Race To The Red Nail

Chez

So I decided to start this thread since I thought it would be nice motivation for myself and the other guys who are chasing the red nail. If your chasing the red, post videos in this thread of your progress. Let the fun begin!

Well I got the red nail a year ago but my out of bending shape butt cant do it now. Can I be in the race anyway?

What type of wraps are allowed in your race?

definitely Rich, The ultimate goal is the ironmind cert. I wanna keep going till I get it. Even if everyone thinks this thread is lame and I'm the only one posting :). I need a new project like the #3. Other wraps can be used to show progress though. I only have ironmind ones though.

Well im in then. I have never goten it with IM pads. It will be tough!

• Like 1

Can any body in the race do a G5 in IM pads? I know you murdered the blue Chez. Im assuming you can.

I bought my first bending stock last week and bent both the white and green nails no problem. Monday I should have my yellow, blue, and red nails. I can't wait to crush a yellow and see what the blue has in store for me. Bending is hardcore.

Can i join the race? Because of the nature of my work i travdl a lot and have long office hours sitting i train on and off. But i do train. My goal is the Red nail cert by june this year. Should get it by that time if not then ill be stopping training for like 27 days and return. This will harm my strength. I have been bending lots of 60ds in everyway to build hand toughness in IM pads. Did once or twice a g5. Will train today too with a bit more serious steel lets see where am i. Dont expect lots of videos unless its the harder steel type (i already have videos on my youtube account gripalawadhi, you see me bend a lot). So can i join?

Can i join the race? Because of the nature of my work i travdl a lot and have long office hours sitting i train on and off. But i do train. My goal is the Red nail cert by june this year. Should get it by that time if not then ill be stopping training for like 27 days and return. This will harm my strength. I have been bending lots of 60ds in everyway to build hand toughness in IM pads. Did once or twice a g5. Will train today too with a bit more serious steel lets see where am i. Dont expect lots of videos unless its the harder steel type (i already have videos on my youtube account gripalawadhi, you see me bend a lot). So can i join?

Of course you can, lets get it done. I have some grade 5 bolts that just came in the mail. I have a lot of school work this weekend but I'm going to give it shot Monday in IM pads. been pretty sore from general workout so I haven't given them my best shot yet.

Edited by Chez

Good luck guys!

(null)

Thanks for the good wishes but you sent it on your Iphone so it got nullified (NULL)

Ok did a bending session. Was pretty good actually. All bends in IM pads. Warm ups, 7 easy 60d nails, big g2 attempt failed (mini kink), took another big g2 bent very fast, g8 bolt in 2 min, 70d in under one min (loved it!) (i always seemed to be better at 7" than 6"), another 70d but mini kick (these bastards varies a lot), bastard attempt only kink, fbbc 1/4 sq 7" bent in 10 sec, finally 70d again bent in 4 min or so. I seem to have problem with the kink though. Too much. Cant seem to transfer too much power, once its kinked i can bend it easily. Hands beated up and forefingers even more! Then cooled down with three easy 60ds. Then did some work with 12lb sledge and wrist curls/and reverse curls. Time to rest.

Of course I'm in Chez! I guess I'll re-post my G8 kink to get things started. Matrix needs to get in on this!

Can't wait to see everyone's progress towards the Red! Let's smash some steel! :rock

Edited by Idiedintothe

Ok did a bending session. Was pretty good actually. All bends in IM pads. Warm ups, 7 easy 60d nails, big g2 attempt failed (mini kink), took another big g2 bent very fast, g8 bolt in 2 min, 70d in under one min (loved it!) (i always seemed to be better at 7" than 6"), another 70d but mini kick (these bastards varies a lot), bastard attempt only kink, fbbc 1/4 sq 7" bent in 10 sec, finally 70d again bent in 4 min or so. I seem to have problem with the kink though. Too much. Cant seem to transfer too much power, once its kinked i can bend it easily. Hands beated up and forefingers even more! Then cooled down with three easy 60ds. Then did some work with 12lb sledge and wrist curls/and reverse curls. Time to rest.

What? This an insane workout! You should be smashing the Red already with workouts like these! What's stopping you?

Honestly, I'm baffled. This is as much steel as I bend in three weeks.

