Russian Dude Bends Koasb

Mike Sharkey

Looks like the toughest thing I've seen him crush. I actually thought Russia was cold. Guess not since everyone goes shirtless there all the time :whacked

Some creative wrap combinations. That first set looks like BBW's. Not sure how he might have gotten them.

• Like 2

Yea, I was thinking the exact same thing. And since I have the entire roll of BBWs and I only sent one pair to Ivan, I'm about 70% sure they are not.

That was a hell of a bend though. I'm impressed. Only a couple of guys have been able to move this piece of steel, and Alex finished it. He is the strongest right now.

And it is very cold in Russia. He just hates wearing shirts.

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 1

I can't even imagine how hard that was at the crush.

Impressive for sure. What do those rate at? Who's all done one?

AZ-Grip has it listed at 820.

Tommy and I have kinked them. I took mine to about 35-40 degrees. Tommy took his to I think 65-70 degrees. No one other than Alex has bent one fully. Well Gazza has, but that's a story for another day.

• Like 2

Really impressive! anybody a idea how many his bodywheight is? I am only curious :grin: And I am asking myself of it is a benefit to be a little heavier in bending (bodywheight)

Respect for this man!

Just doing a 5/16 ss took all I had at that time I can't imagine a 3/8 piece lol. They load up so much at the crush.

I braced bent one once and they load up like crazy on the crush. The dude is strong, no doubt about that.

Crazy bend.

I braced bent one once and they load up like crazy on the crush. The dude is strong, no doubt about that.

Crazy bend.

I've also braced bent one, and I concur! If you think a regular Shiny loads up, that aint nothing compared to a KOASB! This bend is beyond sick! If this guy sorts out some of that flexibility, the Gold nail cert will be his!

Crazy bend.

I've also braced bent one, and I concur! If you think a regular Shiny loads up, that aint nothing compared to a KOASB! This bend is beyond sick! If this guy sorts out some of that flexibility, the Gold nail cert will be his!

Just seems like his training is all over the place. He's got the strength. Not sure about the focus.

I agree with Tommy about a mag shiny being alot easier than a KOASB. I did not know that he had failed a mag shiny. Either he's gotten alot stronger or something's up. Maybe it wasn't an FBBC stainless bar? I mean there has been some issues of steel nomenclature before. Like Tommy said, no hate. Just asking out of curiosity.

Fellas. Alexander killed the iron grip 250 bar in about 4mins. Now according to the math that bar is about 750lbs by the U.S. calibration. If this KOASB is about 800-825 this is authentic. Remember he fought with the crush for the better part of 8mins.

Yeah this guy seems super legit and a beast. I've always wondered if that was a store or something? Imagine going in and seeing these bends go down lol

He has alot of moster bends on his channel. He's definitely legit! No one is questioning that! But this one still sticks out. Maybe it's just from the old batch variance phenomenon. I'm just going from my own experience with the bars I've bent. Judging from the KOABS I used to brace bend, a 7" 750 bar would hardly be considered a warm up, in IMPs! When I was braced bending the 7" KOASBs I was also braced bending 3/8" Sivaco spikes cut down to 4". Yes, 4"!

He has alot of moster bends on his channel. He's definitely legit! No one is questioning that! But this one still sticks out. Maybe it's just from the old batch variance phenomenon. I'm just going from my own experience with the bars I've bent. Judging from the KOABS I used to brace bend, a 7" 750 bar would hardly be considered a warm up, in IMPs! When I was braced bending the 7" KOASBs I was also braced bending 3/8" Sivaco spikes cut down to 4". Yes, 4"!

man that's insane. 4"!!! Any vids of those? Very cool

No video of the 4" bend. Only a picture in my gallery here on Gripboard. Shortest bend I've got on the tube is a 5" spike Rosendaul sent me. I think I'll try and dig out some of the old KOASB and send it to anyone who wants to rate it or bend it to see how they compare with the ones from today.

Congrats for this bend !

Thats very impressive!

On my strongest time i was able to kink it to 15° and finished it from 50°.

But i was never able to manage a whole bend.

• Like 1