Newgrippsters Traning-log.

PeterSweden

Warmup, 8kg kettlebell press 2x10 and light bicep curls

Then I alternated between heavier and heavier bicepcurls and handstandpushups, I didnt keep track of weights and reps on the curling part but the handstandpushups against a wall (bw 220lbs) was 6, 4, 5, 4 and 3. Then I did like 150 regular pushups in 4 sets. Was totally exhaused from HS pushups.

Grippers;

5@coc1

3@coc1,5

1@coc2

Left hand attempt, cheatclose and negatives;

1@GHP6

1@BB GM

1@GHP6

1@BB GM,

Left hand OC 5+ seconds;

1@filed CoC2

2x1@CoC1,5

Right hand attempt, cheatclose and negatives;

1@GHP8

1@BB E

1@GHP8

1@BB E

Right hand OC 5+ seconds;

1@GHP6

1@RB260N filed

2x1@CoC2

60mm wrist roller set up in my rack, up/down both ways, once, @22kg, 32kg and 42kg.

Brutal pump and fatigued beyond belief.

Now some extensions with IM rubberbands.

Note: I think that heavy biceps might be a dumb idea before gripper-training cause you have to squeeze that dumbell like a mother fcuker and that will tire the hands...

No more gym training, mostly bw-training from now on!!!!!

Today I trained MMA with a friend thats competing in mma.

WHen I came home I did some RT: all weights is without loadingpin and handle, as usual.

10@30kg

5@40kg

3@50kg

2x1@60kg

1@65kg

0@67,5kg

1@65kg

2@65kg not locked out lifts

1@62,5

5@60kg PB even tho Im not really recovered from my last session. Now Im going to take a week off from grip.

1xHold Til Failure@60kg

Fat gripz row

Left hand 3@41kg

Right hand 2@41kg

wristroller in rack 30kgx3 both ways and 1x@40kg

As I said, time to take a week off to recover and come back for some PRs.

Looking forward to a week of bw-training tho

Warmup; 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 reps on the pushup-handles.

10x10 explosive pushups with clap.

2xMax L-sits

I tried to do dragonflags but with 60cm thighs and 100kg bodyweight, that proved impossible.

2x6 abwheel

Great way to celebrate christmas!

Today I did my first real bw session for back.

Bodyweight 225lbs~102kg

Chinups, alittle wider than shoulder width palms forward: 5, 6, 5

Close grip pullups, palms towards my face; 4, 4, 4

3x1 static/negative chinups, alittle wider than shoulder width palms forward.

Descended slowly, stopping as much as I could as often as I could on the way down. Felt nice to do really slow negatives.

Tried EZ bicep curls but my forearms hurt from this, I can only do hammercurls or dumbellcurls for biceps.. :( I only got 10 reps @ 26kg, easy weight.

Loaded up the dumbell and did 3x6@21kg each arm. Man was I tired from the chin/pullups.

Reverse bicepscurl, palms down, 3x6@36kg

And then I did some rows with the EZ-bar 2x10@26kg, easy but I was so tired in my lats from chinnig that these rows gave me a pump :)

• Like 1

Warmup 2x10 with 8kg kettlebell (I dont have any heavier kettlebells........)

Handstand pushups; 6, 4, 5, 5. Better than last week.

Dips between 3 chairs; 30,22, 20.

Then press 1x40 reps each hand with the 8kg kettlebell, just for the hell of it.

Then 3x12 side lateral raises with the same kettlebell supersetted with purple band pull-aparts 3x20.

After that I tried my friends TRX and did some tricepwork.

Saturdays workout will be tomorrow instead cause my friend cant train on saturday and he really wanted to join in.

I thought that I'd do, 50 bw squats, 50situps, 50 walking lunges, 50 twisting situps, 50 bw squats and end the workout with 50-100 mountain climbers.

No rest if I can avoid it. :) I guess I can go without rest til the last bw squat set, There I'll propably have to rest. :P We'll see!

Warmup & training;

50 bw squats

50 crunches

50 walking lunges

50 twisted crunches

50 bw squats

50 mountain climbers

08:06 minutes and almost no rest at all. I took like 5-6 breaks and they were no longer than a couple of seconds.

