Messing Around With My #3 And 3.5

Mike Rinderle

Can't do much lifting right now because i have a torn quad, so I thought I would dust off the grippers and see where I was at. Pretty happy with this since i haven't trained grippers in a couple years. Got two CCS reps with my easy #3, closed my 3.5 with a parallel set, and came within a hair on two 25mm block set attempts with the 3.5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaXCGUPWpwI

• Like 4

Very strong Mike! That is exceptional strength after a long layoff.

Thanks buddy! Surprised myself. Gonna train up for Jedd's contest in September.

Damn that is some world class grip strength, amazing job.

• Like 1

C'mon Mike, cool you showed the numbers but they're both 10lb shy of average! ;) :P

Still cool if you're a little rusty man! :rock

• Like 1

Definitely a very easy 3. 3.5 isn't too bad. Two hardest grippers I own man. I sold everything else. :angry2: And in my defense, those were rated when freshly oiled. These things have been sitting on a shelf in the man cave collecting dust for a couple years. So add a pound or two. HAHAHA

Edited by Mike Rinderle
  • Like 1

Very good closes!

• Like 1

Great work and I hope you heal up quick

• Like 1

it's hard to jump right back into heavy grippers, you made it look easy.. good work

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Bending horseshoes works the grip quite a bit, but I really think heavy deadlift are the key. The mimic the crush position of the gripper close perfectly. Getting a lot stronger overall has helped by making the set a lot easier too. Looking forward to training for Jedd's comp in September.

Dude. Never sell gripstuff anymore! Ya hear! As this is your base strength after retirement, try focusing on grip for a while. You'd be on the

MM escalator from 2 where you were to at maybe 4 very fast...good time for a comeback.

Jealous :angry2::)

• Like 1

Now you tell me! Haha Sold a bunch of it. Needed cash at the time. Sold about a dozen grippers, my v-bar, etc. Had to pay the bills.

so close on the 3.5 man. awesome

• Like 1

Whisker on both of the block sets. Next time. :-)

Wow Mike that is really impressive considering such a long layoff...This is just more evidence that grip strength holds up fairly well compared to some more large muscle intensive lifts, once those tendons and ligaments have thickened they tend to stay more stable than muscle mass for sure.- Awesome job big guy! :rock

• Like 1

Thats true gator thats what i was thinkin, to come strait back and close some big grippers good job!

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Not too shabby for an old dude messing around.