447 Lb Reeves Deadlift

Mike Rinderle

Will need to get some deep dish 45s to see where I'm really at, but I was pretty happy with this for my first time trying them. Used some smaller diameter 45s with the 3 holes cut in them. Did them thumbless to try and replicate doing them with a rimmed plate. The smaller diameter starts these at about a 1" deficit. Anyway, no idea if this is any good, but here is the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpLc4mOsm8Q

• Like 4

I did today my 2nd training and it´s very painful for my fingers skins. I dont believe this is gonna be my favourite one! :laugh

• Like 1

That was awesome Juha! I have no idea what I'll be able to do with a rimmed plate. I have a bit of an advantage on these because I have such a long wingspan. Great stuff! Yourlift would have broken the world record in the 125kg class!

That was awesome Juha! I have no idea what I'll be able to do with a rimmed plate. I have a bit of an advantage on these because I have such a long wingspan. Great stuff! Yourlift would have broken the world record in the 125kg class!

Cheers bro.

How much is "biggest WR" all series included? 180kg?

Right now it is 400 lb in competition.

• Like 1

Some good lifting Juha and Mike, I watched both vids today

I always wondered about Reeves lift, none of my gyms plates are suitable for it, I got 325 my first time trying deadlifting through the holes like Mike, gets painful.

• Like 1

Mike, great lift! I've noticed all the hard work you've put into the powerlifts, but did you have to do any specialization to develop the tremendous fingertip strength for such a feat?

Not really Bob. Doing them the way I did in this video, with the hole in the plates, lets you pretty much use all of your fingers. Much easier than a rimmed plate.