Road To Crushing The Blob And Pinching The No.3

Anthony C.

Nice work Anthony! That was pretty fast to go from the #2 to the #2.5 for you. I took forever (a few years) to go from the #2 to the #3. Looks like you're going to do it in less than a year. Quite nice. Always good to have a knowledgeable coach too. Sometimes guys "forget" who has helped them and who has offered them help over their journey to the advanced levels of grip strength. Good to see you're not one of those guys.

Grip today Warm ups: Wrist rotations with broomstick, stress ball squeezes, 20 dexterity ball rotations per hand, 20xstore gripper, 15xsport, 7xTrainer, 4xcoc1Right Hand: 1xcoc2.5 (125), 1.9x2.5, 1x2.5, 2xBB master (118), 1xGHP 5, penny hold with coc 2: 16 secondsLeft: 0.8xghp 5, 0.9xghp5, 1xcoc2, 2xcoc2, penny hold with bb super advanced 20 seconds Rolling thunder lifts and holds for time 85, 105, 95, 95 TTK: 26x10, 14x20, 8x20, 17x18.75, 13x18.75, 15x17.5 One wicked wrist roller: 5 rolls up and down with 40lbsTwist yo wrist: 4 rolls up and down with 11.25 lbs Big day in grip for me, closed my 2.5 and got it on camera! Felt awesome. I still think of myself as that guy who struggled with the Trainer upon starting out. Now that the 2.5 is closed, there's only one thing on my mind going forward...MM0. Wanna give John McCarter a shout out for all the help he's given me. I'm blessed to have such a "coach" as I move up the ladder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZDFH3yppmI

Dam bro 2.5!Thats a mean step up, once you get passed the 2 its on

Like donky kong! Congrats bro

Nice work Anthony! That was pretty fast to go from the #2 to the #2.5 for you. I took forever (a few years) to go from the #2 to the #3. Looks like you're going to do it in less than a year. Quite nice. Always good to have a knowledgeable coach too. Sometimes guys "forget" who has helped them and who has offered them help over their journey to the advanced levels of grip strength. Good to see you're not one of those guys.

Thank you for stopping by to see my journal and for the comment! I hear you. When I took my first go at this back in 2004, there was no such thing as .5 grippers and I had no idea that other brands besides ironmind made grippers. So going from the 1 to the 2 was literally impossible for me and I gave up. If it weren't for the gripboard and all the advice I get from you gentleman, id be nowhere near where I am today. I really owe it all to you guys!

Grip today Warm ups: Wrist rotations with broomstick, stress ball squeezes, 20 dexterity ball rotations per hand, 20xstore gripper, 15xsport, 7xTrainer, 4xcoc1Right Hand: 1xcoc2.5 (125), 1.9x2.5, 1x2.5, 2xBB master (118), 1xGHP 5, penny hold with coc 2: 16 secondsLeft: 0.8xghp 5, 0.9xghp5, 1xcoc2, 2xcoc2, penny hold with bb super advanced 20 seconds Rolling thunder lifts and holds for time 85, 105, 95, 95 TTK: 26x10, 14x20, 8x20, 17x18.75, 13x18.75, 15x17.5 One wicked wrist roller: 5 rolls up and down with 40lbsTwist yo wrist: 4 rolls up and down with 11.25 lbs Big day in grip for me, closed my 2.5 and got it on camera! Felt awesome. I still think of myself as that guy who struggled with the Trainer upon starting out. Now that the 2.5 is closed, there's only one thing on my mind going forward...MM0. Wanna give John McCarter a shout out for all the help he's given me. I'm blessed to have such a "coach" as I move up the ladder. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZDFH3yppmI

Dam bro 2.5!Thats a mean step up, once you get passed the 2 its on

Like donky kong! Congrats bro

Thanks bro! It was a great moment for me, to be giving 120% to this and to see it paying off. Bigger and better things to come man!

• Like 1

Legs and abs today

Hip belt squats

15x190

12x190

9x190

10x190

8x190

Lots of ab wheel, v ups, elevated crunches and bench knee ups

Yesterday Chest Shoulders Biceps

Db flat bench 8x95, 8x85

Db incline bench 5x80, 8x75

DB shoulder press 9x65, 7x60

Incline hammerstrength press 4x105 per side

Db shoulder laterals with pauses at top and bottom 10x25, 9x25

bent over cable laterals 8x20, 7x15

Ez bar curls (not sure of bar's weight) 10x80, 6x80

Standing db curls 10x25, 10x25

Rotator cuff work

Great work Anthony, don't forget to work that pinch!! COC 3 very soon for you, just don't be like me and race to the 3 from nowhere in less than 12 months... Only to realize I was still far behind in the competition lifts

Great work Anthony, don't forget to work that pinch!! COC 3 very soon for you, just don't be like me and race to the 3 from nowhere in less than 12 months... Only to realize I was still far behind in the competition lifts

Thank you! Hahaha...that's funny because it seems like that is exactly what I'm doing, lol. I've been hitting the dynamic pinch hard but haven't really done much in the field of static...I don't really know where to begin with that stuff or where to place it in my training. For thick bar I usually try to hit the fat grips pretty hard but I don't have access to an axle so that stinks....also just purchased an RT!

