Feedback About Flask Event At Southern Squeeze

John McCarter

I'm looking to sell my Euro Pinch setup (this is everything included: 2 pinch plates seasoned, 4-5 inserts, metal pipe and spin collars to keep it in place). I'm sure a deal like this doesn't happen here on the board at all.

Asking 200.00 for the full setup shipping included.

The device weighs around 44 lbs once put together. Only works for olympic weight plates.

This is first come first serve. Paypal only.

Please let me know if you live in a different country as shipping will have to be refigured

I should note, the plates were bought from David Horne.

Liked the flask that much?

Yes I do, I just can't go back to training on the euro after using it.

• Like 1

Is the flask just luckily your ideal pinch width?

Is the flask just luckily your ideal pinch width?

It's not just that. It is everything from the texture, how easy I could get chalk on there to something I can't put into words.

Ive said it on many other items, the flask is a new standard in grip sport. Just like the crushers from FBBC.

• Like 1

Ive said it on many other items, the flask is a new standard in grip sport. Just like the crushers from FBBC.

Can you say more about that? I keep seeing people rave about it, but nobody is really pointing to specific reasons. I guess John said it holds chalk nice. But how is it the "new standard"?

I could see the "flask" as an event operating quicker than 2HP because it's a set width. But these types of blocks have been around for a while. I remember Ben Edwards always talking about the "mouse pinch" which is the same idea made out of steel. It never really caught on. To be clear, I am legitimately interested in the Flask. I'm only curious to hear about the benefits from people who have used it.

The Mouse Pinch dates back to 2005/2006 and appears to have been designed by Scott George.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=4194

As time and Grip Sport continue the "seasoning" aspect will probably be addressed SOMEHOW. I do not see the adjustable aspect of the DH Euro device being changed to a fixed width though as that seems to be what makes the lift so fair to all concerned. But I do find the use of Aluminum interesting as I do the idea of a coating of some kind that could be absolutely consistent from device to device.

Nobody has ever made aluminum plates for the the euro?

Huh. I'd use a hole saw, jigsaw, break the edges, put it on plywood, lay coarse sandpaper on top, another piece of plywood, then drive over it with my truck to get a little texture. Shouldn't take more than 2 hours.

I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to talk about my stuff on here as this is not particularly the place for it and I am also not a sponsor, but I would be happy to give the most objective answer I can about the advantages if anyone cares to send me a PM.

• Like 6

I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to talk about my stuff on here as this is not particularly the place for it and I am also not a sponsor, but I would be happy to give the most objective answer I can about the advantages if anyone cares to send me a PM.

I like the way you handle yourself dude. Very calm and reasonable.

• Like 7

I think you could post it here. I don't believe it would be viewed as an advertisement given the content of the thread. If the GripBoard is to be "the place" for grip discussion, we have to be able to discuss this kind of stuff.

I moved the thread and changed the title since the original purpose of selling the Euro has been accomplished.

Finally, I really want to be clear that I'm not asking questions to devalue the Flask in any way. I really am legitimately curious about what people have described as "the new standard" and also "there is something that cannot be put into words."

The biggest thing for me was the smooth edges of The Flask compared to the sharp Euro. Unlike the Euro, I could get an air tight grip on The Flask without worrying if the webbing around my thumb was going to get ripped off.

Edited by Euclides

I have had the flask for about 6 weeks now and I pulled on it a fair amount.

Here are the top five advantage as I see them.

1. It has a very consistent surface that will not change with time so my pull on it at 70lbs will be the same as someone else pulling 70lbs where with a steel plated euro the seasoning or lack there of will change those numbers.

2. It doesn't flop around like a lose pinch block on a carabiner.

3. The edges are perfect, I haven't torn on it once where as with my Euro that would happen all the time, even with the edges knocked off.

4. The Flask is really light weight and perfect for new lifters, women, teens, and children.

5. You can add and take away weight in a few seconds where as the Euro its a pain, you need equal amounts on both sides. Also from the perspective of a contest where you changes the thickness and then the over all weight changes when you pull a spacer out and everything needs to get re-weighted you don't have to deal with that. Also then as you pull spacers out of the Euro the plates are no longer even on the bar the device wants to tip so you need someone to hold it up right, or if the floor isn't perfect it can tip. Also with the flask you can use 45lb plates.

• Like 2

Jared, thanks for that.

On #1, so it's cleaned down to the metal after each lift or something? John was happy about how it holds chalk so then that's not the "same" surface as any other device anymore. Or did I miss what you meant..? It seems to be the same as the Euro in this respect, but may season quicker than steel.

Jared, thanks for that.

On #1, so it's cleaned down to the metal after each lift or something? John was happy about how it holds chalk so then that's not the "same" surface as any other device anymore. Or did I miss what you meant..? It seems to be the same as the Euro in this respect, but may season quicker than steel.

Oh I see the confusion there, allow me to clear it up some, yes chalk does stick to it so the surface is not 100% the same in that regards but since its aluminium the device will not ever get deep pits with time.

Here is a photo of my Euro plates which are very old which I got from Mike here, and it lives in a pretty damp Northwest basement. You can see the extremely deep pits in the steel, I can lock my thumbs into those like nothing else. I guess thats good if you want to pull the largest numbers possible but at the same time my numbers on this thing don't compare to anyone else's I feel like. I have done a 85lb 1HP with this but I'm no where near the on a pinch block or flask. The only difference is the surface and my Euro is like swiss cheese.

Edit: It's kinda hard to tell in the photo but the pits in are pretty deep. It feels like im pinching 36grit sandpaper, and eats my thumbs and webbing up.

50oNiEN.jpg

Edited by Jared Goguen
  • Like 1