Starting Planning For Az Cactus Grip 6 - 2013

acorn

I'm looking into a set of certified plates for the comp. Hope I can make it happen.

- Aaron

I like the sound of the one event the Mich. guys did. 2" Crusher max reps 120# and 160# in 60 seconds. Weight beats time.

• Like 1

Interesting. The main reason I try to shy away from holds for time is that they thoroughly wipe out your grip for a long time after. I want you guys to be able to have a blast doing feats after the the comp rather than walking around with your finger flexors cramped up and hands splinted to deal with it like Rex did that one year post comp. That was a particularly brutal comp in 2009 with Grippers, Pinch, Axle, Unbraced Bending and 2 different length braced bends. Poor Rex was bruised up, bleeding from multiple places, and at least a couple of his finger flexors were cramping up by the end. A nice spectator nurse ended up splinting him, massaging his forearms and giving him muscle relaxors. Which I found out later when he was basically a puddle of jello on my couch after drinking a beer. Don't want that to happen again. Besides the alcoholic beverage inspired game of "Hold my beer, I bet you can't do this" is always more fun when there is a good bit left in the tank.

- Aaron

• Like 3

Interesting. The main reason I try to shy away from holds for time is that they thoroughly wipe out your grip for a long time after. I want you guys to be able to have a blast doing feats after the the comp rather than walking around with your finger flexors cramped up and hands splinted to deal with it like Rex did that one year post comp. That was a particularly brutal comp in 2009 with Grippers, Pinch, Axle, Unbraced Bending and 2 different length braced bends. Poor Rex was bruised up, bleeding from multiple places, and at least a couple of his finger flexors were cramping up by the end. A nice spectator nurse ended up splinting him, massaging his forearms and giving him muscle relaxors. Which I found out later when he was basically a puddle of jello on my couch after drinking a beer. Don't want that to happen again. Besides the alcoholic beverage inspired game of "Hold my beer, I bet you can't do this" is always more fun when there is a good bit left in the tank.

- Aaron

Good points. Is there a medley this year? How about a Slim style lever with a loadable sledge?

- Aaron

Good points. Is there a medley this year? How about a Slim style lever with a loadable sledge?

Naw no medley this year. We can basically set one up after with feats if ya'll like though. I still wanna see someone else pull off the Truck Pinch Pull up hill I did in I think the 2010 medley. That was actually really tough. I have the shot loadable sledge though. Just no lead shot. Maybe we could use Cast Iron swarf.

- Aaron

Oh hey, we could do the Baseline grip dyno for the last event. I'm leaning towards the vbar right now. Mostly because I wanna make that new one with the swappable tops.

- Aaron

It'd be interesting to start getting some more dyno records but I think the v-bar will be a hit.

Seriously the dyno and the Vbar would make me happy either way. Id like to try a dyno for sure but it dosent have to be an event.

Oh hey, we could do the Baseline grip dyno for the last event. I'm leaning towards the vbar right now. Mostly because I wanna make that new one with the swappable tops.

- Aaron

If you do that, you should have the 1.5" diameter as the top to give the rest of us a chance - Reinard has been training 2" like a beast all year :ohmy

• Like 2

- Aaron

If you do that, you should have the 1.5" diameter as the top to give the rest of us a chance - Reinard has been training 2" like a beast all year :ohmy

How about an wood Sledge handle top? Nice oval shape. Might get real fun with about 400# on there.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn
  • Like 1

- Aaron

How about a 1.5" or 1 5/8" revolving handle DL? That could be fun right? I'm envisioning 300# + pulls. Maybe have it rigidly mounted to top of vbar loading pin. Ooooh fun!

- Aaron

1.5" revolving handle DL would definitely drop the weight. I think the most I have done with an Oly bar 1 handed is 240/250#.

- Aaron

Haha naw man. Just only a few workouts with it. No gains really. Reaslistically, any vbar you should be worried about.

Whatevers clever Aaron. My vote, and i've given it much thought, is the half penny tug-o-war. A double ended loading pin with a penny griptopz on each end. Rounds of best of 3.

Here we go, we can do a stick pull like the Alaskans:

I'm down for the Dyno or Vbar. I'll be lucky to clear 185lbs on a 1.5" revolving DL.

I noticed you all ignored my thumb wrestling suggestion. I understand why... cause you all will loose to me.

• Like 1

I've been training thumb, so I'm up for thumb wrestling. It would like kind of silly in front of the arm wrestling dudes though.

I've been training thumb, so I'm up for thumb wrestling. It would like kind of silly in front of the arm wrestling dudes though.

There is nothing silly about thumb wrestling. I hope the the AW guys are training their thumbs! If they are not then they are going to get a thumb smash down :)

• Like 1

I'm not sure my thumbs will be up to snuff for wrasslin'.

Edited by Idiedintothe

Ok, 1st competitor has put in his entry and paid entry fee.

Entered and Paid list:

Isaiah Hubert - Open Class