Back In The Saddle

Jordan Rechsteiner

Well it has been 2 years and its high time I got back to gripping. Added 25lbs and now I'm hitting the gym 4-5 days a week. Wow, I mean wow. Even I cannot believe how strong my first day back is.

I didn't expect to close my easy #3 just get close with it. That thing felt like a #2 and with the world's sloppiest set I easily closed it from a fairly wide set (close to CCS). So I chalked up properly, set my MM1 replica which is actually harder than the actual MM1 by about 2 lbs on the infamous RGC (since the real MM1 isn't per regulations allowed to be calibrated please let the record show: this is solely my opinion :) ). I had my MM1 replica calibrated/rated with eric milfeld who is just a great stand up guy and one of the strongest human beings I've ever known. It came in as 156.5 lbs and approx 2 lbs harder than the real MM1. Anyway I just chalked up and slammed my MM1 replica and I am blown away. So I figure why not try my easy #3.5? I wait a while, mentally visualize the set, and closed my 166lb #3.5. Likewise I got my 165lb BBE which is actually more difficult for me because I have much more experience in IM grippers and am accustomed to the COCs. Yes warren tetting makes all the springs but the spread and feel of different grippers varies. For me the BB springs are somewhat easier to set but harder for me to finish. Typically, I can get my easy #3.5 before I can get my BBE. My goal is now to get my super hard #3.5 COC rated at 179lbs. It has a huge spread slightly less than 1/16" short of 3". When I get that in a CCS, I will get the IM cert. I'm much stronger now. Stronger than I've ever been and I've added 20+ lbs in the last 2 years. What always held me back before was my lack of size/strength and constant injuries. My next gripper is the first I've never closed= my adjustable BBSE rated (in it's current position at 177lbs. Today is my 1st day back in 2 years of being off. I'm back in the saddle again.

-Jordan

• Like 1

Good to see you back training. Good luck in reaching your goals.

Which cert are you talking about? I thought you were going to do the #3, #3.5 and #4 all on the same day? Good luck and glad you are back in the mix!

A 166 3.5??? Holy cow that is a light rating for that gripper!!

• Like 1

Compared to what 3.5's rate at now, that is a rare find and really low.

And welcome back.

Welcome back, Jordan!

But if you don't do a contest sometime soon I'm not gonna be your friend anymore. :D

• Like 1

Yes, very light. Real narrow spread too about 2 5/8" if memory serves me. It is the one in my avatar there. You can tell by the handles it's narrow. Anyway, hey Jedd do you still have that video of you curling the 90 lbs with one arm? I'd like to see it again for motivation that is where I'm trying to be right now.

-Jordan

Welcome back, Jordan!

But if you don't do a contest sometime soon I'm not gonna be your friend anymore. :D

Ouch. Dart to the heart buddy. Ok bro you got it. I got oodles of time this year. Guess I ought to head out your way sat.

-Jordan

Yes, very light. Real narrow spread too about 2 5/8" if memory serves me. It is the one in my avatar there. You can tell by the handles it's narrow. Anyway, hey Jedd do you still have that video of you curling the 90 lbs with one arm? I'd like to see it again for motivation that is where I'm trying to be right now.

-Jordan

The narrow spread is why it's light.

Tetting does not make IM springs, by the way.

Good luck with the training! I like your goals too. Approachable.

-Jordan

Narrow spread will do it every time!

Here is the 90-lb Curl:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

-Jordan

Narrow spread will do it every time!

Here is the 90-lb Curl:

Webster's definition of "stud" has your pic by it Jedd. Bravo and I hope to do that one day. Sitting I can probably only grab 50-60 pounders now. That is actually more impressive than my goal which is to do it standing. I just lift em till I stop. Ok today's workout:

Warm up=

1 rep 45mm block set my 149lb GHP level 7.

2 reps mms with my 156.5lb MM1 replica.

Workout=

2 Reps 40mm MM1

2 Reps 40mm MM1

2 Reps 40mm MM1

2 Reps 40mm MM1

1 Attempt 40mm 177lb BBSE with nice 20 sec 3/4" handle hold (it is in striking range)

1 Rep 40mm MM1

Set work with my filed BTR vulcan

I am not quite ready to start work with my easy #3.5 and didn't mention last time that I only barely made a brief contact maybe twice during my close last week. I think that's enough for today. Not nearly my former regiment but I don't want to get over zealous too quick.

-Jordan