• Like 1

New York got hit pretty hard with snow the past few days so I haven't been able to hit the gym (car sucks in the snow + no parking)

Got a crappy back workout in yesterday:

One arm dumbell deadlifts (reps are per hand)

4x105, 4x125, 5x145, 2x105fat grips

one arm dumbell row (per hand)

12x85, 10x85, 5x85 fat grips, 4x85fat grips

Really sucked training at home. I've never done those one arm deadlifts before and my abs are really sore today. I did them with the dumbell in the front, not at the side like a suitcase deadlift. Had I done those I probably wouldn't be able to walk at all today.

• Like 1

Grip today

Warm ups: dexterity ball rotations, wrist rotations with broomstick, 50 reps green EYHB, 16xsport, 7xTrainer, 4x1, 1x1.5

Right hand: 3xBB master (118), 5xbbm, 2xbbm, 3xdouble filed HG250

Left: 0.9xGHP5, 4xcoc2, 1xcoc2, 1xdouble filed hg250, 4x bb super advanced, resetting the gripper after each rep

TTK

both hands: 17x20, 9x20, 18x18.75

Left: 11x7.5, 14x7.5

Right: 23x7.5, 11x8.75

Did a static hold with 11.25lbs for each hand.

Was a quick workout. I wasn't supposed to train today, but decided to go for it and leave out the wrist work. Starting tomorrow I'll be taking my usual week off after 4 weeks of training. It may seem like overkill to some but I really feel like this is helping my CNS stay fresh and the gains coming. Weighing in at around 171 today at a height of 5'7''.

Also, god my setting in the left hand sucks. I really, really need to work on that.

Deload week dont have to be all rest, it can be active rest with easy setting training for grippers in the left hand and some other light training. :)

Deload week dont have to be all rest, it can be active rest with easy setting training for grippers in the left hand and some other light training. :)

Oh yeah, def. I always do light cardio, and lots of rotator cuff and extensor work. I'll include setting this week too :)

I have to start doing my extensorwork. I only do it now and then. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have to start doing my extensorwork. I only do it now and then. :)

Definitely, brother. The most important part of this all is to stay injury free. I usually just keep the ironmind bands on the coffee table next to my couch and give them a go every other night.

So I had my week off from training, and feel very rested, but unfortunately I'm getting a tendonitis like feeling in my left forearm. I'm gonna take this week off from hard grip training to let the hands and forearms rest up. I may even use (gasp) lifting straps for back day this week!! Don't shoot me guys lol. I also ordered an Armaid from sorinex, can't wait till that bad boy gets here. Sometimes it's just a matter of doing too much too soon and some time away is necessary to let the joints and tendons play catch up.

Sunday Legs, first day back from rest week

Squats

10x295

6x275 (had more in the tank but hips were already toast from inactivity all week)

Single leg hamstring curl

10x70

6x70

Stiff leg deadlifts, light

10x135

Hip adduction machine

15x290

Barbell split squat

10x95 per leg

Leg strength is peaking right now. The squats were all nice and deep. I couldn't be loving it any more. Hoping to be able to hit that 4 plate squat before summer!

Today chest triceps shoulders

Db flat bench 8x95, 3x100

Db shoulder press 9x70, 7x60

Db incline press 6x75

Incline hammerstrength press 6x95 per side

Incline hammerstrength close grip press 10x45 per side

Seated overhead extensions with both hands on one db 4x80 6x75

Standing db laterals 20x20 18x20

Just wanted to provide an update for anyone out there reading this...so i've been sick for about a month now...keep kind of getting better and then getting sick again. I finally broke down and went to the doctor because it got really bad. My blood tests all came back okay but i do have a very bad throat infection, I'm taking off work next week to recover, so no training for me. I've also been fighting a little tendonitis in my left forearm, so i'm using this time to rest it and rehabilitate. It's already starting to feel better.

I'll be back soon...there's still much work to be done. Let this be a lesson for everyone to drink their ginger tea, take care of your immune system and for god's sake...do your wrist curls :D

Hope you feel better soon brother, lots of PRs soon. I always PR after I get sick cuz I'm forced to take rest lol

• Like 1

Hope you feel better soon brother, lots of PRs soon. I always PR after I get sick cuz I'm forced to take rest lol

Haha yeah man, it's hard for us to take breaks. Thank you for the kind words brother!

Good way to stay injury free...I train extensors as well. Keeps your hands strong so you can push I believe.

Good way to stay injury free...I train extensors as well. Keeps your hands strong so you can push I believe.

Absolutely man. Best to be a well rounded athlete!

Yes sir...read "The Great John Brookfields book" and never forgot those muscles again :grin:

• Like 1

Yes sir...read "The Great John Brookfields book" and never forgot those muscles again :grin:

I really need to buy Brookfield's book too...that's like the grip Bible lol

I really need to buy Brookfield's book too...that's like the grip Bible lol

Great book, one of the first I read on grip!

Ahhh. After some much needed time off, I feel great. Finally got over my illness, and my tendonitis seems to have subsided for now. I've been doing lots of armaid and all variations of wrist curls. Yesterday I gave it a shot and felt really strong. Did 3 sets of 5 reps with my ghp 5 right hand, and 3 sets of 7 with my ghp 4 left hand. just some light gripper work to see where my forearms are, pain wise. I also did ttk, wrist curls and extensors. I'll start 100% tomorrow with legs.