Ultimate Blob Challenge......!

1stCoC

A bunch of folks are at the Blobs and smaller Blobs every workout.

Of the 50 or so total on display from the smallest 7.5 lb to the largest 54.5lb there are 20 blobs of varying weight of first Fatman and second generation( including the Original, the Brother, and the Blue) I wonder either for time or just to "make a run of the table"who in this world of Grip could lift all the 20 without a miss? Who out there IS the best? Wade, Chad, Jedd ....???????? Who is the King?

I am holding one unidentified bell back from cutting into a unique Blob pair that in my opinion just may be unliftable Grail.

• Like 5

Not yet , it is a blob/ hex/ globe that looks quite old. It has me stumped as to its age or identification. It is such a combination of pure grip difficulty but with a possibility of it being of historical value. I don't know truly how long ago putting flat spots on globe shaped dumbbells emerged. You would have to be a real super stud to lift it. It is marked 100 in old looking cast lettering. I have not cut it or officially weighed it. It has been resting kind of hidden away lying at my foot as a question for over a year now.

Shaw, Burke and Snook would all do it easy. Regular blobs are tiny to there bear paws. The king is clearly Shaw though.

• Like 1

Outside of the top pro strongman who could do it. I'd like to see a few regular grip guys try it though. I'd be curious to know the lightest athlete to lift them all also.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

Who are some light athletes who are good at blobs?

83k... Burns, Milfeld, Siversson?

74k... Light Milfeld and perhaps Shallman and Hann?

66k... Up for grabs?

59k?

Adam glass is close to the 83kg class right now

Not sure about the really light weight classes I was thinking just anyone under 200lbs would be really solid. Most guys under 150lbs who are healthy weight probably wont have the biggest hands so that would be more the challenge as you get to the bigger blobs. I have 8 inch hands and that is close to 1 inch bigger then some of my friends under 200lbs and even to me the blob is very wide.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

66k... Up for grabs?

59k?

Don't forget me and Bob in the 83k class I can lift the 25kg/55lb Blob

• Like 2

66k... Up for grabs?

59k?

I LOVE how "Milfeld" and "Light Milfeld" are both on your list. :D

66k and under I am unaware of any "good" blob guys. Maybe there is correlation there? I've only lifted up to about a 40# blob for the 66k class. I don't know of a 66k class or lower fellow to have lifted a Blob50. Has anyone under 160# EVER lifted a Blob or replica....?

Also, Adam Glass is 83k-ish right now. THAT's a scary prospect for that weight class :shuriken:

• Like 1

As I deadlifted a 50blob numerous times first time I ever saw one (straight after the 2006 OZ grip championship) I never saw it as much of a challenge and therefore never bought any blobs. With training I would probably do well. I am obviously naturally strong with blobs (unlike my thickbar lifting).

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=18197&hl=%2Bblob+%2Bsiversson

Edited by Mikael Siversson
  • Like 1

I could check by seeing some super grip dude try to two hand pinch with one end in each hand while handle still connects bell before cutting it. I would put some $ on anyone doing that killer 50. Even my friend Brian Shaw. A steak dinner might be to his liking. It's amazing how ure people are of what they or others can do till the Iron hits the platform. If anyone Laine and Brian and Wade would be right at the top. Never forget Chad Woodall either...best plate pincher I have ever seen.

• Like 1

Is Adam still gripping these days? I noticed his website hasn't been updated for months.

I think he's pretty active on Facebook and my wife showed me a post of him looking R.I.P.P.E.D with a comment about "the 83kg class better watch out in 2014" or something similar.

66k... Up for grabs?

59k?

66k and under I am unaware of any "good" blob guys. Maybe there is correlation there? I've only lifted up to about a 40# blob for the 66k class. I don't know of a 66k class or lower fellow to have lifted a Blob50. Has anyone under 160# EVER lifted a Blob or replica....? Also, Adam Glass is 83k-ish right now. THAT's a scary prospect for that weight class :shuriken:

Darrin just did it. I think he's around 150-155

• Like 1

Darrin just did it. I think he's around 150-155

I was thinking about him too, but for some reason I thought he was in the 74kg class. That's where his 2HP record is anyway. 163# or more.

Maybe he is on SlimFast

He's not tall, but is a dense muscular dude. I hit him up for his weight in his blob thread.

edit: Chez confirmed he stated 160 as his weight in the video.

Lightest dude I'm aware of who has lifted that beast!

Only marked 100 so .....half would weigh 50.

Thanks.

A width?

I think Shaw, will be able to take 100 pounds. After all, Chad Woodall, lift your 100 pound anvil, and she width of 4 according to some sources, on the other - 4.5 inches. Brian stronger than Chad in a wide pinch, I'm sure.

66k... Up for grabs?

59k?

66k and under I am unaware of any "good" blob guys. Maybe there is correlation there? I've only lifted up to about a 40# blob for the 66k class. I don't know of a 66k class or lower fellow to have lifted a Blob50. Has anyone under 160# EVER lifted a Blob or replica....?

Also, Adam Glass is 83k-ish right now. THAT's a scary prospect for that weight class :shuriken:

My first blob lift I weighed about 145 or so. But I'm nowhere near that weight now.

• Like 1