The Value Of Technique In Bending

climber511

Oct 25th – 2006.

Here’s a of a post I made on Farmstrength way back when that shows pretty well the importance of technique in double overhand bending. Note the date.

My best double Overhand bend prior to this was a IM Blue Nail. So in 6 hours of proper form instruction I made some nice progress I thought.

Franky came down today - we started playing around about 2 and just now finished at 8 PM. Franky picked up my scale weights to a full dead lift - probably only Doc appreciates that one but just lifting this pair is a true challenge that most will fail on.

And one you guys are not going to believe - I can bend now. A few position changes by Franky and I did a Grade 5, a 5 1/2" grade 5, a 6" grade 8, a 6 1/2" piece of 5/16 HRR, then a piece of 5/16 x 6" HRR - then tried a 5 1/2" grade 8 that I bent to maybe 90 degrees but couldn't finish the crush down.

I'll make a full report later - we did a lot of stuff - after 6 hours or so, we both still pulled my Blob50.

• Like 9

Pretty cool to see a nearly 10-year-old post on the value of technique in bending. Some guys can just "horse" through bends with appalling technique. But us normal guys need to dial it in. The super strong guys will of course be better served working on their technique, too. They will go much farther. Partly due to not being injured from their horrible technique.