Wrist Roller

kmg1982

This may be a stupid question? I'm interested in building up the size of my forearms. Im 31 5' 11" my left forearm flexed 14" right forearm flexed is 14 1/4" . I recently purchased an ironmind wrist roller 2" diameter, and there wrist reinforcer. Is the wrist roller the best choice for forearm size? Also am considering a rolling thunder. Or should I stick to wrist curls, reverse curls, etc. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I got one of those also mostly to help with wrist pain from bending but also for forearm growth also. I have felt it has helped with forearm size also even though its been slow for me.-it definitely gives you a great forearm pump- My forearms are pretty small for my size so I struggle to put on size their also. I have felt working hammer curls has helped also with the top part of the forearm. I have been thinking of working with it more its just a pain to take to the gym sometimes. I think for those like myself who struggle to put on size with forearms you just have to use really high volume to force them to grow. So just do as much forearm work as you can handle and eventually your body will adapt to the stress and be forced to grow.

I find myself ignoring forearm training a lot just because its a little boring but I think the best way like with anything is time and lots of hard training.

I think the rolling thunder helps a little but not nearly as much as wrist curls for size. I don't feel that much of a pump in my forearms for rolling thunder even working high reps.

I don't think there is a better size builder than a wrist roller. But when you put it in a rack, it takes away from its growth prowess a little bit.

You have to struggle with it by holding it out and off the ground.

It's more wrist and grip for me when it's supported. But holding it up in a reverse curl type of position, and twisting is great for size.

John macallum ( hope I spelled it right) swears by the wrist roller. he wrote : the keys to progress.

Its a very good piece of equipment but in my opinion the best thing for forearm size are wrist curls(4-6 reps range).

Want size? Wrist roller will definitely do the job...

However, I've noted a lot more growth in forearm size from using the ironmind twist your wrist device.... It's a little different than other wrist rollers, and it's really kind of an overlooked product IMO, but I think it's definitely worth checking out. But it definitely seems to me to have spurred more growth in my forearms than more conventional wrist rollers.

Thanks for all the replies. So in short grip strength is not directly related to forearm size. So stick with wrist curls, and wrist roller. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

This may be a stupid question? I'm interested in building up the size of my forearms. Im 31 5' 11" my left forearm flexed 14" right forearm flexed is 14 1/4" . I recently purchased an ironmind wrist roller 2" diameter, and there wrist reinforcer. Is the wrist roller the best choice for forearm size? Also am considering a rolling thunder. Or should I stick to wrist curls, reverse curls, etc. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

In the past when I did do it I did it without the tool anchored and arms straight which worked the shoulders. Other people flamed me saying that takes away from the purpose of the exercise and blah blah blah. It comes down to this, you can do it anchored which I now can do with my new PowerRack or you can do it free where you have to hold it up. But IMHO SAVE YOUR MONEY and this is coming from someone that buys from Ironmind. You can make the same tool for a quarter of the cost using strong thin rope, a carabiner, a piece of thick PVC pipe, and something heavy to attach it too. Hell use a bucket and add more and more sand as you progress more and more.

• 2 months later...

In the past when I did do it I did it without the tool anchored and arms straight which worked the shoulders. Other people flamed me saying that takes away from the purpose of the exercise and blah blah blah. It comes down to this, you can do it anchored which I now can do with my new PowerRack or you can do it free where you have to hold it up. But IMHO SAVE YOUR MONEY and this is coming from someone that buys from Ironmind. You can make the same tool for a quarter of the cost using strong thin rope, a carabiner, a piece of thick PVC pipe, and something heavy to attach it too. Hell use a bucket and add more and more sand as you progress more and more.

Just curious; how long a piece of pipe would you suggest? I just bought some nylon rope and a two foot piece of 2" PVC pipe. Should I just use the whole piece or cut it shorter?