvhCDZ.png

I'm a huge Wrestling fan and I also love this sport of Grip. So I've decided to host a grip competition called GripMania!

Had a friend replicate the original WrestleMania logo for me (which I think turned out amazing) and I even bought GripMania.com

THERE WILL BE A CHAMPIONSHIP BELT FOR 1st OVERALL UP FOR GRABS! ...and I'm not talking some flimsy, cheap belt. I'm talking a customized old school WWF high quality belt.

The date I have in mind is November 5th, which falls on a Saturday. To give me an idea if this is a good date for people, please comment below if you would consider making the trip to North Jersey.

The events I have in mind are

1) 20mm Block set Grippers

2) ???

3) FBBC 2" V-Bar

4) Epic Medley

In the next month I will be going through the proper channels and getting this contest sanctioned by NAGS.

and since I love going over the top, trophies will be custom bottles of Jack Daniels stating 1st 2nd 3rd in each weight class.

entry fee will be $20

Edited by Euclides
  • Like 10

That's far away, I'm going to say that Ill be a strong maybe.

The hub could be a good pinch event.

Edited by Jared Goguen
  • Like 1

If you need blobs for the medley or cpw rated grippers to fill any gaps please feel free to ask. If i have something in the range needed ill happily bring em.

• Like 2

If you need blobs for the medley or cpw rated grippers to fill any gaps please feel free to ask. If i have something in the range needed ill happily bring em.

same here

• Like 1

At least it's in jersey! I should be in, since alot time til then.

• Like 3

I might be in on this!!

I'll have the 3.5 and 4 inch crushers by then so I'll bring those if I can come. I third bringing grippers and blob I'll offer my wrist wrench as well.

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1

Great idea! The only issue I see is that it's quite close to the International King Kong Grip Challenge, which is typically held near the end of October, and quite a few people usually compete in it.

• Like 1

I'm interested. I would like to compete again this year if I can get my act together. The timing for this gives me a loooooooooooooong time to train.

• Like 2

So what’s the deal with the belt? A new one every year or does last years winner need to come back and defend or lose it.

• Like 1

So what’s the deal with the belt? A new one every year or does last years winner need to come back and defend or lose it.

I'll have to write something in the waiver that states the belt is on loan for a year until the next competition and that if the defending champion can't come to the next GripMania, he must vacate the Belt.

so yea, it will be the same belt every contest and the winner either defends of loses it every GripMania!

Edited by Euclides
  • Like 6

Replaced the two A's with grippers. I think this version is better.

Which one do you guys think is better?

2vt5qtf.png

34oaiqd.png

Edited by Euclides
  • Like 5

Definitely interested. Start time? Roughly?

Start time prob 10am and weigh in starting at 9am.

Also, 50/50 chance GripMania is taking place in the bar that I bounce at... working out a deal with the owner. It's a huge first floor with a stage we could set up the events and cheer people on... plus beer on tap haha

It world be awesome to finally meet you and see you melt some red nails in your hands!

Edited by Euclides
  • Like 2

Also, 50/50 chance GripMania is taking place in the bar that I bounce at... working out a deal with the owner. It's a huge first floor with a stage we could set up the events and cheer people on... plus beer on tap haha

It world be awesome to finally meet you and see you melt some red nails in your hands!

A red? He can probably bend it in his teeth. Lmao
  • Like 1

Better make the start time for that contest 12:01pm then! :grin:

Kristy is interested in this too if there will be a women's class. And we could probably drum up a few rated grippers to bring 😄

• Like 2

I'm thinking I'll be there.

• Like 2

Kristy is interested in this too if there will be a women's class. And we could probably drum up a few rated grippers to bring

There will be a woman's class! And it would be awesome if you could help out with the rated grippers, thx man!