Best Grippers?

EyalZamir

hello guys i already have the heavy grippers and the size of them are really good in my small hands, but the

springs are very low quality and it wont last life time... anyway im looking to buy the best quality hand grippers...

i heard that the coc are the best but then i heard about the roberet baraban and ghp and beef builders... so wich ones are the best? :] thanks

GHP is the best for sure. You can get them from the gripper superstore link.

Manus is great too and have a narrow spread if you like that.

Ghp has a smoother knurling on the finger side and rougher knurling on the palm side. You really want this feature
:excl:

There spring consistency is good and the retention is about perfect.

The ends of the handles are rounded (keeps you from being pinched)

There are other things listed on the site but these are the important one.

im still not sure about that GHP cuz i didnt hear alot of it and about the coc i heard like from everyone... the most importent thing for me is the matrials quality

ghp's just came out, and they are a premium gripper, so the material quality is there. They will be on my Christmas list this year.

Ironmind grippers have been around for years and GHP just arrived in December 2011. I own both brands and you can't go wrong with either one, but if I had to just pick one....GHP for me.

im still not sure about that GHP cuz i didnt hear alot of it and about the coc i heard like from everyone... the most importent thing for me is the matrials quality

THe Ghp is new. THere is less information out there but trust me they are better. BTW Python grip is made in Isrial. I never used one but they seem nice.

Shipping rates gor GHP grippers at the Gripper Super Store.....

Quant Domestic Canada/Mexico International # of Packages 1-4 $5.50 $12.00 $14.00 1

I have to go GHP on this one as well, they are top quality all the way.

Wade is a great person to deal with also.

There is a good chance it doesn't matter; if you're hit by the grip bug you'll end up owning both brands before too long and probably some Beef Builders also.

Quality is impeccable of both GHP and CoC, but If I was going to recommend just one brand I'd give the edge to the CoC's on the basis that they are still the most well-known grippers out there (outside the GripBoard that is) and therefore the benchmark.

• Like 1

Crap, I need to own a GHP in the future :grin:

I have to say the CoC is fascinating to me. They are some of the best priced grippers as well. $19.95 will get you a world class gripper. I use all other grippers as stepping stones for the CoC grippers. That said, the GHP grippers seem to be much more consistant in difficulty. GHP grippers also have much tighter tolerances and will be right at 3" for a spread with the RGC numbers being very close from one GHP 7 to another GHP 7 for example. This of course applies to all their line. Personally, I don't care for 4 rings but hey some people do and it works for them. In conclusion: CoCs or GHPs.

-Jordan

We all know grippers because we own a bunch. We know Wade and some of us know Randy, Warren Tetting or Robert Baraban.

Either way you go you will have a quality item that will last a long time. You asked for an opinion on which grippers are the best and people are giving you their opinion. In my workouts I use BB's, RB's, HG's, CoC's and GHP's. The only one I don't care for is the HG but I use it because it fits what I need right now. Get whatever line of gripppers you feel confident in and rock on.

Heath makes a good point that this all about personal opinion.

I've used my HGs more than almost any other grippers. For the price they are awesome. Rough around the edges but there is no doubt you can get a good resistance workout from them. I also never felt bad about filing them and abusing them. I love BBs especially. Knurl is perfect in my opinion and they had more variety when I first started. Now IM has the ".5" grippers but I wish the knurl was sharper. My 1, 2, and 3 have gotten a TON of use. RB I've never cared for at all and have never been impressed with them. GHP is an excellent choice because I feel they are a perfect blend of what I love about IM and BB grippers.

I remember when RBs were absolutely positively considered the hottest grippers around. I remember when Beef Builders were considered the most reliable of all gripper brands. Then came the invention known as the RGC.

Veterans of Grip are going to have their opinions, strong ones at that, of why they like different grippers. Some of us go through phases on grippers. In my own case, I have been getting rid of grippers in recent years, and guys like to have an idea of what the particular strength level is of the gripper they are getting in advance, so everyone wins. Other people keep buying them and can't get enough.

