Fire Walk With Me 2

Jedd Johnson

The Epic grip workout looked like it was fun as hell...Crazy lifts going on too...Great vi

Yeah dude, awesome time. All the videos are here: http://www.dieselcrew.com/the-epic-grip-session

Thanks, Burkhard.

I don't remember the weights off the top of my head. But it seems to me that John Eatons is 176 to 178, the slick handled one, which is most difficult to lift seems like 175. James Fuller's was like 170, and my easiest one is 168/169. It's been through hell and has a couple chips missing, other than that, it's exactly how I got it from Rick Walker over a decade ago. The handle is on the rougher side, so that helps big time.

Thanks a lot for Your reply! Really interesting to know that those InchDBs are different. My IM InchDB has a rough handle - a least compared to the ones from Nathan Holle which are totally s

Handle surface plays a MUCH bigger role in the difficulty of an Inch Dumbbell than a few pounds. The slick handle makes it feel at least 15 to 20 pounds heavier.

Hopefully You're right - I would like to lift the IM InchDB. The only guy who ever lifted mine was Chad Woodall! But I let most people try the other dumbbells cause the IM Inch is pretty special to me. Chad did like it more than the others from the Holles - I believe because of the handle surface and because he was used to it. He told me that this dumbbell feels like his own so for him it was feeling good.

Here was the last video from the Epic Grip Workout - Axle Cleans

Top weight lifted was 245lbs. I was rusty as hell. John Stepien whooped me.

I've been lucky enough to obtain a Blue Blob. Richard Sorin confirmed that is what this ugly thing was. It was very tough to lift at first, but with a warm-up and some chalk, it came right up in the first training session with it. I even got some Face Lifts with it.

• Like 1

Here's a little challenge I came up with. Lifting 2 Blobs with a Cross-over Grip. Believe it or not, lifting them off the ground like this was pretty painful for my shoulders, especially my right AC joint. Once they were up, it wasn't very tough to move them. It would be interesting to see how many criss-crosses one could get.

I called it the Dude Love Lift, because it's kind of like the dance Dude Love (Mick Foley) used to do.

This past week, my Friday morning tough guys and I subjected ourselves to one of the toughest finishers we've ever done. Wasn't very tough on the grip, but the back/delt/triceps pump was pretty intense.

• Like 2

Great videos, Jedd! The blob comparison was very interesting! I believe the handle blob is for sure a fatman. It might look slimmer but the reason could be the black color - everthing in black looks smaller than it really is. Especially when compared directly its size is obvious. I have a 50 lbs blob which look new and at first I was sure it was a second gen. blob but its not - it's really fat!

Great job on the axle!! What technique change did You use to finally clean the 245 lbs?

Believe it or not, all I did was move the bar slightly further away from me when starting out, and it was much more efficient of a pull. Pretty much a straight line up.

Believe it or not, all I did was move the bar slightly further away from me when starting out, and it was much more efficient of a pull. Pretty much a straight line up.

I think nearly everyone involved in strength sports would be well advised to learn a little about properly executing the Olympic lifts from a few sessions with a good coach. I cringe sometimes when I watch Strongman for example.

I think nearly everyone involved in strength sports would be well advised to learn a little about properly executing the Olympic lifts from a few sessions with a good coach. I cringe sometimes when I watch Strongman for example.

No doubt. I've done sessions with Leo Totten, and Smitty was USAW certified for years. Unfortunately, it's been over a decade since I trained with either of them with consistency, and abandoned the Oly lifts longer ago than that, because of their complexity and mobility requirements.

Thanks Jedd, I'll have a try!

Wrist Wrench vs Rolling Thunder - a review video:

• Like 1

We finished a workout recently with a Grip Rush, just because they have worked so well. We each did 1 run with the 127lb Slater shot loadable bell, and 1 run with scale weights

Also, the Blue Blob ended up being a pretty easy lift. I even got it by the face, which I haven't tried doing very much at all in the last year or so...

Trying to hit as high of a 3-lift total as possible during the Cold Snap. Really attacking Axle. This weekend, I did several singles at 393 and 353 with chains.

Here's the singles:

Also, since my axle got so seasoned, it has always felt easier to lift than the other axles I encounter. Luke took some time to buff the rust off of it, for a better training scenario on Nationals. I'm happy with the numbers on it so far. I wasn't sure what to expect with not having the gritty surface on there.

Not surprised that you lifted your Blue blob, if the profile is similar to a next gen...Add it to the list of blobs wrecked by Jedd and luke...Nice work either way.

Killer axle work too brother...Strong...I see 400 in the near future no problem.

Not surprised that you lifted your Blue blob, if the profile is similar to a next gen...Add it to the list of blobs wrecked by Jedd and luke...Nice work either way.

Killer axle work too brother...Strong...I see 400 in the near future no problem.

Thanks. I got 400 and 408 last year, BUT not on my axle, and not at Nationals. Nationals is where it really counts.

• Like 1

Another part of my Axle Workout from the other day. 353 plus my big chains. 5 sets of 33 to lockout. Got triples on 4 out of 5 sets.

Luke hit a Concentration Curl with a Next Gen Blob the other day, then I gave him a rash for not controlling it all the way down.

• Like 3

Good work, Jedd and Luke!!

• Like 1

My hope is that Luke keeps growing and eats his way into the 105K class :). The guy just keeps getting stronger and stronger !!!

If he can figure out how to make Axle a pure wrist event, it's all over for us.

• Like 1

If he can figure out how to make Axle a pure wrist event, it's all over for us.

Have you checked his wrists out - can he get through airport security with the metal that must be in there?

• Like 1

Concentration blob curl!!!?? ......wow.....+1 on the iron wrist theory....

Concentration blob curl!!!?? ......wow.....+1 on the iron wrist theory....

Dude is sick.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Death Grip Bells turned out totally great. They are strong as can be too, as you'll see from me dropping them over and over and over.

• Like 2

Joel Dircks and Dave Ostlund challenged me to a 90 second Grip Rush with the Blob. Who am I to say no to those guys?

The next challenge was Inch and Blob lifted Simultaneously. Joel got 7, I think Juha got 5. I also got 5. I should have had at least 1 more, but I rushed my second attempt and it hurt my pace.

Luke also tried the thick-bar/Blob combo, using the 127lb Slater Bell and the Next Gen Blob

• Like 1

Great job, both of You!! Did Joel and Dave do this challenge also? How many reps did they do?

Not sure about Dave, but Joel got 7.

• Like 1

Lots of things to share here in the log.

First off, I was finally able to lift 400lbs on the Axle in competition here are my gym.  Luke and I cleaned all of the seasoning/rust off my axle shortly after Gripmas.  I truly feel that it was making my Axle feel easier than all the other ones.  Also, when I knew it was cleaned, I also knew I had to stop making excuses and just get stronger, so my Axle training the last 6 weeks or so has been very intense.  And it paid off.

Also, Joel Dircks and I came up with another challenge for one another, and I hope Dave Ostlund and Juha Harju are able to give it a run as well.  This time it's picking up and holding the Inch at the top for as long as possible and accumulating as much time at the top position as possible inside 90 seconds.  I was the first to go this time.