3.5 Ccs, 220.5kg Axle, Six 5kg Pinch

Paul Savage

I would say: Physical badass. :bow those three feats just are insanely strong.

Edited by Geralt

Thanks Chris - for you your just one of the strongest men on the planet!

Maybe in the future, i'm not sure. HG500 is the only other cert i've wanted apart from COC4.

• 2 weeks later...

Very strong Paul! The #3.5 was amazing!!!

Got a little excited for the axle :/ sorry! Got a question on this guys, even though I'm capable of touching my fingers on the axle i find I'm stronger when i don't, instead i grip it the same as i would an inch dumbbell, so my thumb is side ways and my fingers go to the side of where my thumbs are. Is this a normal grip or do you think i have a weak thumb??

Cheers,

Paul

Paul - I've been struggling with the same thing. If I put my thumb over my middle or index finger nail when the bar rotates the thumb slips off and ends up sideways on the bar. My thumb is effectively taken out of the lift. The Inch is big enough and a different angle so I can squeeze tight with my thumb - not so on the axle. I think this is why my axle is so pathetic compared to my Rolling Thunder or Inch Dumbell strength. Are you compensating on the axle by trying to flex your wrist? My thumb in this position makes it really hard to stop the rotation.

Wade - is your left as strong on an inch or no? I am doing a couple different things, or at least trying to. I work my thumbs into the groove just like a two hand pinch, then i try to snap the bar putting pressure from side of knuckle, then with the end of my thumbs i'm trying to keep them curled up as hard as possible. I'm not particularly trying to wrist curl the bar towards me with finger pressure just help keep it from escaping 'the lock' of my thumbs.

AMAZING feats Paul!

I know what you meant with your question but asking if you thought you had a weak thumb was hilarious?

One doesn't DL nearly #500 on an axle and posses a weak thumb!

Congrats bro!!!

Wade - is your left as strong on an inch or no? I am doing a couple different things, or at least trying to. I work my thumbs into the groove just like a two hand pinch, then i try to snap the bar putting pressure from side of knuckle, then with the end of my thumbs i'm trying to keep them curled up as hard as possible. I'm not particularly trying to wrist curl the bar towards me with finger pressure just help keep it from escaping 'the lock' of my thumbs.

My left isn't quite as strong with the inch but it's close. I think I understand what you are saying. I've tried similar things. I think I will start training with my thumb starting on the side and forget about trying to keep it in a more normal position. I actually think the issue I have with axle weights not being on par with my other thick bar is because my thumb is strong - not weak - but with the axle it's much harder to use my thumb strength.

Cheers joe - i meant relatively weak

I have always thought my thumbs could be stronger wade, so maybe it is a bit of different strengths. Think about it though, if you try it normal grip, it breaks your grip then you wind up in another position and make the lift from there, how could you possibly be as strong as if you had not just got your grip broke? That be like failing a deadlift then instantly trying to rack pull the weight wouldnt it. May as well start from your strongest position an really get it in tight before the lift. <My thinking anyway