Annoying Ironmind Hub Question

Norden

What IM hub number would you compare to, say, a 3.5 mms close?

I have been training grippers for a long time, but the hub is new to me and I would like to have a frame of reference.

Also, I'm talking a IM hub lift that ironmind would actually green light, cause people can obviously lift way more when holding the thing differently (not to take anything away from those lifts/lifters).

I'd also say 75 lbs. And don't be so hard on yourself -- I actually like these types of questions.

I have been training grippers for a long time, but the hub is new to me and I would like to have a frame of reference.

Also, I'm talking a IM hub lift that ironmind would actually green light, cause people can obviously lift way more when holding the thing differently (not to take anything away from those lifts/lifters).

Manna was in the 70's on the hub before he got his MM0...I got a #3.5 mms well before I broke 70lbs on the IMhub (never got 75lbs).

But...ignoring that everyone is slightly different, I also think that 70-75 is somewhat comparable.

I would say like 75 lbs.

I'd also say 75 lbs. And don't be so hard on yourself -- I actually like these types of questions.

Manna was in the 70's on the hub before he got his MM0...I got a #3.5 mms well before I broke 70lbs on the IMhub (never got 75lbs).

But...ignoring that everyone is slightly different, I also think that 70-75 is somewhat comparable.

Okay! 75 is kind of what I thought myself.

Thanks, Eric. It's just that it's always difficult to compare two completely different feats/lifts, but it obviously is possible in some sense as you all answered ~75. :)

Edited by Norden

I think IM Hub numbers would be higher if people put the kind of time and effort into it as they did grippers.

So I say a little more, 80 pounds.

• Like 1

Interesting thread. While it's here, I can close a 2 and ghp5, low/mid 110s rgc range. Lift 42.5lbs on the hub and can get 45 off the ground but not a full lift. Just getting started with the hub though.

I think IM Hub numbers would be higher if people put the kind of time and effort into it as they did grippers.

Well, you're the hubgeezer, so it was expected of you. ;)

What is your PR btw?

Interesting thread. While it's here, I can close a 2 and ghp5, low/mid 110s rgc range. Lift 42.5lbs on the hub and can get 45 off the ground but not a full lift. Just getting started with the hub though.

45 is a good lift. :)

What is your PR btw?

PRs

Did 73 in a contest in 2006, "old" version

I think have done 76 new version in garage (2013), 77 old version(2006?)

Contest, new version, 2013, 69 pounds

Most people think the new version is easier. I am in the minority that says the old one was easier. New one holds chalk. Old one did not.

One of the reasons I say 80 not 75 is that I never did 80.

What is your PR btw?

PRs

Did 73 in a contest in 2006, "old" version

I think have done 76 new version in garage (2013), 77 old version(2006?)

Contest, new version, 2013, 69 pounds

Most people think the new version is easier. I am in the minority that says the old one was easier. New one holds chalk. Old one did not.

One of the reasons I say 80 not 75 is that I never did 80.

Mike, I have to agree with the number being at 80 lbs.