Then I did one of the best gripper sessions in a long time. I fried my hands totally!

warmup:

5@coc1

2x3@coc1,5

2x1@coc2 like overcrushes almost, squeezed very hard when the handles touched.

Right hand:

5x1 explosive closes and 4-5 seconds overcrush@clamped coc3, clamped down to 21mm

Left hand: 1 attempt on my filed coc2,5 in a hoseclamp but it was (bad word filter)ing hard when it was filed so I did:

4x1@ filed coc2 instead, explosive mms close and overcrush 4-5 seconds.

Then I ended the workout with lighter mms close overcrushes for 4-5 seconds;

Right hand 1@coc2,5 and 1@coc2

Left hand 1@filed coc2 again and then 1@coc1,5

On many of the overcrushes I could hear and feel the handles knurling rub against each other.

Felt great today.

I ordered an unrated coc2,5 yesterday I think, cause my severly filed coc2,5 is alittle too much for my lefty. >_<

Im going to put the unfiled coc2,5 in the hoseclamp and try to smash it.

I hate that my left hand is so much weaker than my right

Warmup & training;

50 bw squats

50 crunches

50 walking lunges

50 twisted crunches

50 bw squats

50 mountain climbers

08:06 minutes and almost no rest at all. I took like 5-6 breaks and they were no longer than a couple of seconds.

Then I did one of the best gripper sessions in a long time. I fried my hands totally!

warmup:

5@coc1

2x3@coc1,5

2x1@coc2 like overcrushes almost, squeezed very hard when the handles touched.

Right hand:

5x1 explosive closes and 4-5 seconds overcrush@clamped coc3, clamped down to 21mm

Left hand: 1 attempt on my filed coc2,5 in a hoseclamp but it was (bad word filter)ing hard when it was filed so I did:

4x1@ filed coc2 instead, explosive mms close and overcrush 4-5 seconds.

Then I ended the workout with lighter mms close overcrushes for 4-5 seconds;

Right hand 1@coc2,5 and 1@coc2

Left hand 1@filed coc2 again and then 1@coc1,5

On many of the overcrushes I could hear and feel the handles knurling rub against each other.

Felt great today.

I ordered an unrated coc2,5 yesterday I think, cause my severly filed coc2,5 is alittle too much for my lefty. >_<

Im going to put the unfiled coc2,5 in the hoseclamp and try to smash it.

I hate that my left hand is so much weaker than my right

Good stuff man but remember to work on your set also in order to close big grippers mms.

• Like 1

Yeah, Im currently trying this every other week and every other week I do 3-5 attempts on a goalgripper + 3-5 closes on a submaxgripper overcrush. :)

Im going to increase the width by 2millimeters on the hoseclamped coc3 til next time, cause I shut it 4 of 5 times today :) a couple of them even said click :P

After reading this; http://web.archive.org/web/20080125113815/http://www.geocities.com/ltgodfrey/three.html

I've decided to start doing wide pinch after RT/thickbartraining.

I have no blockweights and they cost so damn much, but I have a 8kg kettlebell with flat smooth sides that I can pinch upside down.

I can add chains to the handle of the kettlebell since its too light.

2x10 regular pushups for small warmup with 50 mountain climbers in between sets.

Diamond pushups 1x25, Im too stiff in the upper body and my wrists hurt from that awkward position. :O

Regular pushups 1x30

Wide grip pushups: 1x30

Was supposed to do a set with elevated feet aswell, I felt totally off today. Tired and weak. FAWK!

A few weeks ago I did 60 pushups in one set with ease and now I could do half the ammount............................

Been eating and sleeping like shit. Might be it?

I really smashed myself last thursday aswell and I was alittle sore this morning still. That might also contribute.

Also supposed to do elevated L-Sits and try some planche.

I dont feel like trying after this letdown.

RT: all weights are without handle and loadingpin.

5@40kg

5@50kg

3@55kg

2xMax@62kg: 4 lefty PB, 3 righty PB - 1 full and 2 not fully locked out reps lefty, 2 full righty

1xMax@55kg: 8 and a half reps both hands. Might be a rep-PB on that weight. Dunno

8kg kettlebell pinch with 2x8,5kg chains attached to the handle;

2xWith the whole hand, trying to lift as high as possible.

