Most Impressive #3 Cert Ever?

Norden

That is right up there yes. I think I like docs better though.

• Like 1

Sean's

• Like 4

Sean's

Ah, yeah, I like that one too. I remember reading somewhere that he only trained tns, which makes it extra cool.

What makes me extra impressed by Jang Sung-hyun's cert is how he LITERALLY makes it look like a trainer. He closes the thing so fast. The sweep should look way harder. You often kind of see 2 "phases" of the sweep when a person is closing a gripper with a wide set like that, but not with this guy.

Edited by Norden
  • Like 3

Yup...pretty darn impressive. No doubt he was super prepared...but whenever I see a manhandled cert I start wondering about the rating. 138-160...it can play a huge factor. I prefer the mm ladder for that reason.

• Like 3

Yup...pretty darn impressive. No doubt he was super prepared...but whenever I see a manhandled cert I start wondering about the rating. 138-160...it can play a huge factor. I prefer the mm ladder for that reason.

Yeah, I thought about it too. If you can confidently CCS, lets say, a #3 at 155 any workout, then a 140 at the day of the cert probably will look something like in his video if you're well prepared and fired up.

Edited by Norden
  • Like 2

To me when someone dominates a gripper in some crazy way during a certification it means they waited longer than they had to for the cert. They also risked getting injured before hand and not certing at all. I guess I just don't get the need to wait that long. I also don't get the need to skip lesser certifications along the way (not applicable here but I always didn't get that either).

Edited by Chez
  • Like 2

To me when someone dominates a gripper in some crazy way during a certification it means they waited longer than they had to for the cert. They also risked getting injured before hand and not certing at all. I guess I just don't get the need to wait that long. I also don't get the need to skip lesser certifications along the way (not applicable here but I always didn't get that either).

My thoughts exactly. Couldnt have said it better dude.

It is one thing to train only TNS, like Doc, and do your cert that way. But completely another to wait a cert out until its so far beneath your actual ability that its not even worth doing. Imo, if your goal is to cert, even if you have further plans to cert higher, later, then you need to do it as soon as your able. otherwise you risk unjury and never certing anything in your quest for higher whatever.

But then again, it is quite possible ths guy had a 160# 3 that he trained with, and refused to cert till he could CCs it, then got a low 140s gripper on his cert... And since i can completely not understand the mentality behind "waiting" to cert after your strong enough, i like to believe that the latter was the case.

I remember reading he was ready for the cert and got injured, then had to work back up again, so he had already good strength I guess. I would never wait for the cert, when I can do it, I'll do the request. Although I must say, having an attempt under the belt already makes me preferably come back much stronger then needed if you catch my drift. Seeing the RGC results from CPW lately for IM#3's I definitely want to be able to CCS the top of those grippers before going for it again. It is however for this cert very difficult to stay in that linear or even progressive strengthline.

• Like 1

It is one thing to train only TNS, like Doc, and do your cert that way. But completely another to wait a cert out until its so far beneath your actual ability that its not even worth doing. Imo, if your goal is to cert, even if you have further plans to cert higher, later, then you need to do it as soon as your able. otherwise you risk unjury and never certing anything in your quest for higher whatever.

But then again, it is quite possible ths guy had a 160# 3 that he trained with, and refused to cert till he could CCs it, then got a low 140s gripper on his cert... And since i can completely not understand the mentality behind "waiting" to cert after your strong enough, i like to believe that the latter was the case.

I remember reading he was ready for the cert and got injured, then had to work back up again, so he had already good strength I guess. I would never wait for the cert, when I can do it, I'll do the request. Although I must say, having an attempt under the belt already makes me preferably come back much stronger then needed if you catch my drift. Seeing the RGC results from CPW lately for IM#3's I definitely want to be able to CCS the top of those grippers before going for it again. It is however for this cert very difficult to stay in that linear or even progressive strengthline.

Well, certification or not, I have personally never seen anyone make a #3 look that easy.

Well, certification or not, I have personally never seen anyone make a #3 look that easy.

Lol, well technically unless you were there when he did it, you still havent personally seen anyone do it.
Aaron is the man. I remember seeing a pic of him next to Mark Felix and he actually made Mark look like a normal size guy.

Yeah, he's strong. Gabriel sum was even stronger, probably. My point though is that their closes don't look as dominating as Jang Sung-hyun's. Not even close, in my opinion.

I wrote "personally", not "in person".

I would say he trained on a heavy three and his cert gripper was a low three. Plus like others have said, his adrenalin is pumping for a cert I'm sure.

Good work either way.

Aaron is the man. I remember seeing a pic of him next to Mark Felix and he actually made Mark look like a normal size guy.

Is he still training that someone knows of? He had much more in him gripwise.

Lol, well technically unless you were there when he did it, you still havent personally seen anyone do it.

Yeah, he's strong. Gabriel sum was even stronger, probably. My point though is that their closes don't look as dominating as Jang Sung-hyun's. Not even close, in my opinion.

I wrote "personally", not "in person".

Yeah here is Gabriel Sum at his best with 16 TNS with a #3 https://youtu.be/eLmq8JeV2FM

Is he still training that someone knows of? He had much more in him gripwise.

I just spoke to him on facebook. He reached out to me because he heard of my injury. He wasn't training for a bit but he plans on getting back to it.

• Like 1

Yeah here is Gabriel Sum at his best with 16 TNS with a #3 https://youtu.be/eLmq8JeV2FM

The fact that he does it with left hand makes it even more impressive!

Hard to say what the most impressive grip feat are with non-calibrated grippers. Without calibration we're just guessing.

• 1 month later...
On ‎2015‎년 ‎12‎월 ‎16‎일 at 6:53 AM, Norden said:

I have personally never seen such domination of a #3.

I'm Sung-hyun. My cert gripper was very weak one.

Cannon Powerworks rated it #141.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, xxcce said:

I'm Sung-hyun. My cert gripper was very weak one.

Cannon Powerworks rated it #141.

Weak three, but it does not matter for the majority of this planet your power remain unattainable.
What are your best results in the grip? in training. Do you have your channel on youtube?
  • Like 1

And welcome to board!

I understand that the grip is developing strongly in Korea.
You are personally acquainted with Kim Bum-Suk and Sim Sang-Do?

Your close awesome!

Edited by Kashtan
add
  • Like 2

Welcome to the board Sung-hyun

On 2016. 2. 14. at 4:08 AM, Kashtan said:
What are your best results in the grip? in training. Do you have your channel on youtube?

I closed CoC #3, bent several Red Nails(not certified), that's all. I'm not good at pinch and thick bar lifting. I wish I could do better.

I have a Youtube channel, but it's just for linking videos.

On 2016. 2. 14. at 4:08 AM, Kashtan said:

You are personally acquainted with Kim Bum-Suk and Sim Sang-Do?

Yes. I know them very well. Bum-Suk did #3 cert with me, with same gripper. Ironmind sent only 1 gripper for the cert.

In Sang-Do's GHP 8 challenge video, I'm the guy who measuring his gripper.

On 2016. 2. 15. at 4:50 PM, Alawadhi said:

Welcome to the board Sung-hyun

Thank you. I've been watching the board.

It's a little hard for me to write in English.

• Like 5