I have only squeezed or touched one GHP gripper. Gripzilla had a GHP Level 7 at the LA Fit Expo about 5 months ago. Like IronMind or RB, it had a very attractive appearance. But what struck me was that it felt "Smooth" all the way through the stroke, like riding in a luxury car after riding in a middle-of-the-road car for years. My own decision to stick to IM grippers has to do with that is the basic language of grippers (1, 2, 3, 4, etc). Any more, I don't have the need that I previously did to always being able to close some particular level of gripper ("Oh boy! I closed an easy Elite, a RB260, an HG300, 5 different CoC #3s", etc).

If money was a factor, as in someone truly hurting for money to pay bills, I would say the GNC grippers at the store are the most economical way of having a good inexpensive training tool. But if you are a serious-but-broke grip nut, a few Captain of Crushes would be the best bet. If money was no object, and you liked having a full range of grippers but preferred to have quality products, it is going to be IM AND GHP.

It is interesting that Eyalzamir, withing 48 hours of joining the Forum, made a comment that people know Wade and were helping him to sell. Good observation. No question, it is human nature to help someone out who may appear to need it. Wade is brand new in the business of making grippers, is an outstanding gripster, gives excellent customer service, and is well-thought of by most of the members of the forum. IronMind has been kicking around for decades, and to people who know and like Wade, it would appear that IronMind would "not need the business". That is probably what you (Eyalzamir) observed.

I know this may sound strange, but what has really impressed me about IronMind is that the price of their grippers has only gone up $1 per gripper since I purchased my first one 13 years ago. During that time, the price of all metals has gone through the roof. During that time, the quality of their product has improved tremendously. It's not something that you see with very many businesses - - in the last 13 years, other than high tech gizmos, what manufactured goods can say the same thing - - less than a half of one percent annual price increase while delivering an improved product?

While I rave about the business side of things, that one GHP gripper that I squeezed...sure did feel smooth...

• Like 1

This is another one of those questions that can't really be answered because what each person likes may be somewhat different. Knurling varies from brand to brand and what I like may be just what you don't like. The short answer is to not obsess over it, buy a small range of grippers and get stronger with them - they will all work for that purpose. If or when you "get into" grippers - you may end up with some from each manufacturer. Most people keep searching for "tweeners" to make for a smooth progression, a sort of micro loading - which usually means models from different companies. You will form your own opinion over time I'm sure.

• Like 1

This is another one of those questions that can't really be answered because what each person likes may be somewhat different. Knurling varies from brand to brand and what I like may be just what you don't like. The short answer is to not obsess over it, buy a small range of grippers and get stronger with them - they will all work for that purpose. If or when you "get into" grippers - you may end up with some from each manufacturer. Most people keep searching for "tweeners" to make for a smooth progression, a sort of micro loading - which usually means models from different companies. You will form your own opinion over time I'm sure.

That sums it up as good as can be.

Anytime someone asked the question as to what's BEST I usually don't respond simply because

BEST is such a subjective term meaning different things to different people.

As someone that collects grippers (100's of them) I can say that I find attractive features for each

brand whether it's appearance, cost, quality materials, solid construction, consistent spring ratings,

handle spreads and on and on...

Look at it like this. What if you was blind and couldn't see? Would this change some of our dogmatic opinions?

I think so! There's nothing wrong with finding faults in a product if you're pointing it out to help/suggest to the maker

to better his products. The first thing I do when evaluating a gripper (or any product) is to find positive qualities

first and then the not so positive and go from there. There's many times when an individual with a little imagination can

turn what appears to be a negative quality into a positive quality. For example, the cheaper brand Heavy Grips can be looked at as a way to experiment with altering grippers without worrying about ruining a nice gripper. Handles can be

removed and shortened for 2 finger training. Filing down for BTR training and much more as your imagination can think of.

One thing I can say concerning the people here at the GB that sell hand grippers is that my experiences with all of them

have been very positive and a pleasure to deal with. I've dealt with Randy Strossen for years and to this day I have not had one bad experience or a faulty product. Same can be said with Wade and Manus Grip as well with the exception of that they have not been in business as long as Randy has with IM.

Hats off to these guys for all the positive things they've done for Grip and Grippers!!! :bow

Without them where do you think we would be??? ;)