2xWith the whole hand, holding high for as long as possible.

8kg kettlebell pinch with 1x8,5kg chain attached to the handle, trying to lift as high as possible and hold;

2xWith pinky/ringfinger

IM rubberband extensions.

Since I started doing bw training my wrists hurt more and more. Theres too much torque or pressure on them I think. Might have to start using pushuphandles all the time for a more neutral grip I think.

3x10 8kg kettlebell press for warmups, each arm.

Handstand pushups 100kg bw; 7, 7, 7!! I think I've been PR'ing every week since I started doing handstand pushups, so far. :)

Felt kinda easy, especially set two. Coulda done 8 reps that set if I had manned up but I thought that I'd save some in the tank for next week.

I must find boxes to have my hands on so I can increase the ROM. I have pushupshandles but they're too unstable for me to dare try to do a handstand on them.

Dips bw 100kg~220lbs: 2xNear max; 14, 12

The HS pushups are really taxing my triceps.

My best is 27 reps in dips with a body weight around 108kg.

Superset, no rest just alternating exercises;

Purple band pullaparts 3x30

11kg dumbell side lateral raise

3x10 each side

Looking forward to saturdays squat/core/gripper-workout :)!!!!!

Today I missed on the grippers but PRed in RT :)

Warmup

25 bodyweight squats

25 crunches

25 bodyweight squats

50 crunches

25 bodyweight squats

25 crunches

25 bodyweight squats

all done without rest

Grippers:

5@coc1, 2x3@coc1,5, 2x1@coc2

Right hand; 1@BB Elite, 1@GHP7 both missed

Left hand; 1@coc2,5 filed, 1@GHP6 both missed

felt tired like all hell, I hadnt recovered from last saturday when I brutalized the grippers :), so I stopped that workout there and tried my RT.

RT, weights are without loading pin and handle:

5@20kg

5@30kg

3@40kg

1 or 3 @50kg cant remember

1@55kg

1@60kg

1@62,5kg

1@65kg

1@67kg I weighed this and it was 69,6kg with pin and handle so I added another 0,5kg plate and I got air under it but I couldnt lock it out so it didnt count!

I almost got 70kg :S PR but not optimal :)

I looked back and the last two sessions with RT was shorter than normal with only 2 sets of maxreps @ a pretty heavy weight submax. This must be why I've gotten stronger since I tried maxing a couple of weeks ago. I'll stick to that way of training the RT. :)

• Like 1

I read on gripboard that some of the strong dudes sleep with gloves on. I hope it wasnt a joke cause im trying it tonight, hahaha

if it works and i feel better than i usually do the day after a grip session, im keeping em on at night

Benchpress; 10@45kg, 5@65 and 85, 1@105, 110 and 115kg, 6@100, 17@65kg

35 pushups

RT; 5@30, 40, 50, 3@55kg, 6@63kg lefty, 4@63kg righty Both PB!!!! ;))))

And when I was about to do my second work set the jew bitch mother (bad word filter)er neighbour started banging the cealing so I had to quit. Lucky them Im not the old me... :S

Today I did a practice workout with my 20kg kettlebell. Quickie!

12 swings

8 chins

10 swings

10 clean each arm

10 snatch each arm

1 min rest aprox and then repeat one more time.

Too light to swing, need 2 of em to make it a challenge.

My bad conditioning made me breathe my lungs out, almost.

This will be an exiting adventure!!!

Kettlebells ftw!!!

I read on gripboard that some of the strong dudes sleep with gloves on. I hope it wasnt a joke cause im trying it tonight, hahaha

if it works and i feel better than i usually do the day after a grip session, im keeping em on at night

Haha I've done that a few times when my hands felt trashed from bending. However I always wake up without them. I think as soon as I fall asleep my stupid body goes on auto pilot and immediately takes them off :getlost:

LoL, felt kinda awkward to have them on!

Still sleeping with gloves on hehe!

Yesterday i went to the gym and squatted a bit.

