Amy Wattles Ccs Closes A #2.5 In Training

wojo

I knew we would hear that news soon, great job.

Exciting! I would love see this great feat done! Good things are happening...you just have to focus and want it. Best of luck!

• Like 1

Thanks Awesome. How cool would it be if she also becomes the first woman to certify on the #3. That is crazy to think about.

Thanks Awesome. How cool would it be if she also becomes the first woman to certify on the #3. That is crazy to think about.

I know, right? My thoughts exactly.

I was talking with the Mr. today and I said I was done after the 2.5 for a while. I got a bit of a lecture and some motivation to just keep going. Jedd keeps pushing me to do it too. Soooo....adding in gripper work to my regular training is easy to do. The thought of buying a 3.5 as a training tool to help me move forward is a bit crazy to think about. I thought buying the 3 was ridiculous. Truthfully what is more motivating for me right now is to seal the deal and get the RT world record. That was the original motivator for doing grip and ironically my weakest lift.

Sooo....at this point the plan is to keep going.

He says: January 2014

She says: Summer 2014

Hubgeezer - I would expect nothing different for an emoticon!

• Like 3

Exciting! I would love see this great feat done! Good things are happening...you just have to focus and want it. Best of luck!

Yes! Very exciting. And I LOVE Adriane's support, encouragement and motivation to keep pushing. And Danielle. Wow. I don't even know her lifts but I have a feeling she's right there with me.

Good things ARE happening and it's long overdue that the women are represented. I often wonder if my grip is really that good or if we just haven't seen the strong ladies crossing over, training grip beyond just strongman and giving it a shot. I think we all might be surprised.

Edited by Amy
  • Like 2

Yes! Very exciting. And I LOVE Adriane's support, encouragement and motivation to keep pushing. And Danielle. Wow. I don't even know her lifts but I have a feeling she's right there with me.

Good things ARE happening and it's long overdue that the women are represented. I often wonder if my grip is really that good or if we just haven't seen the strong ladies crossing over, training grip beyond just strongman and giving it a shot. I think we all might be surprised.

CONGRATS Amy!!! :rock

I met Danielle at Sorinex Summer Strong and spent several hours with her on setting grippers. As time went on

she asked if I'd be willing to help her with her grip training and I gladly accepted! I have used your recent close

and your future goals as a tool to motivate Danielle to stay focused and know that Amy is at your heels wanting

to achieve the same thing! So it's kind of a race to which woman will close the 2.5 first and then the monumental

achievement of a woman closing a #3 gripper! I say either of you are capable! The question is who wants it first

bad enough?!?

What do you think? :)

Stay with it and keep us posted on your progress!!!