Two Hands Pinch 118.95k And 122.8k (an Inch) Today

David Horne

Two Hands Pinch 118.95k and 122.8k (an inch) in today's training.

Training is going well. A nice run now of quality, constant training, with no physical problems (fingers crossed). Of course feeling physically well is good for the mental side of things too. These two areas go hand in hand. It has been over a year and a half since I've felt this well and upbeat.

Today is 11 year's since I last saw my dad (17 days before he died). When I think about my father in a special moment I always feel spiritually happy, and his love of what I did makes me feel strong. He was a superb dad!

• Like 6

Well done David !

I'm sure World records are on their way again x

My Dad's my inspiration too , we're lucky to have had such good role models and I'm sure stories from our fathers lit the light of our passion for the iron game. X

Fathers are great :) My father bought me my first full set of coc-grippers and built lots of my grip equipment!

One must honour and respect their elders!

Nice pinching David!

/ Peter Sweden

Edited by NewGrippster

Guest Squat More

Very strong pinching David, no doubts that Kody's record is in trouble. 2014 is most definitely going to be a big year with the Europinch in competitions. More people are acquiring them, more people are training on it seriously.

• Like 1

Awesome work David!

My dad inspired me too my friend. Hes gone now but I continue to train in his memory & do him proud! God bless brother!

Its gonna be a great year for pinching ! Speakin of role models, you set a great example of determination, commitment, and inspiration for me. Congrats on an incredible lift David ! Keep up the great work !

• Like 1

Chris,

I hope I can pull the world record, because at the age of 51 or 52 it will be quite a feat I think. My main goal is to push this event as far as I can go this year, and this may be at the expense of a win or two in contests as three training days are set aside for this task. But this is fine, as I know my goal.

Yes we are lucky!

I look forward to you coming up, and a great training session mate. Keep me informed.

David

Well done David !

I'm sure World records are on their way again x

My Dad's my inspiration too , we're lucky to have had such good role models and I'm sure stories from our fathers lit the light of our passion for the iron game. X

Peter, Robert and Jon, thanks for the kind words!

Kody,

Thanks!

I'm honoured to have inspired you, and hopefully I can bring more to the table. You will be inspiring others at this moment too.

Oh and your comments just show what a class act you are, and a worthy record holder.

Its gonna be a great year for pinching ! Speakin of role models, you set a great example of determination, commitment, and inspiration for me. Congrats on an incredible lift David ! Keep up the great work !

• Like 1

David, I couldn't help but observe that it appears to be quite cold in your gym area (attire you are wearing - taking up the gloves after a lift...). If this is the case, what effect might it have on your pinching? Do you think it helps in the long run to train grip in less desirable temperature conditions?

My gym is at the bottom of my garden, and so the weather will determine the gym's temperature.

It was 4 degrees Celsius in the gym on that day. I have a thermometer on the wall.

Yes cold hands hinder grip, especially pinch. So I have to try and keep warm, and get warm with warming up, etc.

I always feel you should be ready for anything, and so I don't complain about this or that. Back when I was a landscaper I worked in far colder conditions through the winter.

David, I couldn't help but observe that it appears to be quite cold in your gym area (attire you are wearing - taking up the gloves after a lift...). If this is the case, what effect might it have on your pinching? Do you think it helps in the long run to train grip in less desirable temperature conditions?

Great work, David.

My father and my Grandfather (My fathers father) is big inspirations for me. My grandfather worked double shifts with himself as carpenter. He did amazing things with his hands. Worked very hard with them.

Tobias (Sweden)

Edited by Six Barrel Shotgun

Tobias,

Nice to hear.

Hand strength made with graft was at one time something that a high percentage of the male population would have. I doubt that is the case now.

I am trying to get grip contests out there not just to strength athletes but to manual workers, and am getting some success. I have seen with my own eyes non-gym-trained people do great things.

• Like 2

Totally agree David with the manual labor statement.

I've done manual labor, farm work & maintenance work my whole life & attribute a lot of my wrist & hand strength to it! I know a lot of guys that have phenomenal hand strength & never lifted a weight in there life... electricians mechanics, masons, construction workers, etc.

I remember one of the articles on your excellent grip magazine , when your Dad used to carry his tool box a certain distance with one hand and if any body could duplicate the feat they get to keep the tool box . Nobody ever did and your Dads toolbox was safe x

I'm looking forward to the visit also David x My sons training for his first Wales Strongest man comp in February , so when that's over we'll arrange a date my friend x

Chris,

Yes, and I still have his tool box in the gym. It could have been an expensive day if you had been at my dad's job though!

I've seen Dan growing up as he is a facebook friend, in fact in a recent photo he is looking a lot like you mate! Anyway wish him all the best, and look forward to your visit.

I remember one of the articles on your excellent grip magazine , when your Dad used to carry his tool box a certain distance with one hand and if any body could duplicate the feat they get to keep the tool box . Nobody ever did and your Dads toolbox was safe x

I'm looking forward to the visit also David x My sons training for his first Wales Strongest man comp in February , so when that's over we'll arrange a date my friend x

What width are you liking these days brother?

Jedd,

There really is no difference in strength between 44-50mm really.

But at the thinner widths I can get more lifts in before a tear happens, and at the thicker widths it can feel tighter, but then it only really gives me two big lifts or so before the skin roughs up.

Nearly all my pinch training right now at all widths, equipment, and over three sessions per week is done protected anyway.

What width are you liking these days brother?

David - Awesome. Keep up the good work brother.