1st Video Of #3 Mms Close

bdckr

Not nearly as impressive as some of the recent videos here, but thought I would share some progress.

Thanks to everyone at the gripboard who has helped with both information and encouragement. Although the #3 in the video was rated 147 (rated by Cannon), specific thanks to mudhutmaster for trading his 144 #3 (rated by Eric Milfeld) to me. I've got other low 140s grippers, but none of them have comparable spreads and sweeps. It was practicing with this easy #3 that gave me the consistency to nail this 147 every workout the last couple weeks and get my 150 #3 on the good days.

There was a dry spell of about a year of not closing any #3 after closing one for the first time last summer, so it's particularly satisfying to find some consistency.

I know that there has been some more discussion recently about the limitations of RGC'ing grippers, but it has been an invaluable training tool. Hard to believe that I've been a member of the gripboard for 8 years, but it was finally getting some RGC'd grippers early last year that helped break through a plateau I've been sitting at for a few years.

Thanks again everyone.

• Like 4

Congrats dude. If you work on your set some more, you are good for an even bigger close.

Good job man.

CONGRATS Howard!!!

Well done!!!

Great close! :) Whats next?

Thanks. Just going to see how much higher I can get MMS'ing grippers -- when I can hit the high 150's, will scale back and work on my CCS. Might take another 8 years, but we'll see if certifying is in the cards. :)

Great work man! Way to stick with it.

I've been wanting to thank you for both the encouragement you gave (way back around the time you certified) plus the inspiration. There was a time on the gripboard when it seemed like everyone posting was a monster who was able to close the #3 soon (less than a year) after starting to train for it. You had a post where you mentioned how many years (can't remember the exact number now) of training it took you, but when you finally certified, you TNS'd and totally dominated your #3.

It's been a long journey -- starting off barely able to close the #1 (good day yes, bad day no), when the #2 felt like a brick and the #3 felt impossible. Thanks brother.

Not nearly as impressive as some of the recent videos here, but thought I would share some progress.

Thanks to everyone at the gripboard who has helped with both information and encouragement. Although the #3 in the video was rated 147 (rated by Cannon), specific thanks to mudhutmaster for trading his 144 #3 (rated by Eric Milfeld) to me. I've got other low 140s grippers, but none of them have comparable spreads and sweeps. It was practicing with this easy #3 that gave me the consistency to nail this 147 every workout the last couple weeks and get my 150 #3 on the good days.

There was a dry spell of about a year of not closing any #3 after closing one for the first time last summer, so it's particularly satisfying to find some consistency.

I know that there has been some more discussion recently about the limitations of RGC'ing grippers, but it has been an invaluable training tool. Hard to believe that I've been a member of the gripboard for 8 years, but it was finally getting some RGC'd grippers early last year that helped break through a plateau I've been sitting at for a few years.

Thanks again everyone.

Great job and nice close...nice to hear a success story. Your MMS strength is coming along

Way to keep at it; looking forward to seeing you reach the next level.