Buy The Ticket, Take The Ride

JHenze646

During my warm up today something bit my finger and it swelled and throbbed instantly. 

Cowbell 155 3x3, 35s pinch&hold x3, 37blob loads x3 sets, Huh champ attempts x3, LBH up to 135x1, 90 3x3

DO bend in IMP 1/4 sqr x5, DC1 to heart - had to work for this one

ONWARD!

0619161618.jpg

13 hours ago, KRC said:

Are those all 70D's in those videos?

Two are and two are 5/16 crs.

CBT wk3

My right hand has some issues going on. I will have to alter the plan.

Wrist curls

Crusher 102 5x5

Rack lockouts 275 x 3

Easing back due to issues with R hand. One appears to be superficial and one clearly is not.

Tuesday

CBT wk4 reload

Thurs

Wrist curl 50 5x5, Crusher 107 5x5, DOAD 225 X5 - Ran out of time.

Finger walks, cowbell, LBH, 4" block, DC0HIND to heart

DO bending 1/4 sqr x2, 5/16 G2 x2, 5/16 crs, 70D

I was tired today because I haven't stayed on task.

I spent about an hour and a half digging through the scrap bin for bent nails and hunks of flat bar. Whenever I make something, I always feel bad about the poor workmanship I put into it. There are always so many terrible mistakes. I am learning as I go and couldn't have learned that there would be a problem without at first trying. Should you come into possession of something I have made, I apologize for the imperfection. I am constantly striving to improve in level and breadth of skill. Each endeavor is only a representation of the skill and conditions available at that time. I make no claim to craftsmanship or art. I only wish to contribute and offer what I can.

The Cloths of Heaven

Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths 
Of night and light and the half-light;
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

W. B. Yeats

• Like 1

Tuesday

CBT wk5, hubchamp attempts, fingercurls

Thurs

Wrist curls, Crusher, fat grip deadlifts

Squats and deadlifts have regressed further over the last few cycles. Time for an adjustment.

Finger walks & ext., cowbell pinch, LBH, 4" pinch block.

Do bending 1/4sqr(7x1,6.5x2), Bastard, Huge Bastard attempt, 9/32 SS 

DC0 to heart

And then...

Thanks for reading my log.

• Like 2

This week

CBT wk6, shot rotations

Wrist curls, Crusher, fat grip deadlifts

Finger walks, cowbell, LBH(was terrible), 4 inch pinch block(see below), DO bend 70D, Bastard.

Everything seems like a struggle right now.

“His answer to every problem, every setback was “I will work harder!” —which he had adopted as his personal motto.” 
― Animal Farm

• Like 1

On 7/15/2016 at 8:11 PM, JHenze646 said:

Not a training update just a little hammer picture.

0715162000.jpg

This is so badass!

I "unliked" it...just so I could "like it" twice.

• Like 1

Today was terrible. I gave up on doing my workout. I have been regressing despite constant efforts to move forward. I decided to bend some steel and call it. 

Then this happened...0807161351.jpg

SSP #3

I have been trying to get one of these for a year. I am calling today on this good note. I will probably carry this bent shoe around with me for a few days like a weirdo. You can't understand what it means until you have bent steel.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

Today was terrible. I gave up on doing my workout. I have been regressing despite constant efforts to move forward. I decided to bend some steel and call it. 

Then this happened...0807161351.jpg

SSP #3

I have been trying to get one of these for a year. I am calling today on this good note. I will probably carry this bent shoe around with me for a few days like a weirdo. You can't understand what it means until you have bent steel.

Congrats man!  :bow

Sometimes I have to remind myself that success is not linear.  Never give up...never surrender. :rock

56212b578a592544d61d1956e081cfa0.jpg

• Like 4

CBT test week 

No improvement.

Thankfully I am too stupid to quit. I am going to run a few weeks of singles and then reasess Grprs.

My plan has eroded and the opportunity isn't available for me now so it no longer matters anyway.

Legends is this weekend and it will be good to see everybody. I don't expect to lift much of anything but I am going to give my best effort. I feel like I am going to just be in the way and waste everybodies time in the legend class.

I am going to be car pooling to the comp with Brent. So that should be a fun start.(Despite what I may have told you he is still alive. He did not die horribly from a disease contracted from an animal bite as previously reported.)

Oh well. Onward!

• 3 weeks later...

There has been lots of stuff this year, and even though I continue to train, things are going poorly. I am going to make some changes and hopefully utilize my time better. 

Scheduling conflicts may keep me from competing the rest of the year. I am not in any condition to compete anyway.

Squeezed some grippers and mangled some shoes tonight.

0829162150.jpg