Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
speedy

Admin For Grippermania

8 posts in this topic

Not sure why this popped in my head today, but curious (and do not remember his handle or name) but anyone know what happened to the person that owned/administered Grippermania way back in the day? The last I heard was he was having medical issues and then shortly after the site was gone.

That is correct, it was George Champlin. He did have brain surgery a few years back and he is still alive as far as I know.

He is still alive. I see him posting on Facebook all the time.

- Aaron

Due to his medical issues and my zeal for keeping the site Grippermania alive I became the President and ran it for a while with some other good admin guys but he decided to take the site down and be done with it. I hated to see a good forum go down but it was his choice since he owned it. I believe the issues of his life had become overwhelming for him and he spiraled down into an understandable depression which no doubt had a bearing on his decision. I haven't heard from him in years but I am glad to know he is still around and I pray doing better.

Due to his medical issues and my zeal for keeping the site Grippermania alive I became the President and ran it for a while with some other good admin guys but he decided to take the site down and be done with it. I hated to see a good forum go down but it was his choice since he owned it. I believe the issues of his life had become overwhelming for him and he spiraled down into an understandable depression which no doubt had a bearing on his decision. I haven't heard from him in years but I am glad to know he is still around and I pray doing better.

I think I remember you. I was Iman74...I think...been awhile and that was an old handle I used to use.

Yes Sir I believe I remember that nickname...Like I said it was a great forum all though not nearly as large or as popular as the original Gripboard.

He is on Facebook, fellas. You should look for him on there.