Wrist Curls 15 Kg Plate

David_wigren

I've been adding these back into my training lately. Did 4 reps righty and 3 reps lefty. Sure, I did them over the knee and I was moving around a bit. Also, the ROM could have been better. But for what it is I'm still pretty happy about my performance. I weigh about 78 kg now and I compete in the sub 75 kg weight class in armwrestling. Having strong wrists is obviously a useful benefit for armwrestling. I would like to say though that I do not recommend going heavy in this exercise. Most of the time I'll settle with a 10 kg plate and do super slow strict reps. And every once in awhile when the ego itches I'll try the 15 kg plate.

• Like 9

Nice strict curls man. Do you ever switch it up with pinch block curls?

Never owned a pinch block except the one from Ironmind, and that one's not well suited for curling. I have done alot of plate curls with different sized plates in the past.

Great wrist strength! When was AW comp?

Thank you Jonas! Golden arms is 27 febuary and nationals is 7-9 april.

Very nice! il be competing in the sub 75kg too hehe when I can find a comp in my area.

Whats your arm routine look like? Im just on lots of chin-ups, table curls, preachers etc

• Like 1

Very nice! il be competing in the sub 75kg too hehe when I can find a comp in my area.

Whats your arm routine look like? Im just on lots of chin-ups, table curls, preachers etc

The best training is by far time on the table wrestling with others. Unfortunately though I live some ways away from my club so I don't get to much time on the table ;( In the gym or at my place I do alot of different pulling exercises. I like one arm pull up holds https://www.instagram.com/p/9jayjMuXOL/?taken-by=david_wigren grabbing the bar far down the hand and try to keep the wrist flexed as you hang at the top. Good exercise for us who don't weigh to much. Other than that I do alot of different pullups of course, weighted, lat-pulldowns, high rep. For wrists I do plate curls, hammer curls, wrist curls, thick bar wrist curls, reverse curls, regular curls, etc. I also do alot of pronation and supination work with an off-loaded dumbell. Sledge levering. I do alot of sidepressure work with rubber bands.

• Like 1

Very well done! Also good luck in your comp!!

Strong!

Strong & Controlled!

Thank you David! I had to do it slow with my left hand. My damn injured shoulder doesn't like it when i move around and use any momentum.

Holy hell I can't even imagine how painful that must be for the fingers :yikes

Actually it wasn't to bad. I used to do pushups on my index fingers back in my mid teens. THAT hurt my fingers like crazy!

Very well done! Also good luck in your comp!!

Thank you for your good wishes my friend!

Impressive, also great t-shirt!

Haha thanks! When I saw this shirt I immediately had to pick it up!

I can only imagine what hammer you can lever. Nice curls brother.

Thank you brother! I've done my fair share of sledge levering in my days

Strong!

Thank you Florian!

Looking STRONG David, well done !

Thank you my man Casey! How are you these days my friend?

This 15 kg plate had a diameter of about 34 cm. Obviously the diameter plays a roll in the difficulty. I have a set of 15 kg plates that are wider. Next week or so if I'm feeling strong I might make an attempt on them. Or maybe just improve yhe range of motion on this one. I remember seeing Josh Dale doing a 15 kg or 35 lbs plate with crazy big ROM!

I'm fat and happy. . .But mostly fat !

One of the best steel benders,braced and unbraced, doing wrist curls with a 15kg....... I'm not impressed..... :glare:

:tongue:D

Looking strong brother! Very strong work at a really low bodyweight!

I love armwrestling. I never had the chance to train for it but I never say no to a friendly match.

All the best for the comp Dvid. I wish for victory!

Edited by MANTHOS

very strong and perfect looking biceps dude! haha, good luck in your AW comp!

I'm fat and happy. . .But mostly fat !

Haha,glad to hear that!

One of the best steel benders,braced and unbraced, doing wrist curls with a 15kg....... I'm not impressed..... :glare:

:tongue:D

Looking strong brother! Very strong work at a really low bodyweight!

I love armwrestling. I never had the chance to train for it but I never say no to a friendly match.

All the best for the comp Dvid. I wish for victory!

Haha thank you my friend! I think you would be a beast at armwrestling, just as you were at steel bending!

very strong and perfect looking biceps dude! haha, good luck in your AW comp!

Thank you brother! I will need all the luck I can get. Before nationals I will compete in one of the biggest competitions in the entire nordic european region. With a bit of bad luck I will be facing harder competition than I will at nationals!

Btw I tried a different 15 kg plate with a 36 cm diameter. Had to cheat a bit just to be able to do a single with it! The increased difficulty is almost more noticeable with the plate wrist curls than with the ordinary plate curls!