T G A Cold Snap Classic - 2/13/16

Jedd Johnson

On February 13, 2016 at 10, we will hold the Cold Snap Classic, sponsored by TheGripAuthority.com

The contest is currently under review by the NAGS committee for sanctioning.

Weigh-ins: 8AM - 10AM

Rules: 9:30AM

Contest Start: 10AM

Events:

20mm Block Set Grippers

2 Hands Pinch on Euro Adjustable Device

Double Overhand Axle Deadlift

Pickaxe (Front for max weight, 30")

Possible additional events: Crushed to Dust Challenge, 2HP Hold for Time, Inch Hold for Time with Coke Cans, and Inch Unbraced Lift to Platform.

Entry fee will be $30.

Working on getting shirts designed, will update down the line.

Sorry for the late notice, we just decided to put this on last week.

Updates to follow. No additional events will be officially added after the 30-day window.

• Like 5

Count me in brotherrrrrr!!!!

• Like 2

Ill see what I can do.. I'd love to finally compete in a contest (not that I would impress anyone, just to have fun with everybody)!

• Like 1

It's gonna be a fun contest, that's for sure!!!

@ the Diesel gym?

Yes sir. Wyalusing PA.

Jedd I got your message, still working 2weekends a month. So I have to wait for my schedule to come out, then see if can make it happen.

Parris

Jedd I got your message, still working 2weekends a month. So I have to wait for my schedule to come out, then see if can make it happen.

Parris

got a look at the work schedule, I work the whole weekend :-(

You can't switch with someone? Seriously, man. That place sounds like a concentration camp. Much worse than my old job, and believe me, I used to HATE where I used to work.

• Like 2

I believe we're 30 days out. Have the additional events (if any) been finalized? Any info on prizes?

You can't switch with someone? Seriously, man. That place sounds like a concentration camp. Much worse than my old job, and believe me, I used to HATE where I used to work.

brother I dont even ask anymore, its no use, it's easier to call out, and I save those for summertime vacation.

Since I didn't add anymore in time before the 30-day window, we'll be stuck with 2HP Hold for Time, Inch Hold with Cans and Inch to Platform, all done separate from the competition.

Prizes: I don't generally pursue too many prizes for my smaller comps, but if I do secure some, I will update this post.

• Like 1

Looking forward to the event brotherrrrrr!!!

Working on the entry forms for this and two other major contests I'm helping to promote this year...

• Like 1

Someone asked if the Crushed to Dust challenge that I'm running at the Cold Snap would be official and recognized by IronMind.

The answer is YES! I have already lined it all up with IronMind, so plan on getting qualified!

Sweet! I'm gonna try it, that's for sure

Someone asked if the CTD would be before or after the comp.

I'm fine with keeping everything set up off to the side, out of the way of the main lifting area, and you can attack it at any time, as long as that goes along with the CTD rules. I honestly have not read the current CTD rules in a very long time, so I don't really know what is allowed. We will follow what is required.

Aside from that, my plan is to go after it after the main contest is done and before the other additional events.

Anybody going to Wyalusing via New Jersey... I'm around Montclair

I'm a 3hr drive from Jedd's and my 1994 jimmy could only handle 1hr max drive... haha

I have no problem paying for gas/tolls if I could ride shotgun.

Euclides, I live in Hillsborough, it's a 3 hour drive for me. Been to Jedd's a couple of times, let me know.

• Like 1

Euclides, I live in Hillsborough, it's a 3 hour drive for me. Been to Jedd's a couple of times, let me know.

awesome, I'm about 50 min from there...PM sent

• Like 1

awesome, I'm about 50 min from there...PM sent

I love it when a plan comes together.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Athletes:

Jedd Johnson - tentative

Luke Raymond - confirmed

Matt Lane - verbal

Euclides Ramos - paid

Mike Chaffee - verbal

James Fuller - verbal

Athletes:

Jedd Johnson - tentative

Luke Raymond - confirmed

Matt Lane - verbal

Euclides Ramos - paid

Mike Chaffee - verbal

James Fuller - verbal

What tentative? I put you in the camel clutch break your back and make you humble !!
  • Like 2