10 bw squats

10 empty bar

6@40kg, 60, 90kg

3@120kg

2@145 and 155kg easy, i could have done doubles on 170 too, didnt have time though...

Did some fast easy deads up to 180kg and them i did plate flips, 5 lefty 7 righty @15kg plate pb both

Fun n easy session

Some standing light militarypress 2-3 sets.

Handstand pushups facing the wall; 2x8 PB that way.

TodY i had a friend over for coffey and grippers and he spotted me so I did a set with handstands with my back to the wall; did 3 repsx1. Was fatigued from the two other sets but it was still harder than facing the wall. More chest involved when facing the wall.

Between sets I did abwheel. 2x10 PB and then I tried a third set but I was tired in the core and form started going down the drain and my back was feeling it so I stopped at 3 or 4 reps the third set.

Grippers;

5@coc1

3@coc1,5

3TNS@coc1,5

2x1@filed coc2

Right hand; coc3 hoseclamped to 23mm with overcrush when closed; 1,miss, 1, 1. 3 outta 4 attempts PB, will open the clamp 2 more mm next session.

Left hand; GHP6 hoseclamped to 20mm paralell, 4xMiss with cheatclose and overcrush, I will go down to 16-18mm somewhere next session.

Right hand OC filed coc2,5 10 sec x1

Left hand OC filed coc2 10 sec x1

Now some extension work with IM rubbers

Edited by NewGrippster

Ab wheel is hard! I want to practice it from standing up but I don't have the room for starting with an incline.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've heard that it might be dangerous for your back if you do it from standing. :)

First real kettlebell session ever;

6 lunges - 3 each leg, alternated

6 swings

6 goblet squats

6 lunges - 3 each leg, alternated

6 swings

6 goblet squats

two sets of this and I was done! 2-3 minutes rest between sets.

Done with 2x20kg bells and I (bad word filter)ing died for a moment. My lungs almost gave out!

Next week I'll add another round and I'll try to do it faster.

Round 1: 02:03 minutes

Round 2: 02:31 minutes

Rolling thunder;

5@30kg, 40kg, 50kg,

3@55kg

7@61kg lefty, 3@61kg righty

6@61kg lefty, 2@61kg righty

Kettlebell musta exhaused my arms, cause this wasnt very good of a RTsession.

8kg kettlebell pinch up side down with a 8kg chain attached to the handle;

2x1@whole hand

3x1@ring/pinky finger

Lifted as high as possible and tried to hold it for as long as possible.

Kettlebells are fun as all hell!

Im looking forward to getting a strong physiqe that can take punishment longer than 10 seconds.

Powerlifting got me strong for a few pulls and then I was fried and easy to beat down.

In 6 months I'll be more explosive and have the stamina of a horse hähähäh I hope

Edited by NewGrippster
  • Like 1

Today I know what "posterior chain" and I especially know where my ass is located.. Im going to eat a huge meal now and then rest an hour before I go to my second kettlebell session ever :)

Today I'l be doing snatches, cleans and maybe some pushpress. This is going to be fun as all fawk!

With a sore ass I did some sets of clean and jerk + snatches, a few bw squats and stretching for the upper and lower body.

3 rounds of this;

5 snatch right hand

5 snatch left hand

5 clean right hand

5 clean left hand x1 20kg kg

5 jerks with 2x20kg kettlebells

Little rest between sets, no rest during.

Got alittle winded but it was alright, I will add another round or more reps next week.

Tomorrow bw training and then 2 days off.

Saturday will be handstand pushups and core and grippers.

Edited by NewGrippster

Today I did a quick bw workout.

Had muscle fatigue from two days of kettlebelltraining, not sore but tired.

Did 3x6 chins, 5 pullups.

Did 2-3 sets of 10 clapping pushups.

1 set of side to side pushups or, didnt push up, I moved from side to side when lowered, did 12 "reps" of that with zero problem.

Did 1 set of 50 pushups.

Got home and now Im doing lots of heavy biceps.

Hammercurl and some dumbells.

Think I'll rest wednesday and train thursdays from now on. = I have to do handstand pushups on sundays.