475 Lb Dumbbell Rows

ChimpGrip

Is such a feat possible? Where would this rank among great feats of strength?

• Like 2

Where did you get that info from?

Where do you get a 475# dumbbell?

I was thinking the same thing.

I suggest finding someone good at welding because this will have to be done with a custom handle.

215kg dumbbell..? its not really grip orientated as it wouldn't be that hard to train to hold a dumbbell that size but mostly back power and core for this feat.

Guest Squat More

Why do you insist on trolling the Gripboard with threads like this. You said you wanted to be the first man to clean a millennium dumbbell right? Go train, don't post stuff like this here.

• Like 7

Why do you insist on trolling the Gripboard with threads like this. You said you wanted to be the first man to clean a millennium dumbbell right? Go train, don't post stuff like this here.

This.

I have to agree here. Not trying to be mean, but you also mentioned you are trying to use the Hercules gripper in training and you're below a COC #3 level. Just train and see where it takes you.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1

Someone give this man a medal.

Hahaha cooked him.

Well spoken.

I hate these threads.

Is such a feat possible? Where would this rank among great feats of strength?

Depends if in straps/no straps and the form used - no jerking the weight up.

A 475lb dumbbell deadlift without straps would be very impressive itself.

Whoever made that 150k dumbbell is an artist. I appreciate the work that went into that. Note the ends are made from one piece of steel turned and bored through then the bar welded on inside and outside.

• Like 1

Whoever made that 150k dumbbell is an artist. I appreciate the work that went into that. Note the ends are made from one piece of steel turned and bored through then the bar welded on inside and outside.

I think I was looking at Watson gym uk and came across this! They are known for making their dumbells more compact using high density metals from what I have read.

South Carolina Barbell makes one that can hold 525lbs. Matt Kroczaleski also sells his "Kroc" row dumbbell that can hold 350 in 10's and can supposedly hold up to 3000 pounds before bending or breaking.

I think they are pretty much like a 3 foot long Texas power bar.

Here are some redeeming things for this thread. :D

Mark Felix, 474# one-hand deadlift: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njcCIKJIGQo

Jon Pall Sigmarsson apparently did a 515# one-hand deadlift:

jon%20%20pall%20one%20hand.jpg

The weirdest thing about the orginal question now seems the "row" part. Who has ever rowed this much? Seems like nobody ever and it's not because grip was the limiting factor.

I always wonder how much thought is given to these kinds of questions? To be honest I wonder if any thought is given to these questions?

• Like 5

Matt Kroczaleski has done 300x13 Kroc rows. Those are far from strict though. I wonder what Chris James can do. He's had some impressive fat dumbbell rows.

• Like 1

also training with a Hercules gripper when you are below a coc#3 level..even if you are a coc#4 level there is no point training with it.

Ive seen mark felix do the one handed deadlift when he had his bicep injury, but no chance of rowing it.

I think a fun challenge with the Hercules would be to see anyone clearly move the handles on video. Chest crush, thigh crush, anything goes. I'm not positive it's possible.

• Like 1