Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nickr104

Garage Night 2014

24 posts in this topic

It will be Saturday March, 1st of the Arnold Weekend here in Columbus , OH

Location Sean Dockery's gym 1289 Sweetbay Pl. Galloway ,OH

Will be food drinks and lots of grip, strongman, and lifting toys to play with.

Starts around 6:30 7:00

all are welcome

2 people like this

Its alway a blast! If you are in Columbus for the Arnold come on out . We will have food and you bring whatever you want to drink.

3 people like this

Unfortunately the beaver was small so there won't be much more than a taste for each person to try but man it is good!

1 person likes this

What grip toys are there or being brought (or needed)?

What grip toys are there or being brought (or needed)?

I don't know what all Doc has these days - don't know what Nick is bringing either - when I asked Doc he said bring whatever I want to play with. I'd say bring whatever you guys feel like dragging along when you come. I wouldn't mind seeing one of those 135# DBs you guys keep showing in the videos.

Doc still has stones, weights, axle , thick dumbbell handles , 146 globe bell, inch dumbbell, blobs. Grippers some where.:) I can bring a few things if anyone wants. Let me know. I will have some bending stuff with me but will more then likely be shot from all the bending I will be doing at the Arnold. Chris bring your pinching 45's.

Doc still has stones, weights, axle , thick dumbbell handles , 146 globe bell, inch dumbbell, blobs. Grippers some where. :) I can bring a few things if anyone wants. Let me know. I will have some bending stuff with me but will more then likely be shot from all the bending I will be doing at the Arnold. Chris bring your pinching 45's.

Nick - bring your anvil too please. I'll pack the 45s - anything else you can think of? Or any feat anyone wants to try while you're here?

1 person likes this

Lots of video guys!!

Doc still has stones, weights, axle , thick dumbbell handles , 146 globe bell, inch dumbbell, blobs. Grippers some where. :) I can bring a few things if anyone wants. Let me know. I will have some bending stuff with me but will more then likely be shot from all the bending I will be doing at the Arnold. Chris bring your pinching 45's.

Nick - bring your anvil too please. I'll pack the 45s - anything else you can think of? Or any feat anyone wants to try while you're here?

We're going to be a little short on room but are planning to bring the 135 junior Inch DB. I think you guys will have a blast with it!

I think our guys would like to try the 146/Gracie, glad one will be there-expect a 1H C & P from Robert Miller-no pressure big guy.

I've never tried the 2x45 hublift and don't train hubs, so if there are a pair of nice hubbing 45s available I'd like to try that feat.

Would like to try a local phone book as well-guessing Jason Otto would too.

Bob - my 45s are great for a double 45 pinch but no good for hubs - not sure what Doc or Nick have for hubbing. I'll throw in a hub thing I made last week to try also.

Bob - my 45s are great for a double 45 pinch but no good for hubs - not sure what Doc or Nick have for hubbing. I'll throw in a hub thing I made last week to try also.

Chris, I'll buy a Napalm's Nightmare if you have one made up already.

I used to have 2 good hub plates but one broke. I can bring the one and one of my others that are ok.

Chris, I'll buy a Napalm's Nightmare if you have one made up already.

I just laid it out so I won't forget it. Bob - PM me you guys schedule - were you planning on visiting my place? I thought Robert said something a while back about a 2HP session ???

Chris, it's like herding cats coordinating possible times w/ the guys.,,can you check your FB messages please. i tried to start a group chat w/ you, James, Jason and Robert to work out a time.

I used to have 2 good hub plates but one broke.
This sounds like a good story. How did you break a plate?

Picture from Seung-Min Kenneth Bae; SILVIS CEO & Founder · Seoul, Korea

post-3446-0-97955800-1393814780_thumb.jp

2 people like this

Garage Night 2014

Picture from Seung-Min Kenneth Bae; SILVIS CEO & Founder · Seoul, Korea

I used to have 2 good hub plates but one broke.
This sounds like a good story. How did you break a plate?

I dropped it when I was taking it off a bar hit the concert floor and one side of the hub busted out.

It was a memorable and very fun time at Doc's as always! Seung-Min took a lot of videos he will likely have processed by 3/10 that may include most of the following: a Red Nail cert and other bending (not sure if he got J.T.'s world-class horseshoe feat), levering, Gracie Bell lifts and presses, phone book ripping, hubbing and 2x45 plate pinches! Thanks to Sean (Doc) and Angela Dockery for the great food and fun!

1 person likes this

146 lb. 2.375" diameter handle Gracie Dumbbell Row attempt at ~175# BW. Someone (Seung-Min Kenneth Bae?) may have a better effort on video). Fun DB, but the 5.5" handle makes it tough to keep level, at least when you first try new feats.

vlcsnap 2014 03 04 15h02m05s34

Jason Otto w/ his first 20 lb. sledge attempt, a great start on the road to a ridiculously tough feat.

The best feat of all on Garage Night 2014:

1 person likes this

Thanks Bob. Garage Night was a blast. Hopefully I can certify on the #3 next year. Regardless, I will be back.

1 person likes this