Proud Day For Myself

Guest Squat More

Guest Squat More

I am not one to share videos of my lifting, mostly because there are a lot stronger guys than me and I don't feel like wasting bandwidth on feats that are not very impressive, but today I reached a goal I have wanted to reach ever since I got into grip. I lifted the 52lb York blob I purchased from Ben Edwards last year. I haven't spent much time training the blob, or wide pinch at all really but the last week I have been, by using a band deloader and a slick board sliding the blob up and down, then attempting lifts. On Thursday I only got slight air under my blob, maybe half an inch, a few nights before that I got 3 air lifts on it, today I got a full lift to lockout.

Today I am pretty proud, especially since the lift came so quickly after getting "serious" about lifting this blob - less than two weeks. Thanks to Ben Edwards for selling me the blob in the first place, my English bro's Maxwell Thompson and Mike MacKenzie and to Juha Harju for the inspiration from all of his sick videos.

Okay. I'll shut up now.
  • Like 8

Guest Squat More

Congratulations bro! That is one hell of a lift! Whats next?

Thanks man!

Next is to master lifting it (got another lift after that one but no video then no more, wide pinch was shot) then work on cleaning the blob, besides that my next major goal is the lifting of the Inch replica, when ever I can pick it up across the border. Got a Horne adjustable thickbar on the way to focus more on my finger strength to help me get that goal.

Awesome!

Thanks Steve, much appreciated man.

Good for you!

I'm proud of you as well my friend!

You're always striving and searching new ways to get better and

it seems to have paid off!

Thanks for sharing your feat of pinching strength!

Very Impressive!!!

Guest Squat More

Thanks Joe! I always attribute my "over thinking" (some may call it) way of approaching training to Ben Edwards, when I first got into grip, then Bending, he was always the guy who encouraged me the most and always shared every single tip he could. I always considered Ben one of the real "thinkers" in grip, at least among the men I talked to, so I always like to analyze my training, experiment and find what it best for me - even if it may not seem logical but if it works then it works. I lifted Bens 52lb blob after it sat around in my basement for a year collecting dust after only two weeks of band deloader lifts turned into negatives and a few sessions of ramp slides. On Thursday I couldn't get an inch of air under it, today I got a full lift. Not saying I am some prodigy I just found what worked best for me, particularly the deloader negatives and hit them good and hard today.

Guest Squat More

Nice work. Is that board there in case you drop it? To lessen the blow or?

The board is what I was doing ramp slides with, its nice and slick so I can glide the blob on the board and increase the angle more and more, the blob was sitting on a 5lb plate to negate the bump the thickness of the board creates (if anyone wants to get technical and say I didn't "officially lift it off the floor" go ahead, I'll laugh). I was doing that before I lifted the blob, half way through the number of slides I had planned I decided to try a lift, got it half way to lockout and lost it, so I gave myself a few minutes, got psyched up and gave my iPhone to my cousin who is also my training partner in case I got the lift and I did, then did it again off camera.

Congrats bud! That's a tough feat!

Thanks brother! Like you saw on Facebook I was only getting a tiny bit of air a few days ago, today was a good day and those negative holds after lifting from the deloader were the real finishing factor. Today I also got some decent timed holds on my bosco bell right handed, best with a tilt was 8 seconds, best without a tilt was 5.

Great job dude!

Thanks man, I appreciate it! :D

Amazing job man! That is definitely an achievement to be proud of. Lifting that thing is no joke at all, it looks easy but its incredibly difficult and hard to explain unless someone has tried it. I still have yet to lift that thing myself.

You have a talent for designing good programs that achieve results.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

Guest Squat More

Thanks Stephen! Means a lot coming from someone as strong as you are grip wise dude. I must admit though, I cheated... I had help... one 444ml can of Starbucks doubleshot Energy + Coffee, mocha flavored. 200 calories, 12g of protein, total performance enhancer.

• Like 1

Guest Squat More

You have a talent for designing good programs that achieve results.

Nah, I just have a talent of taking ideas from other people stronger than myself and applying them in a fashion that yields faster results for me. The band deloader idea came from Parris Janusek and I also saw Adam Glass post something about it before as well - I just added the full lift without assistance negatives and squeezed as hard as possible for a few seconds at a time, and the board slides from David Horne which at the time I did not understand until I saw a video of Jason Steeves doing them. None of it was my own creative ideas, just applied differently.

Edited by Squat More

Great lift man, can't beat the first time lifting the a blob.

It really made me smile to see the work, intensity and creativity in your hauling up that Blob up! It was such a turning point in my love for grip the first time three decades ago that chunk of what I thought was unliftable iron first left the ground. Keep it up . Hearty congratulations! Richard Sorin

• Like 1

Nice job man, you should be very proud!

Congrats you finally did it, email Jedd so he can put you on the boards list.

Guest Squat More

Thank you John, Joshua and Parris, feels good to be along side other strong individuals, but I don't consider myself very strong, on the contrary I see myself as weak and always striving to reverse that.

Also Mr Sorin, thank you so much for the kind words, it really means a lot, not to say everyone else's words and congratulations mean less but coming from the man who "invented" the blob - or invented a great use for a broken dumbbell, well it is just extra special.

• Like 1