Quest To Clean The Blob

acromegaman

I recently was got a loaner blob from my buddy Nate and he issues a challenge to me that I had to accept and that was to clean the blob before Saint Patrick's day. If that was done before then he would cover the shipping and I accepted because I'm a cheapy:). If anyone else wants to join in and post their progress with their challenge blob ( it doesn't have to be a 50lb) along with mine that would be a great way to keep the motivation going. I'm recently just getting back into the grip game after a long hiatus, but I'm able to clean my half 80lb blob with ease both hands and the one he loaner to me has only been hopped off the floor a few times. I plan on posting progress updates weekly ( at least) until my goal has been met.

• Like 8

Easy stuff, practice every day

• Like 2

Thanks everyone!

Good stuff bro ill join ya with a #35 as my goal to clean. (also from Nate thanks pal )

Good deal! It'll be fun to see where this goes.

Here's my current progress. I almost got this one cleaned tonight before I ran out of steam. On a side note I did finally get a left handed lift on this dude and a face lift with my right :)

• Like 4

Great job man!

Thank you, it blew me by surprise as I do not train the blob at all, and seeing this post got me motivated to start up again after the Southern Squeeze competition. I clean the joker up because it was covered in rust and saddness and I did a little preseasoning on. Almost got a face lift from it too.

• Like 1

I got the Gripboard Traveling Blob in today and I couldn't resist trying to clean it. I believe this will be the repper after my thumb heals.

• Like 3

Hells yeah! The snatch wont be far behind. Btw...back that camera up so we can get the full effect!

• 1 month later...

Here we go with some progress! I had a night full of PRs tonight and this ugly clean of a half was one of them.

• Like 3

NIce Work on the Clean...I dig the blob training. Keep it rolling!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight I tried to catch a video of me lifting my easier half 100 Blob with my left hand ( which hasn't happened yet) and I got a little surprise. I didn't want to post this because I didn't weigh it, but I couldn't get another video of it. 

Edited by acromegaman
bad link posted
  • Like 2

I tried to clean the blob 50 tonight.....not even close. Maybe after a few more weeks of work I will get better.

• Like 1

I tried tonight as well and ended up with a few attempts with it falling from hand like in my first half 90 video above. I'm going to give it a few days then I'll give it another shot.

• Like 1

I just finished strong on this challenge issued to be by Nate and I have to say that there was some doubt early on that it wasn't going to happen, but I'm very glad the opportunity came along it lot a fire under my butt like never before. Thanks again Nate for biting me with the grip bug :)

• Like 2