Irongrip 175kg Cert Attempt And 195 Incomplete

acromegaman

Here's my Cert Attempt:

and here's my Incomplete 195kg bend. I feel like I pulled my knuckles out of place or something. I could handle the pain but it freaked me out that it felt this bad this time. I'll heal and do a complete bend. Enjoy my bad video making skills :)

Edited by acromegaman
  • Like 1

Nice bending, that 175 seemed easy for you. Can you please explain further the feeling of fingers being pulled out of socket. If it's what I think you're feeling I have a way to remedy this.

Nice bending, that 175 seemed easy for you. Can you please explain further the feeling of fingers being pulled out of socket. If it's what I think you're feeling I have a way to remedy this.

It happened a week or two ago originally when I went to crush a big bar by interlacing my fingers and on this bend I was either not healed up yet or I just aggravated it further. My pinky and ring finger knuckles got really sore and I can handle that, but it felt like if I kept going that it might do some serious damage.

Didnt watch the 175, but the 195k was getting movement on every hit.. Should have stayed with it bud. From the looks of things, (pain or not) you WOULD have finished it in a few more hits. Youve got more in you, so get off the brakes.

If you wrap a hard bar up, go hard.

Constructive criticism, btw. Because If it were easy everyone would do it.

Thanks Tommy. I was just freaked out that it felt so much worse than last time and I didn't want to do any serious damage so I just called that a kink and sweep workout.

Steel bending hurts in general but sometimes your body gives you warning signs to back off. Extremely impressive bend my friend.

I know how hard it is to back off when you want a bend really bad. I've both pushed it and injured myself and I've backed off to save injury because I need my hands to make a living.

You'll get it.

Steel bending hurts in general but sometimes your body gives you warning signs to back off. Extremely impressive bend my friend.

I know how hard it is to back off when you want a bend really bad. I've both pushed it and injured myself and I've backed off to save injury because I need my hands to make a living.

You'll get it.

Thanks Tim. I figured that since this wasn't a cert bend because the bar was already wobbled that I would stop and save my hands and that bar for another day. I usually go all out until the bar bends or my strength is gone, but this time just felt different.

I hear you completely. Believe me, I've been there.

I like the way it feels. When bones start moving, things get interesting.

But no I don't have a remedy for that. I thought you meant something a little different.

Didnt watch the 175, but the 195k was getting movement on every hit.. Should have stayed with it bud. From the looks of things, (pain or not) you WOULD have finished it in a few more hits. Youve got more in you, so get off the brakes.

If you wrap a hard bar up, go hard.

Constructive criticism, btw. Because If it were easy everyone would do it.

+1

Great bend at 175kg and a great attempt at 195kg.

The 175 looked like a warm up bend!

And congrats for the cert!

Edited by MANTHOS

Congratulations to the cert! And good work on the 195 bar! Only you know when it's best to back off or not. I've never really felt that knuckle dislocating thing you described, if I felt that I'd probably back down too. Skin and flesh heal quickly, but tendons and ligaments take forever to heal so I do everything I can to avoid those. If I feel pain in my joints, I stop.

• Like 2

Congratulations to the cert! And good work on the 195 bar! Only you know when it's best to back off or not. I've never really felt that knuckle dislocating thing you described, if I felt that I'd probably back down too. Skin and flesh heal quickly, but tendons and ligaments take forever to heal so I do everything I can to avoid those. If I feel pain in my joints, I stop.

Wuuuut?... This is Wiggy posting, right?.. Because the Wiggy i know of never stopped mid bend because of pain. And that same Wiggy literally almost died bending a horse shoe because he refused to back down.

Blasphemy i say!

Haha. I guess I've gotten softer being away from steel bending all this time. I do however remember making a distinction between good pain and bad pain. Good pain being something that you know has little risk and in the end will make you stronger and tougher, and bad pain being something which might also make you stronger but with alot of risk getting injured in the process. Usually most people will be able to push themselves harder than they think and still make gains without injury. But training close to one's limit is something I think requires experience. You need to know your body. What warning signs to look for. And also knowing what injuries you're prone to get. Some people might be prone to shoulder issues, hand and/or finger issues, etc. I know that my biggest issues is the joints in my knuckles at the base of my fingers, in particular severe side pressure can cause bad pain for me. My shoulders can take pretty much anything, and my palms are so tough I was actually surprised to hear that people can injure their palms from doing something relatively gentle as gripper work. But those are not my weaknesses, they're some of my strengths. So when people talk about pain in their palms, I can't relate. But when it comes to the knuckles, I'm more prone of getting injured. I suppose that when I heard Acromegaman mention problems in his knuckles, I got to thinking of my own past problems, and I felt urged to give a word of cation.