Average Width Of 2x 45 Lift?

Stephen Ruby

I measured out my 45's and they were about 3.2ish inches wide-around 82 mm-. This is a lift I want to get I can do negatives with it and 35's are pretty easy for me -ivanko plates for both- I'm just curious if you know the average width for the double 45 one hand lift? I want to know if these are easy/average/hard 45's to compare to others.

I wouldn't know what normal is since mine are wide as well. Possibly 2.5-3"? Just depends on feel. I didn't let my 3.4" plates stop me from hitting that goal. I now prefer the wide ones.

If you really want to nail the 2x45 in quick fashion I can share what I did when I finally buckled down to get it done. I fiddled with 2x35s for almost 2 years without a 2x45 lift. Then I got a plan together and was able to lock out both hands in 2-3 weeks time. If 2x335 is easy fro you it might be a matter of just the right plan. If you want PM me. I can get together the log/thread from that goal run and I have some videos too where I demonstrate what I was doing.

Thanks I'll probably just talk to you about it at your contest to get an idea of what you did. Yeah your 45's looked super hard I'm a long ways from even these 45's , the jump from the 35 to 45 is pretty big.

Not sure exactly what average would be. Mine measure 2.5 inches, though. I'm pretty sure that's in the ball park of average.