Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
acorn

R+p Vbar Lift. 1.5" - 58#

11 posts in this topic

First time trying this for weight. Got the idea after reading about a lift Ben came up with as far as I know, the R+P Thickbar Farmers carry. I managed to get another 5Kg after this one but didn't bother videoing. 100# seems doable with some work. Or at least 40Kg at the minimum for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoa6l1E8sF8

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

very cool lift

That seems like it could be a pretty useful variation. Definitely nice to have a variety of accessory lifts in the tool bag...nice job man!

1 person likes this

Interesting. . . .

My curiosity demands I try this lift tonight (subject to locating my 40mm v-bar handle).

I think I'll be happy if I can get 44lbs :blush

1 person likes this

messed around a little with this between 2hp attempts... 52# felt easy but 62# ramped up fast... didn't try anything higher cuz they were hell on my bicep tendons!! definitely a good supplement to crush training however

1 person likes this

messed around a little with this between 2hp attempts... 52# felt easy but 62# ramped up fast... didn't try anything higher cuz they were hell on my bicep tendons!! definitely a good supplement to crush training however

You hit the nail on the head. Main reason I was testing it and with 1.5" vbar was for crush accessory. Finger positions are not far off final close position. I took a quick look at finger position on the 1" vbar as well and finger position is a bit tighter than final closed position with unfiled gripper. Something between the 2 may be the sweet spot, or this might be close enough joint angles for the isometric carryover effect. It does ramp up fast. I did mine after a rather healthy gripper session and was able to do the 58# both hands, and 69# LH but only barely break that off ground RH it was so smoked from the gripper work.

- Aaron

You hit the nail on the head. Main reason I was testing it and with 1.5" vbar was for crush accessory. Finger positions are not far off final close position. I took a quick look at finger position on the 1" vbar as well and finger position is a bit tighter than final closed position with unfiled gripper. Something between the 2 may be the sweet spot, or this might be close enough joint angles for the isometric carryover effect. It does ramp up fast. I did mine after a rather healthy gripper session and was able to do the 58# both hands, and 69# LH but only barely break that off ground RH it was so smoked from the gripper work.

- Aaron

very creative, i agree - the 1.5" seems to be perfect and they focus on the absolute weak spot of the hand

Also why I have a 1.5" revolving handle. :)

Edited by acorn

I've used the silver bullet in this fashion. Using only the pinkie to lift the weight.

1 person likes this

Very creative Aaron! That actually looks kind of painful. I only have a 1.9" vbar, but I will have to try it Saturday.

Edited by bwwm
1 person likes this