Closing The No. 3

Aleksandar Milosevic

I think the T-Rex will be good for you. I've been using it a lot myself with big success. I regret I didn't buy one sooner than I did, since it goes all the way down to a very easy #2.

It does? CPW says 115lbs which is not a pretty easy #2. I've only got the Triceratops so far but I'm using it as a 10 rep gripper at heaviest setting which is def harder than CPW average 105 (105 being an average CoC #2), feels closer to 110lb RGC. I am going to grab a T-Rex though, they seem about perfect spread for working CCS and really ramp up at close so hit my weak points.

I think the T-Rex will be good for you. I've been using it a lot myself with big success. I regret I didn't buy one sooner than I did, since it goes all the way down to a very easy #2.

It does? CPW says 115lbs which is not a pretty easy #2. I've only got the Triceratops so far but I'm using it as a 10 rep gripper at heaviest setting which is def harder than CPW average 105 (105 being an average CoC #2), feels closer to 110lb RGC. I am going to grab a T-Rex though, they seem about perfect spread for working CCS and really ramp up at close so hit my weak points.

Cannon doesn't mount the handles as far out as possible on those ratings. Also, steel varies. But I have two T-Rex and both are like an easy #2 furthest out. One of them is rated at 97 lbs.

Edited by Fist of Fury

That's gonna be ideal for me, it really looks like a quality product. How does it compare to CoC, spread wise and the final 20mm?

Spread is more narrow but they are a bit harder at the close I think. They are very good tools for training the last part of the crush. CCS is no point but block set and parallel reps is ideal.

Edited by Fist of Fury

That's gonna be ideal for me, it really looks like a quality product. How does it compare to CoC, spread wise and the final 20mm?

Spread is more narrow but they are a bit harder at the close I think. They are very good tools for training the last part of the crush. CCS is no point but block set and parallel reps is ideal.

That sounds great, especially since my set is very strong. and I'll probably be able to do a couple of reps at the lowest difficulty. That probably eliminates my need to buy a weaker gripper completely.

T Rex can be adjusted to about a coc1 difficulty and still have a reasonable amount of spring in the handle. Don't worry about it being too hard.

That sounds great, especially since my set is very strong. and I'll probably be able to do a couple of reps at the lowest difficulty. That probably eliminates my need to buy a weaker gripper completely.

Yes it probably does unless your #2 is a weak one :) It probably isn't, most #2's I've tried are not weak, they are usual between 105-110 lb or even more.

When I got my first T-Rex I was able to do 6-8 reps with the COC#2 I had, which is around 110 lb. Then I worked more with the T-Rex and got a lot stronger with the #2. So yes it might work for you too, otherwise you could maybe get another silvis, the level below the T-Rex.

Maybe I'll get a rated #1.5, and file it down if it's easy enough. I will probably file down my #2 once I'm able to do 5 reps with it.

I've managed to close my CoC #2 CCS with both of my hands, and I can almost close it with my right no-set, no chalk. At the moment I'm using my Baraban adjustable to train my hands, and my numbers on the adjustable don't seem to reflect too much on my tsg gripper. My records for the adjustable are 62 kg/136 lbs on my right and left. I should be able to close my CoC for reps with that kind of strength, but we all know it's not the same movement, the last 20 mm of the close are super tough, because of the torsion movement which I'm not that used to by training on the adjustable. So, now I'm starting my quest towards closing the no.3, and I need your help for buying grippers that will take me there. Would it be smart to get a Silvis T-rex, number 3 and something that I can rep 3-5 times? Give me suggestions what would you do, since majority of you are way more experienced than me. Thanks!

A rated 2.5 comes to mind :)

If you want to train CCS you'll definitely need something else other than the Silvis adjustables. GHP is great for CCS training, or even more extreme is the Vulcan adjustable.

If you want to train CCS you'll definitely need something else other than the Silvis adjustables. GHP is great for CCS training, or even more extreme is the Vulcan adjustable.

Depends where in the range he's hitting a wall. My Silvis is perfect for me doing CCS but I have a really strong sweep and need to work the close. Once I'm done RRBT I'll be doing some work with challenging grippers in clamps but again each person is different. The Silvis just makes it so I'm not focusing on the set since the spread is already about CCS.

Depends where in the range he's hitting a wall. My Silvis is perfect for me doing CCS but I have a really strong sweep and need to work the close. Once I'm done RRBT I'll be doing some work with challenging grippers in clamps but again each person is different. The Silvis just makes it so I'm not focusing on the set since the spread is already about CCS.

For me grippers with narrow spread is not useful for CCS training. I want at least 75 mm spread and preferably more than that. I've found that some COC grippers with narrower spread is also not so great for CCS. Some grippers just barely have any resistance at all at 50 mm, it feels.

Edited by Fist of Fury