Black Grade 8 Du In Imps

Buccos1

These black grade 8s calibrate at around 500lbs. at 6" and are nasty! I've bent a ton of them DU, but mostly in BBW. Typically I try to stay away from DU grade 8 bends with single IMPs, 'cause they end up destroying my fingers, but decided to wrap one up today. :) Couldn't do much else after this bend with my planned grip-stuff (Rolling Thunder/grippers).

• Like 3

Awesome bending man, very strong! And great song too...Slayer always gets me fired up!!...dang now I feel like bending something lol!!

• Like 1

As a Double Underhand bender who is no where near that I have to say: Dude, that's awesome.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Thanks for checking it out Sean!

What can I say bro? Not much surprises me with your DU. You have really mastered it. And I have to say, I'm a bit jealous.

Thanks EJ! It seems like I still have some more potential with DU ... double overhand, not so much I think.

Thanks EJ! It seems like I still have some more potential with DU ... double overhand, not so much I think.

Well if you ever decide to go DO, the dark side will welcome you lol.

Do you have any calibrated steel over 440x7? I think you could do some damage to some 460-475 DR. PM me if you want some, pretty sure I have it. Let's really test that DU.

Well if you ever decide to go DO, the dark side will welcome you lol.

Do you have any calibrated steel over 440x7? I think you could do some damage to some 460-475 DR. PM me if you want some, pretty sure I have it. Let's really test that DU.

LOL. With DU, I might try some 7" bars in the 400-420 range with IMPs. But, one of my big goals remains a 450 bar @ 7" with BBW. Last year, I was hitting some 445 bars and getting 10-20 degrees. On the right day, though, one of those might fall!

With my DO, I had to pull back a few years ago after messing up my elbow attempting a 6" O1 bar at 600lbs. in IMPs. One of these days soon, might try to work my way back to a 500-510 bar at 7" one last time in IMPs.