Are the big G2's you're bending a 5/16" x 6" stock? If so I think I may have procured a couple today. Are you bending the square stock on the flat side or on a corner?

You are a machine sir! :cool

Edited by Idiedintothe
  • Like 1

Can any body in the race do a G5 in IM pads? I know you murdered the blue Chez. Im assuming you can.

I'm sure I can. I need to get my pads back from a friend to prove it though.

I was always good in bending. When i can bend the 70d or the bastard in under 10 sec then i am ready for a red cert (just to make sure i do it easily). My form doesnt seem to fit for now but hopefully i'll learn again on how to put my full force through the kink. If you noticed i couldnt bend one 70d and one bastard. Maybe due to form?!

Haha yes i have been known to bend a lot. But i injured my pointer finger little but with some ice it'll be healed in a day.

Yes the big G2 is the 5/16 in 6". Some are easy some are hard. And i bent the fbbc sq on the corner. Yes it's easeir that way but it's not like i want to that way. It just goes and since i am using ironmind pads it's annoying to rewrap the steel. I dont like to rewrap.

If your interested in bending you can always check my old log here on the bending forum. It's in the workout section topic called bending. Also my youtube i have some decent bends that i used to do in the past as i am a fbbc shiny bender, grand bastard, huge hex,...etc. My youtube account is gripalawadhi

• Like 1

Craziness. Well your workout is very inspiring. I think I'll give the 70D I have a shot next workout.

The square is hard to stick on the flat. It seems to favor rolling to the corner, which is I agree is annoying. I'll give that big G2 a shot as well.

I'll give your channel a look.

• Like 1

Just saw your video. You seem to chest crush it too early. That's the sweep part of the bend. You should not crush it by then. Continue the way started the bend. Continue as in NOW go reattempt the bolt. Hold it with all your might with both hands (TIGH grip) and bend it even more. Then when it moves keep holding it with your dominant hand (most of us are right handed) and the non dominant hand use an open palm (like chest crushing). Of course all this shouldnt be done with strength alone but strength AND explosiveness. Then when its bend more chest crush it. Again with strength and explosiveness (always be careful to use explosiveness on the initial kink you might hurt yourself). Of course the more you bend it, its better to get the wraps down more (as if going outside the steel not the opposite way). And then report back!

Thanks for the compliment! I hope i am inspiring enough. Soon with dedicated training you will bend a Red!!!

Edited by Alawadhi

Great good on your last workout Alawadhi. I'm in end of the semester hell right now so it might be a few days before I hit bending. Keep it up guys. As soon as things die down I'm joining you.

I'm in there like swim wear! let's get this race started! I think we should have like checkpoints along the way what do you guys think?

Checkpoints:

Blue

G5

G8

Finish:

Red

Add in more if you can think of good stock in between some of these.

• Like 1

I'm in there like swim wear! let's get this race started! I think we should have like checkpoints along the way what do you guys think?

Checkpoints:

Blue

G5

G8

Finish:

Red

Okay, I have to ask the big question. What are G5 and G8? Are they from FBBC, or are they from the hardware store? Bolt or nail?

I will have the yellow, blue, and red nails tomorrow, but not sure about where to get the other ones..

Checkpoints:

Blue

G5

G8

Finish:

Red

Okay, I have to ask the big question. What are G5 and G8? Are they from FBBC, or are they from the hardware store? Bolt or nail?

I will have the yellow, blue, and red nails tomorrow, but not sure about where to get the other ones..

They are bolts. Grade 5 1/4 inch x 6 inch and Grade 8 1/4 inch x 6 inch. People buy them to bridge the gap between the blue and red nails. I ordered some grade 5's online and got them a couple days ago.

Checkpoints:

Blue

G5

G8

Finish:

Red

They are bolts. Grade 5 1/4 inch x 6 inch and Grade 8 1/4 inch x 6 inch. People buy them to bridge the gap between the blue and red nails. I ordered some grade 5's online and got them a couple days ago.

When I goto the hardware store, is it a common thing to ask for or is there a variety of those G5s and 8s?

I had trouble finding them 6 inches long locally. My local stores only carried 4 inch length. But if you ask for 1/4 inch thick, 6 inch long grade 5 bolts they will know what you are talking about.