Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bwwm

Kids And Heavy Metal

28 posts in this topic

For those into the whole meme thing, I made this on rage today:

gallery_21339_1351_141412.png

4 people like this

:laugh:mosher You are so lucky. My girl keeps asking me to play "girl music". What she means is chick pop music. Yeah, I don't get that radio station. :whistel

Man that's freaking awesome and gave me a good laugh. Way to go!

:laugh:mosher You are so lucky. My girl keeps asking me to play "girl music". What she means is chick pop music. Yeah, I don't get that radio station. :whistel

Ha ha! I've done that too - pretend to flip through the stations and not find the song/music they are asking for.

Man that's freaking awesome and gave me a good laugh. Way to go!

Glad it gave you a good laugh! It was a lot easier to make than I thought it would be.

Hahaha!

I've found I've always got something to disturb the little buggers. If Goatwhore doesn't do it the Adele or Neil Diamond will :D

I've found I've always got something to disturb the little buggers. If Goatwhore doesn't do it the Adele or Neil Diamond will :D

The sideburns alone are enough to scare anybody. Growing up in the 70's & early 80's, I had a healthy fear of Neil Diamond's sideburns.

2 people like this

The sideburns alone are enough to scare anybody. Growing up in the 70's & early 80's, I had a healthy fear of Neil Diamond's sideburns.

Sequins for me. I grew up in Rocky Mountain House. Everyone has sideburns :cool

1 person likes this

Sequins and sideburns. I laughed heartily at this.

1 person likes this

THE LOCUST!!!

1 person likes this

This used to be the only way to get my sons to fall asleep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hkwPs0tmsc

And it had to be on full blast. In the car, when they would start screaming from riding too long, the Slipknot would go in and I would crank it and every time they would fall asleep.

Now at 2 and a half, they love heavy metal. They run around with their toy guitars head banging and growling lyrics. Pretty funny!

I was sitting on the couch earlier today, and my 14 month old son was playing in his playpen. I decided to turn on some thrash metal (Exodus), and he loved it -- clapping, laughing, bouncing. When it went off, he looked at me like "well, come on!"

He wasn't much into Voivod, though.

1 person likes this

Now my son insists on RZ when we're in the car, and it's pissing off the wife. There's a lesson here about the law of unintended consequences. Then again, I think my life is paved with those lessons, and I still haven't haven't learned. :shuriken:

More kids need to listen to Electric Wizard, Xasthur, EYEHATEGOD, and Holocausto, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by Squat More

Haha...I could just imagine playing a Gate Through Bloodstained Mirrors for my boy.

have you seen the One Man Metal doc? pretty awesome.

Yeah I saw it, I think Menzes is a bit of a tryhard, while Scott and Jeff are just really that messed up. It offers legitimacy to their music, but also makes me pity them in a way. I am pretty sure Scott has "found love" and has a good woman in his life now which has helped him, I think it may also be the reason he quit Xasthur. I just ordered some Xasthur stuff he has been looking to get rid of via his Nocturnal Poisoning facebook page the other day, even a rare gold with blood dripping logo t-shirt.

Cool to see someone on the gboard that appreciates USBM. I take it A gate... is your favorite release? Nothing beats the self titled 2006 EP for me, Doomed by Howling Winds is just epic.

Funk. 70's era. The boy loves it. It's what I play to lift. Daughter thinks the boy & I are both nuts.

2 people like this

Yeah I saw it, I think Menzes is a bit of a tryhard, while Scott and Jeff are just really that messed up. It offers legitimacy to their music, but also makes me pity them in a way. I am pretty sure Scott has "found love" and has a good woman in his life now which has helped him, I think it may also be the reason he quit Xasthur. I just ordered some Xasthur stuff he has been looking to get rid of via his Nocturnal Poisoning facebook page the other day, even a rare gold with blood dripping logo t-shirt.

Cool to see someone on the gboard that appreciates USBM. I take it A gate... is your favorite release? Nothing beats the self titled 2006 EP for me, Doomed by Howling Winds is just epic.

I like that he was constantly reworking and building on "A Gate...", but as far as albums, I always go back to Nocturnal Poisoning and Telepathic with the Deceased the most.

and yes, Striborg is a joke. no business being mentioned in the same company as Whitehead or Conner.

Subliminal Genocide trumps most of his stuff as far as full lengths go, IMO.

Ever read the story on Whitehead and why he almost went to prison? I also found it strange/cool that he was the one on the cover of skate or die :grin:

yeah, the assault thing. messed up.

I always found Xasthur and Paysage d'Hiver to be the perfect music for the dead of winter.

You'd have to consider Goatmoon in that one, as well as early Darkthrone. Going for winter walks at night with Quintessence blasting through your earphones is the way to do it.

Yeah I forget how many )'s they use. Haha