How To Recover After Grip Strength Training

Juha Harju

Some tips if you need those. :)

• Like 7

very good video. I have been trying to add more recovery work to my training.

Thanks. :)

Usually "all" grip videos are hardcore 110% real pain in the ass training videos. This is how to recovery from those! :grin:

• Like 1

Usually "all" grip videos are hardcore 110% real pain in the ass training videos. This is how to recovery from those! :grin:

How often do you do recovery workouts? :)

Too rarely. :glare:

Usually I do only stretching and IM bands for entensors. Foam rolling, soft ball, negatives with stick etc.. are real good exercises. Polisher is good thing too. :wub:

• Like 1

This may be a little offtopic. I recently started training with Fat Gripz and it feels like I've hurt the extensors in the back of my right hand, from the knuckles down to the wrist. The left hand is ok, but I can feel a tension started to build there too. So I'm figuring maybe they are not for beginners and I should wait with them till I get stronger tendons?

Too rarely. :glare:

Usually I do only stretching and IM bands for entensors. Foam rolling, soft ball, negatives with stick etc.. are real good exercises. Polisher is good thing too. :wub:

Polisher is creative. Great tips and I will definitely look at giving a try some time

• Like 1

I orderd a spikey foam roller like the one you use last night.

I tried one of those at my gym the other day, a guy had it with him.

Felt great! Blood flowing and great pressure on the forearms

• Like 1

This may be a little offtopic. I recently started training with Fat Gripz and it feels like I've hurt the extensors in the back of my right hand, from the knuckles down to the wrist. The left hand is ok, but I can feel a tension started to build there too. So I'm figuring maybe they are not for beginners and I should wait with them till I get stronger tendons?

How often were you using the fat gripz? You might have just overworked the tendons just give it some rest and try some of the techniques posted in here they are very helpful for recovery.

• Like 1

Contrast baths help out a lot after a mean grip workout by flushing out the blood from the muscles and bring fresh blood in.

• Like 1

How often were you using the fat gripz? You might have just overworked the tendons just give it some rest and try some of the techniques posted in here they are very helpful for recovery.

I do bentover row, press over the head and curls, 2 times a week with them. I dont know if it matters how tight you grip them? When i get tired i let the Gripz slip down on my fingertips and I figured it might be what cause this...

• 1 month later...

I do bentover row, press over the head and curls, 2 times a week with them. I dont know if it matters how tight you grip them? When i get tired i let the Gripz slip down on my fingertips and I figured it might be what cause this...

My favorite part of the whole video is the W.A.S.P. song. lol Love it. Also (and seriously) thanks for the guidance!!!!