New #4 Close (cracked The Handles Together)

Paul Savage

Cracked the handles together on my new #4. Matt Cannon rated it at 205lbs RGC. I've added a couple other videos also.

Edited by Cannon
fixed video embed
  • Like 3

Killer job on the wide set close.

Monster power Paul. Can I ask why you leave the screen when setting? Is it to help set the gripper?

I've seen several of his closes and this is just the way he sets it, by bending down.

Huge close, Paul.

One of the best gripper closes I have ever seen! Keep up the great work and you will no doubt cert on the #4.

Monster power Paul. Can I ask why you leave the screen when setting? Is it to help set the gripper?

Paul explained this awhile back. Some people felt he was switching grippers out when he was really setting the gripper against his thigh...or somewhere on his leg.

Paul explained this awhile back. Some people felt he was switching grippers out when he was really setting the gripper against his thigh...or somewhere on his leg.

Makes no difference, I think a 30mm block could of fitted between the handles from the position he started.

As I have said before you my friend are on the verge of Gripper Greatness!

• Like 1

Cheers guys

I did 18 total closes on 5 different #4 grippers, got 2 of them off hand also. I think i would have got the ccs if i tried it yesterday as was having a good day but i need to work more on close strength.

Very well done Paul :rock

Great close!

Cheers guys

I did 18 total closes on 5 different #4 grippers, got 2 of them off hand also. I think i would have got the ccs if i tried it yesterday as was having a good day but i need to work more on close strength.

So is your routine based around multiple closes at or near you limit?

Cheers guys, thanks for the support.

As far as questions go, i'm going to do a video update on monday so i can answer some questions then if people have anything they want to ask (just post them here).

One question: Do you think the Beef Builder Pro is within reach?

Do you plan on tackling the Mash Monster Table?

Got a question, Paul. As weird as it sounds... Is your recovery feeling better at this level, than say, a no.3 level?

Yes have attempted GHP#9 (with credit card), got it to 1/4". Pretty sure i have a hard one, feels like it would be in the 230's rgc.

I'm trying to organize the 4 cert attempt for early august but nothing is confirmed yet.

Yes have attempted GHP#9 (with credit card), got it to 1/4". Pretty sure i have a hard one, feels like it would be in the 230's rgc.

I'm trying to organize the 4 cert attempt for early august but nothing is confirmed yet.

Are you going to grab the crush to dust cert also? I saw some of your pinch and thickbar videos and it shouldn't be much of a problem for you. Any thought of trying out world strongest hands this year? You can't be that far from david hornes gym.

Based on this last #4 close you are right on target for the #4 cert. That was seriously one of the all time best closes right up there with nathan holles ghp # 9 close and some of the mm #7 closes. That was a wide set and a long pause also.

Edited by Stephen Ruby

Great job Paul, I knew with some rest but; #4 cracked handles :bow:bow:bow Keep going and doing whatever training your doing