Start Armwrestling

greppstark

I've started training for it recently. Here's what I'm doing for it:

1. DU bending

2. Reverse bending

3. heavy preachers

4. Heavy hammer curls

5. Volume hammer curls

6. Occasionally sledgehammer work (pronation, supnation)

Bending works wonders for the wrists, most people I've ever pulled with have weak wrists which puts me at an advantage!

• Like 1

1. DU bending

2. Reverse bending

3. heavy preachers

4. Heavy hammer curls

5. Volume hammer curls

Bending works wonders for the wrists, most people I've ever pulled with have weak wrists which puts me at an advantage!

Sounds awesome! :)

1. DU bending

2. Reverse bending

3. heavy preachers

4. Heavy hammer curls

5. Volume hammer curls

Sounds awesome! :)

It seems that most arm wrestlers are great at weighted pull ups/chins/neutral grip. So there has to be something to it. I used to train weighted pull ups then stopped, kept AWing for two years and tried weighted pulls again two years later and wow, weight increased dramatically. Right off the bat, after a two year hiatus, way stronger than I ever was.

So I'm a big believer in weighted pull ups or if you can one arm hangs. But nothing is better than table time.

If your on this forum I'm sure your hands and wrists a way above average.

great recomdantions, also check out the other recent thread here

one exercise I haven't mention before that I think helps: one arm lock-offs! you can progress with inc time or adding wts.

this is a good one for pronation for top roll and all you need is a belt and some wts. I also like the wand in the vid for stretching the pronator and also wrist flexors/tendons that attach at the medial epicondyle and where a lot of people develop pain ( it's easy to stress those with arm wrestling).

Another exersize I've seen armwrestlers do is isometric holds with a dumbell, a really heavy one.

Towel pull ups, which has been mentioned already are great I can imagine. I think it's important to not neglect full body strength with armwrestling, sure the hands and forearms are the most critical part but ideally you want to pull your opponent up and sideways, so you'll need to have a really strong back, core and chest also, the legs will assist you aswell. I don't really think there is a "best one" besides actual armwrestling.

I think the "best" tactic besides actual armwrestling is to be very strong in the whole body, I think that most people who have very good allround strength will have advantage. No weak links.

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Like 1