Grip Strength Radio

Jedd Johnson

Ah! Thanks for pointing that out. I'm sure it was mentioned to me at some point, and I probably forgot.

Hey, there's lots of stuff to remember, so no big deal.

Thanks, Dan! I can't emphasize enough how much ratings on iTunes, "likes" on Facebook, and comments on the website help us.

i love the podcast. i think it keeps me from getting speeding tickets because i want my commute to be a bit longer to continue listening. i have heard this before from other podcasters. i am curious how ratings and comments help you guys?

There is a lot to it. As far as iTunes is concerned, I will leave that to Doc because I have very little experience with that.

But sharing and social websites, especially Facebook likes and shares, are very important because it helps put the site in front of more people. By getting the site in front of more people, we are able to get the sport in front of more people.

Also, Google is rumored to take into consideration the "social reputation" of a website into its factoring when deciding which sites to present first in its search engine results. This too helps out the site a great deal.

Plus, what bar or coffee shop do you want to go into? The one where its so quiet you can hear crickets or the one that is packed with men and women laughing and having a good time, buying one another drinks, and swapping old stories. Most people will choose the one that is hopping because it seems like a better time. When a show/podcast has a lot of feedback like that, the same thing happens. People see something for the first time and see it has all these good ratings and they think, wow I should check that out.

The same thing will help out websites and blogs as well. I am always very thankful when I see that someone has Liked one of my posts at DieselCrew.com or shared it amongst their friends. It helps much more than most people realize.

Hopefully this make sense. Thanks.

Jedd

thx....i am so out of touch with that stuff being that i am not on either itunes or facebook, people wonder if i communicate via smoke signals.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 21 is in post production. Bob Lipinski was our guest. Look for the episode to be uploaded November 3, or thereabouts. 90 minutes of great conversation.

• Like 1

Awesome. I can't wait. I'm on episode 11 and working my way back from newest to oldest. You and Jedd are doing a great job! Thanks to both of you.

Uploaded to iTunes or to the website Nov 3rd? Either way, I can't wait! :sorcerer:

Nice chatting with Bob tonight. Lots of cool names from the past were touched upon as well.

iTunes actually just delivers the podcast from the website to you. If you are like me, you listen to 6 or 7 podcasts. All of which release episodes on different schedules. iTunes allows me to receive the new episodes without going to each individual website every few days looking for content. One of the things that ratings and reviews do for us on iTunes is to increase the priority that they give to delivering new episodes to our listeners. The more popular the podcast is, the more often iTunes checks for new content.

I will upload the podcast to the website on Nov. 3rd. iTunes will deliver it to subscribers sometime after that.

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 21 with Bob Lipinski is live on gripstrengthradio.com. Enjoy!

• Like 3

Really stoked you're going to have a West Sider (or former West Sider) on. I'm thinking of trying more of their methodology for my lifting.

It'd sure be great to get Heath on there, even if it's just to bs about the past.

• 4 weeks later...

I bit the bullet, and re-established my FB account, and liked grip strength radio on facebook. If I figure out how to use the iTunes, I will get that to like GSR as well.

• Like 3

Thanks Martin. I hated Facebook at first, but now I like it, because I can keep track of my buddies around the nation and world all at the same time by just sliding down the page. Don't have to navigate a forum.

Great episode! I really liked it. Was a surprising guest and alot of great info.

Doc, I have found an orbital buffer does weird stuff to the forearm. I've been making atlas stones lately and I use it to vibe the molds. Even though the hands feel beat after making a stone, I've been getting alot of PRs in the workout after making a stone. I also have to use an industrial viberator at work for some jobs and I've been trying to vibe the hands and arms with it when I turn it on. It feels like it flushes the tissues really well. I'm not sure if it really does anything but I think it helps recovery and is a decent prehab tool.

Just listened to JL on GSR - very good stuff - especially as he is coming to Gripmas, Can't wait to meet him and learn from him - sounds like he has a whole pile of his stuff together in regards to getting strong. Like has been said before - strong is strong - and he certainly is.

Great episode! I really liked it. Was a surprising guest and alot of great info.

Doc, I have found an orbital buffer does weird stuff to the forearm. I've been making atlas stones lately and I use it to vibe the molds. Even though the hands feel beat after making a stone, I've been getting alot of PRs in the workout after making a stone. I also have to use an industrial viberator at work for some jobs and I've been trying to vibe the hands and arms with it when I turn it on. It feels like it flushes the tissues really well. I'm not sure if it really does anything but I think it helps recovery and is a decent prehab tool.

I feel like Dave Morton once said that the best warm up for a PR is to go drive his 4-wheeler for a while. I'm sure it was the vibration he was talking about.

EDIT: Yuup, http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=3994entry36003

• Like 1

I feel like Dave Morton once said that the best warm up for a PR is to go drive his 4-wheeler for a while. I'm sure it was the vibration he was talking about.

EDIT: Yuup, http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=3994entry36003

When I worked on a farm last summer, most of what I did consisted of trimming fence lines with an industrial strength string trimmer. For 8 hours a day. At the end of the day I would lift, and I always felt fully warmed up, in my hands especially. Something about the vibration.

I think this is (kind of) the idea behind a Powerball as well. You can feel that gyroscope type resistance if you tip a string trimmer.

EDIT: Yuup, http://www.gripboard...994

When I worked on a farm last summer, most of what I did consisted of trimming fence lines with an industrial strength string trimmer. For 8 hours a day. At the end of the day I would lift, and I always felt fully warmed up, in my hands especially. Something about the vibration.

i always feel the most warmed up after i've worked in my garage or yard with my hands. digging, tilling, chopping wood, mechanical and woodwork all seem to get my hands firing on all cylinders without sapping my strength. i almost made a block of wood where i would drive screws in and out by hand as a way to mimic this for a warm up. i may just do it.

Edited by bubba29

• 2 weeks later...

Episode 23 with Kody Burns is up on gripstrengthradio.com!

http://gripstrengthradio.com/radio/radio-shows/episode-23-kody-burns/

We've got some exciting guests lined up for the next few episodes.