Some Heavy Grips Ratings Data

Cannon

On the website it says the Matt brought in about 600lbs of IM grippers and about 300lbs + worth of heavy grips?

Correct me if I'm wrong!

you're right, but we definitely didn't rate them all!

Dax, it's a small sample right now. We'll see how the numbers hold as we get more data and as always we'll put it out there.

• Like 1

It's impressive that the HG's are this consistent. In the past this was one of the gripes against them. These may have all come from the same manufacturing batch and with good quality control.

I'd assume if they're this consistent that they all basically have the same spread within a couple mm, and that they have just about the same mounting depths.

.. neilkaz ..

Are you going to put up another set of pre rated grippers soon? I'm bulging a wood frame to use for rating with a crane scale, want to see where I'm at and then get some a bit heavier.

Whats the handle size on Heavy Grips vs say a CoC? Trying to find a 122-123 gripper to help me close my 126 coc 2.5

Edited by GripScrub

My old HG was 19.4 mm, Coc's are 19.0, though the knurling can give +/- 'a bit'

Whats the handle size on Heavy Grips vs say a CoC? Trying to find a 122-123 gripper to help me close my 126 coc 2.5

I can't eyeball a difference between the grips on Heavy Grips and CoC grippers. I believe I saw a pre-rated HG250 that was 122 up on CPW's site.

I can't eyeball a difference between the grips on Heavy Grips and CoC grippers. I believe I saw a pre-rated HG250 that was 122 up on CPW's site.

There are also RB210 and RB240N Spectrums available in this range,

there was a pre rated 122 in the pre rated section.

the problem with the spectrums is the handle size, they are 20.6mm, compared to CoC's at 19.1mm according to my measurements.

makes a difference when you are going for CCS on a #3, also the spread is obviously different on the narrows so TNS with them is wayy different. I want to replace all my specrums with IM, tetting or GHP as they become available.

HG handles are 19mm as far as I can tell. To me they always feel negligibly smaller than CoC handles at 3/4".

My 4 HG are quite different as long as spread goes. Two of them are 56 mm, one is 60 mm and the last one is 61 mm. My hands are average sized and I find their small handle size and spread quite comfortable, I don't even have to set the gripper the first time

• Like 1