Paul Knight

deadgrip

I stayed at his house last year for Nationals. I wish I knew him better, but from what I remember talking to Eric about (Happy birthday, forgot to text you yesterday!) he's doing some other sports now, including BJJ. He still has an awesome gym with everything a grip guy would dream of, and he even judged at nationals that year. I assume he's still within 10% of his peak strength.

He need to get his ass back in grip!

We need you for inspiration dewd!

I've stayed at his house 3x in the past two years and he is no longer training anything as he is too busy with work in the natural gas/oilfield industry. Neither Jedd or myself have heard from him since Nationals last year. He did close a 160# LT gripper with his RH with no chalk or warm up like it was nothing.

Wow.. Well people go through things and have busy lives. Good to know he's not dead like some rumors floating around lol. Glad to hear his grip is still around. Thanks guys.

Haha... There's a video of Paul's on YouTube where someone left a comment saying RIP Paul... So yea that's where that came from.

• Like 1

Haha... There's a video of Paul's on YouTube where someone left a comment saying RIP Paul... So yea that's where that came from.

lol. Crazy. I was just playing around.

I heard he was abducted by aliens and it turned out their probingdevice was an excellent tool for open hand strength due to the rounded end! Just had to drill a hole and attach a carabiner. Alloy doesn't take chalk to well as I understood.

- edit - sorry haha but the RIP comment made me chuckle. Who thinks of that kind of stuff.

Edited by Geralt
  • Like 1

I heard he was abducted by aliens and it turned out their probingdevice was an excellent tool for open hand strength due to the rounded end! Just had to drill a hole and attach a carabiner. Alloy doesn't take chalk to well as I understood.

- edit - sorry haha but the RIP comment made me chuckle. Who thinks of that kind of stuff.

:huh:

Lol nevermind, I meant that people think of the weirdest kind of stuff.

Better: delete my post, mods.

Edited by Geralt

I'm just playing with you man. haha

I'm just playing with you man. haha
Well, I typed it, did some surfing, came back and thought: 'nah'. But couldn't change it anymore. Your comment got the best of me, I admit hahaha Remind me to beat you in the #4 cert ok.

I was always hoping that he would at least have a farewell video. I also hope he knows that he is still a huge inspiration to newcomers even. I've learned a lot from watching his clips.

• Like 2

Between grip and bending, and the quality of the documentation of his feats plus legit eyewitnesses, I think you can make the argument for Paul Knight being the top all around grip guy ever.

• Like 2

Between grip and bending, and the quality of the documentation of his feats plus legit eyewitnesses, I think you can make the argument for Paul Knight being the top all around grip guy ever.

Dave Morton peak vs. Paul Knight peak. I would pay for that.

Dead ?! :S

That's a new one

Paul Knight is a gentleman & a scholar... one of the coolest sincere people you'll ever meet!

Not to mention strong as an ox! Hope he's doing well & comes back to grip sport one day!

I think that Jedd's reply to Paul's MM profile is one of the funniest things I've read at the board. Something like, "What would be appropriate is a pair of lats with that pose."

• Like 3

I think that Jedd's reply to Paul's MM profile is one of the funniest things I've read at the board. Something like, "What would be appropriate is a pair of lats with that pose."

Haha! I clearly remember this comment as well, even though it's a long long time since I read it.

Paul borrowed my sony handycam for 2 or 3 years. When I finally got it back it was choked full of 60gb of footage, from 4 closes to KOAB bends. I saved most of the vids on my computer. A lot of them are already on his youtube channel.