475 Lb Dumbbell Rows

ChimpGrip

maybe Hermann goerner with his grip strength of 633 one hand dead, but he'd still have to jerk it like a mofo.

I think a fun challenge with the Hercules would be to see anyone clearly move the handles on video. Chest crush, thigh crush, anything goes. I'm not positive it's possible.

think it is safe to say no one will ever make the handles touch?

I think a fun challenge with the Hercules would be to see anyone clearly move the handles on video. Chest crush, thigh crush, anything goes. I'm not positive it's possible.

I don't even think it's possible by human or other means. Even if you used a hydraulic press I think the aluminum handles would give way and shear off the spring from the pressure required.

Not a snowballs chance in hell, brother!

• Like 1

I don't even think it's possible by human or other means. Even if you used a hydraulic press I think the aluminum handles would give way and shear off the spring from the pressure required.

One in extended handles could close.

Is such a feat possible? Where would this rank among great feats of strength?

You could not design a dumbbell to hold that much weight AND be capable of properly rowing it with a credible range of motion. . . .unless you adopt a Sri Chinmoy approach.

For this reason your second question is incapable of being answered.

Where did 475lbs come from ????

• Like 1

Look at a barbell loaded to 475# - then think about that as a dumbbell. Loaded with 45s it is huge - loaded with 25s how long would that sucker be? I hate to call anyone a troll but ........................................... He hasn't had anything to say since his original post asking this. Looks kinda fishy. I made a dumbbell for Wanngrip one time from a barbell that was bent - it was huge but would have held 475# I imagine. It was about 3' long.

I assume he is either trolling the gripboard or is very young.

Whynotjustpicktimetravelgobackintime_5be

Edited by Mike Sharkey
  • Like 4

Probably the Swedish troll back at it :sorcerer:

I'll I can say is random questions bring random answers.

First of, I will say I am NOT trying to troll the board. My questions my seem absurd because I am obsessed with trying to find out and discover what the human limit it on certain lifts or grippers, whatever it may be. If ANY of you knew me in real life, you'd probably find out after having a conversation with my that I love to ask questions to find out more all the time. And that's with ANY subject I have a passion for. For grip strength, and my strength in general, I have a burning passion for it.

Some of you will question why ask this, instead why not ask things that will help with your training? Well I've done both of those-I've posted on this board about training and things that may not be within human limits. I want to know and discover all the time.

I'm 20 years old, so I'm young. But it does not make me stupid. I am not the typical ignorant young American. I just want to know everything there is to know. What's possible, what's not, training, etc.

To me, talking about rudiculous feats of strength that may or may not be possible is far more interesting than talking about what's already been done. It looks like most of y'all don't see it that way

But again, I am not trying to troll the board. If you guys see it that way, I apologize. I just want to be above average and know everything there is to know about grip

And no, I never said anywhere on this board I tried to use the hercules in training. I just said I tried to squeeze when I took it out of its box. That's all I can do with the damn thing. So those of you saying I'm using it in training clearly misunderstood me.

• Like 1

Understand that there's a small number of folks that come on the board, and either due to inexperience or ulterior motives start asking random questions like this. I would suggest rather than asking what are the limits of human strength, figure out what your limits are and continually seek to exceed those limits. Set goals. When you run into roadblocks in your progress, then that's the time to start asking questions. Let's say you've been dumbbell rowing 120#'s, and you come in and say "hey, I'm at a plateau, how do I break it?" or "what should my next goal be?" or even stating an audacious goal like "hey I row 120#, and I'm going to row 220# by this time next year, here's how I plan to do it." would be okay. But when you've only posted a few times and throw out something completely random this, that's what gets everybody suspicious you might be wasting our time.

So what do you DB row? What's your goal to be above average?

• Like 4

Understand that there's a small number of folks that come on the board, and either due to inexperience or ulterior motives start asking random questions like this. I would suggest rather than asking what are the limits of human strength, figure out what your limits are and continually seek to exceed those limits. Set goals. When you run into roadblocks in your progress, then that's the time to start asking questions. Let's say you've been dumbbell rowing 120#'s, and you come in and say "hey, I'm at a plateau, how do I break it?" or "what should my next goal be?" or even stating an audacious goal like "hey I row 120#, and I'm going to row 220# by this time next year, here's how I plan to do it." would be okay. But when you've only posted a few times and throw out something completely random this, that's what gets everybody suspicious you might be wasting our time.

So what do you DB row? What's your goal to be above average?

I agree with ya bro..set your own goals and reach them, then set new ones.

I love learning things as much as the next guy, but there is more the be learned by looking at feats that others have done and to study how they got there rather than to speculate about what may be the possible human limit.

• 2 years later...

I did a 180lb for five or six reps, with straps in my twenties... cant imagine doing that now in my fifties.