The Gripmas Carol 2012

climber511

Good Luck to ALL this weekend. I hope there are a lot of PR's!

Thanks Chad - wish you could ave made it!

I wish I was able to compete this weekend because I would have definitely made the long derive there, but I'm buried in textbooks studying for finals. Good luck this weekend everyone. I look forward to seeing the results.

jedd

are you bringing blobzilla?

That's one of the things I was asking if people wanted. Should I bring it?

jedd

We could add it into the Medley if you want? Just one more thing I can't do :). Also Jedd - could you bring your laptop - Josh is coming and will keep score on his but he has to leave early enough that we might not be done - in which case we could use yours to finish up?

jedd

Yes, bring it

If anyone has any kind of item that is a good test of hand strength - bring it along - more toys equals more fun!

Guys,

I am sorry to say I won't be at Gripmas. Amazingly, yesterday as I was rushing out the door to a chriopractic appointment, a tune-up for the comp, I strained something in my forearm when I went to shut the light switch off.

I cant reach out and grab a cup of coffee without irritating it, so I don't think it would be safe to try to go all out in the events. I actually loaded my car with the Euro, Block Weights and other things last night, thinking it might just go away and while it didn't hurt when I was carrying those things, it certainly didn't feel all warm and fuzzy either.

Hopefully, someone else can bring a laptop to help Chris out. I was already planning on it buddy, so I would have brought it for sure.

Real sorry to have to cancel out Chris. I look forward to your contest all year. I was disappointed that you might not have it and when I heard that you were I was psyched. I hope you continue to have it, no matter what the format is.

Good luck to everyone and thanks again to Chris and T for putting it on as well as Brent and Maryanne for offering to put me up at their house for a night.

Jedder

interesting.

I've been having something like this over the last month or so. a very acute pain taht occurs for either no reason or a normal everyday action. I strained my right index finger brushing my teeth and for a day it was not usable it hurt so badly. next day fine.

this morning pushing the blankets off my wrist lit up. i don't have the strength to lift a coffee pot right now. I'm assuming it will clear up by tomorrow.

any one else get this?

jedd, if it is something I hope it clears up quickly and doesn't mess with your head too much.

That sucks. I have not experience that but other injuries that severely limit use for months at a time. Rest up and we wish you the best.

Chris, I will bring my laptop. It is a Mac, but I have all of our past grip comp scoresheets in it with excel, so I'm sure it will work fine. I will also have my full pinch setup minus the weight plates.

I talked to Jedd last night - he was not a happy man and was trying everything known to us to try and fix this. This is the kind of injury I get almost every time something happens to me. I almost never get hurt actually doing something you think would hurt me. I think I have become too old to sleep as I seemingly go to bed just fine and then wake up with an INJURY - how does this stuff happen? Jedd Johnson - National champion grip athlete gets hurt flipping a light switch - just doesn't make sense. Has been training hard - had taken the final week off to rest up - on the way to the chiro - the guy is doing it all right and "bang" - out of the blue it hits him. Jedder - I'm sorry - take care and heal up - and watch out for those nasty light switches :)

• Like 2

Matt Canon of Cannon PowerWorks is now offering one rated Gripper to what I am calling the "PowerWorks" winner. This will be like the old Diesel Award - voted on by the competitors. Thanks Matt!!!

• Like 2

Thanks for the suppor tguys. Right now it feels like whatever the muscle is just won't turn off. I have a TENS unit that I have been using and the region of my forearm feels 100% when I have it on. Feels ok for a while after I take it off, but if I swing my arm too much as I walk or reach too far with my forearm supinated, it lights right back up.

Weird.

Sorry to hear that Jedd, get well soon!

It's weird how injuries like that happen. I've had similar things happen a number of times, injuries caused by random everyday things, never by things I've done in training.

Jedd has very serious light switches in his house :).

This is one of the great mysteries of life, putting your hands through extreme training with seemingly no issues only to injure them while grabbing a cup of coffee or something similar. It happens all the time to me as well. These unexplained injuries do not seem to last long though and they often disappear with hard training I have noticed, ignoring the pain. It is all very strange.

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Lots worse things going on than a forearm injury. This will pass like everything else. Kick ass tomorrow everybody, and get lots of video. Looking forward to viewing.

Jedd

I was just thinking....

It's the night before Gripmas, and all through Chris Rice's house .... :santa:

I know what MS is saying I for about 3weeks now feel like there is a baseball in the popliteal area of my knee, I'm using motrin and be gay around the clock , including my tens when I have time. Guess what it always feels great I'm doin squats, but kills all the rest of the time? Go figure. Sorry about your arm Jedd, watch youll feel better the day after the contest, that's how it go down.

Chris I'm sorry I can't come this year, I didn't even ask the wife, I'm done with school but I'm only working per dium but I need the money for the kids so they have a better Christmass than they had been while I was in school. Good luck to everyone!

Parris

I'm using motrin and be gay around the clock

One hell of a typo.....haha. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

• Like 2

I'm using motrin and be gay around the clock

One hell of a typo.....haha. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

OMG , oops, that's the ipad for ya.

Hahahhahahahahahhaha

• Like 2

Good luck to all the competitors! Sorry about the arm Jedder. Heal quickly buddy!

Edited by Mike Rinderle