Shipping Out- What To Bring?

Tex

So I'll be on hiatus from the gripboard for a couple of months as I'll be sailing in about a week from now. I'm leaving some room in the seabag so I can pack some grip related training stuff, however space is limited so I've gotta pack light. (As much as I'd like to take the 12lb sledge along)

So far my thoughts are:

-RT and an IM hub - i was thinking of just tying them to dumbells on the ship to load them.

-A few grippers

-some line to just tie and untie knots to get fingers stronger.

-pony clamp with a t-bar and a pack of rubber bands for loading.

Any other ideas anyone can think of that would not take up much space, I'd be more than glad to hear. I'm going to have plenty of time for training and im hoping to come back with some big improvements. I also can't wait to hear about all the crazy strong feats that are sure to happen while I'm out to sea.

Thanks a lot guys.

Fat grips would probably be useful for the dumbbells. Get some nails and start bending!

• Like 2

So I'll be on hiatus from the gripboard for a couple of months as I'll be sailing in about a week from now. I'm leaving some room in the seabag so I can pack some grip related training stuff, however space is limited so I've gotta pack light. (As much as I'd like to take the 12lb sledge along)

So far my thoughts are:

-RT and an IM hub - i was thinking of just tying them to dumbells on the ship to load them.

-A few grippers

Any other ideas anyone can think of that would not take up much space, I'd be more than glad to hear. I'm going to have plenty of time for training and im hoping to come back with some big improvements. I also can't wait to hear about all the crazy strong feats that are sure to happen while I'm out to sea.

Thanks a lot guys.

Navy? What's your rate? SD? FL? VA?

If you're on a ship, talk to your DC'men and get a pony clamp that they use for smoke curtains...cheap TTK.

Take a few grippers, RT, Hub...you know the deal.

If deploying for awhile, I'd suggest either a grip machine if you have the room or even some block weights.

Also, there are sledgehammers on the ship (destructive mauls) that are used to destroy equipment if we gotta scuttle the bitch. They're heavy though...maybe 20-25 lbs...

• Like 1

Fat grips would probably be useful for the dumbbells. Get some nails and start bending!

I hadn't thought of fat grips, that's a great idea though. I was hoping to order some drill rod but that didn't end up happening. I may just pick up some boxes of 40d and 60d nails and just float test them when I'm done with them.

So far my thoughts are:

-A few grippers

Thanks a lot guys.

Navy? What's your rate? SD? FL? VA?

If you're on a ship, talk to your DC'men and get a pony clamp that they use for smoke curtains...cheap TTK.

Take a few grippers, RT, Hub...you know the deal.

If deploying for awhile, I'd suggest either a grip machine if you have the room or even some block weights.

Also, there are sledgehammers on the ship (destructive mauls) that are used to destroy equipment if we gotta scuttle the bitch. They're heavy though...maybe 20-25 lbs...

Just merchant marine. I'm about to receive my 3rd mates license at the end of the hitch.

Those are some good ideas, I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open while I'm on there for anything training worthy.

I'd take one of the giant wrenches they've got in the engine room if I thought I'd be able to get away with it.

A wrist roller and a leverage bar.

There's already a wrist roller on there, I'm thinking about borrowing one one of the drills on board to drill a hole at the end of it and try to convert it to a leverage bar as well. If I can't manage that, I'll just tie some weights onto the end and use it for leveraging.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm going to try to find what I can to train on board, and hopefully turn a few of the people on to grip training.

• Like 1