Pushups 3x11

Wrist thingy pronation/supination

1/28/2016

Squat

245x5

280x5

320x8

Bodyweight lunges x30

Tough workout. Skipped deload week, but thinking now that might have been a bad idea.

12 oz. curls tonight, going for a PR, lol

12 oz. curls tonight, going for a PR, lol

You could run 531 on that using 16s and 24s. Training max could be 40 oz!
Ha!

Did a deload session on standing overhead press today. Nothing crazy, taking the opportunity to rest up.

Did deload sessions on deadlift and bench tonight. I don't think I'll ever try and skip deloads again.

2/5/2016

Squat

245x5

280x5

320x7

Standing OHP

120x5

135x5

155x5

Bodyweight lunges x20

Done. Beer:30, steaks on the grill. Hell of a bad week for a few reasons. Some work, others a bit more intangible and out of my control at this point. Good to blow off some steam in the weight room even if it wasn't a stellar session.

2/7/2016

Deadlift

245x5

280x5

320x8

Bench

170x5

200x5

225x11

2/12/2016

Squat

260x3

300x3

335x12

Standing OHP

130x3

150x3

165x5

2/14/2016

Deadlift

260x3

300x3

335x6

Bench

185x3

215x3

240x7

Trying to find a solution to this golfers elbow. Been hitting it more often with the armaid, and it seems to be working finally. Right arm starting to feel more like the left--that godawful knot is slowly going away. Really working on the triceps lately and I think that's been key. 

• Like 1

2/19/2016

Squat

280x5

320x3

355x7

OHP

140x5

155x3

175x2

Wrist thingy pronation/supination

I hate to jinx myself, but I'm starting to feel some significant relief from this golfers elbow after a solid year of increasing pain. I was honestly starting to think it wouldn't get better. Armaid, wrist thingy, and not touching grippers has been the right combination for me. 

I used the wrist thingy 2-4 times per week when I first got it, then put it down for a few weeks (due to time constraint). My right elbow felt like dog meat foli about a week, but starting this week I noticed that blowing my nose and wiping my ass no longer hurt. (Seriously, it hurt like hell!)

I'm hoping to build on the progress I've made and really be smart about training in the future. The one positive from this whole experience is that I've learned a lot about the nature of this kind of injury. I treated it as inflammatory for a few months, but this was counterproductive. 

I think the bottom line is I went way too hard on the grippers too soon, without building sufficient functional grip strength first. Also starting to question the value of grippers a little bit. More and more they seem like a novelty, for lack of a better word. Still very much interested in the various certs, but starting to see more value in other methods. 

Ugh, golfer's elbow sucks.  I dealt with it chronically when I was big into olympic weightlifting.  Did you ever try voodoo flossing it?  That always helped me pretty considerably.  I would do it before mobilizing prior to a workout and then do it as I cooled down as well.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Ugh, golfer's elbow sucks.  I dealt with it chronically when I was big into olympic weightlifting.  Did you ever try voodoo flossing it?  That always helped me pretty considerably.  I would do it before mobilizing prior to a workout and then do it as I cooled down as well.  

I haven't but I'm googling it now, thanks

No problem. And you don't have to buy commercial products for it to work. I just used a cut bike tube. Works like a charm. 

So you think that would continue to help the medial epicondylitis?

It did for me for sure. I would wrap from ~3 in below the epicondyle, up, then down typically focusing the tension of the wrap over the flexor attachments. I didn't ever cross the elbow joint. If it was particularly bad and I could pinpoint the problem area (typically the spot just distal to the epicondyle), I would wrap up a playing die to truly pinpoint the maximum pressure. Then I would work through ranges of motion with and without holding onto something until my hand got 'dusky' from lack of circulation. It's called voodoo because it's basically black magic how it well it can work. 

• Like 1

I cut a 26" bike tube today and tried it out. Wrapped it tight from the elbow joint down and moved it in every direction for 3-4 minutes. Did you do this every day?

For times when it was a bad flare up, yeah. Sometimes I would do it a few times in a day. Did it work for you? I don't think I could go that long with it. 

Yeah it did, thanks again. So good to be getting some relief finally. 

• Like 1

2/21/2016

Deadlift

280x5

320x3

355x4

Bench

200x5

225x3

250x5

Wrist thingy pronation/supination-buncha reps with a 35lb plates

Sledge levering 8lb

Did voodoo flossing before and after workout in addition to my normal stuff

My diet and rest have been horrendous this month, and I've really felt it under the bar. Time to clean that shit up and get some sleep.