Noob Race To C.o.c. 2.5!

Electron

Well, the other thing I don't know is when Wade compiles the numbers, is how many of a particular gripper are seasoned, oiled, stomped, etc. vs "pristine" right of the box. I would guess after a year or two of closing a 2.5, it will drop a few pounds, maybe more.

I dont understand why everyone makes such a huge deal about a few pounds. I mean... how long does it really take to put 10lbs on your crush grip? 1... MAYBE 2 months?

I personally, don't see it as a big deal for training purposes, but it helps to know where you are. This way, when you come into a comp you can do a better job planning the attempts. 8 to 10lbs RGC can make the difference between a solid close and missing the close by 3/8".

I dont understand why everyone makes such a huge deal about a few pounds. I mean... how long does it really take to put 10lbs on your crush grip? 1... MAYBE 2 months?

Think the deal is that the 10#s could be the difference between getting it and not. Not to mention 10#s RGC is 20 in the gripper rating measured at the middle.

It'd be good to have a crush grip that would disintegrate rocks and close any and every gripper though.

The Cains Maximus was supposedly able to squeeze stones into powder with his fingers.

Probably bs but I wouldn't mess.

I think that after closing the 2.5 then I'm goign to take time off of crush to further strengthen my tendons.

I don't know much about injuries but I'm starting to get a pain below my elbows after I do grip work... Is this the fabled elbow tendonitis?

I try to when I'm not doing grip. I just use my other hand as resistance, but don't do too much.

I have no idea. Mine gets irritated from time to time. I just bang out sets of 50 pulldowns on a weak cable to flush it with blood.

It could also be a lack of rotational wrist strength like supination and pronation because the wrist is connected to the elbow.

Is it too late to join this thread while I try for the #2.5? I just received my #2 and #2.5 in the mail today and found that I can MMS the #2, along with being able to move the #2.5 a few millimeters from a parallel choker.

Is it too late to join this thread while I try for the #2.5? I just received my #2 and #2.5 in the mail today and found that I can MMS the #2, along with being able to move the #2.5 a few millimeters from a parallel choker.

DO IT

As for my elbow pain, since I don't know what it is, I'm gonna take it easy for a week and then come back and work out my forearms in a more balanced way.

It sounds like the evil has spread to your elbow... time to lop it off and replace it with a chainsaw... evil dead style.

Depends on where you're at in terms of crush strength. If you're talking going from a 110lb average #2 to a 120lb gripper then it shouldn't take too long. But if you're talking going from a 185lb #3.5 to a 195lb gripper it could take forever. In other words it's unlikely someone can move up 10lbs from the 185lb range without sustaining either an injury, losing focus, losing willpower, or just plain quitting because the progress is so slow.

Ah gotcha. Do you think that is the genetic ceiling but near it for most people on crush then?

Ah gotcha. Do you think that is the genetic ceiling but near it for most people on crush then?

That's hard to say. Genetic ceiling might be higher but not for the average guy. An average guy might hit the high 150s or low 160s and then either from a lack of patience or drive he stops training and goes to another goal.

What if someone has ridiculous tendon strength in the hands... like fingertip pushups on one finger ridiculous. Do you think that they would be able to climb a much higher ladder?

Probably, unless they have naturally weak muscles or no attention span for training.

Last night, after a week off from training bc of elbow pains, I picked up my grippers and felt stronger than ever!

I did a warm up, and before my work out, I pulled out my harder (maybe 1-2 lbs harder than the other) and closed it from parallel.

Resting did me good. I'm halfway to the 2.5

congratulations on the close man ... still don't go overboard. Sometimes it's actually better to fall back on intensity. As trite as it sounds, listen to your body, which seems like you're already doing a good job of :).

I'm still on my "lay-off"... actually it's because final exams are killing me.

congratulations on the close man ... still don't go overboard. Sometimes it's actually better to fall back on intensity. As trite as it sounds, listen to your body, which seems like you're already doing a good job of :).

You've got finals this year?! Wow, best of luck, i'm in my second year atm and really not looking forward to finals next year...

You've got finals this year?! Wow, best of luck, i'm in my second year atm and really not looking forward to finals next year...

Hellswindstaff, thanks brother. I'll listen to my body so I can get this 2.5 closed soon!

Patrick, you don't have finals every semester?