Curl War 3: The Peoples' Dietitian Vs. The Diesel Crew

jad

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT A Minute. I'm just now noticing this. Strict Dumbbell Bicep Curls and Wrestling Promo Smack Talking...........And nobody mentioned this to the Wrestler with 23" Pythons? The guy who does Strict Barbell Curls with 135+ on a 7ft straight bar for reps. The guy who is nicknamed "The Monster" by 5 different wrestling federations. The guy who gets in front of hundred and hundreds of fans every weekend and talks smack. One of the stars of the Documentary "Fake it So real", soon to be released on DVD. I hope anyway, it's been in festivals for almost a year, I know this stuff takes time, but this is a little ridiculus.

Anyway back to business, so now it seems Mr. PITTisKING, better known as The Monster PITT himself has stumbled upon this, and it make him go Hmmmmm. Now He's done sets with a 100lb dumbell before, but those were only maybe 4 reps, and no where near strict, However this make him go Hmmmmmm. how much can He can strict? Very Strict. So he'll have to find out.

So I'll tell you what, if you guys running around here are looking for another combatant in this Bicep Curl Royal Rumble, then I'm in. I'll go home see how it goes and I'll post a video. It might not be tonight, it might not be tomorrow, it might actually have to wait until next friday when I work my biceps again, cause I kinda sold my plate loadable dumbbell handles I had at my house. But Anyway, know this: It's Coming. The Monster PITT is coming to the Gun Show.

Edited by PITTisKING

That video was awesome bro.

Not sure how many people realize this...during those vignettes, Mr. Perfect and Wade Boggs got to be really good friends. They ended up going on a lot of hunting and fishing trips together and were friends for years. On one trip, Boggs tried stepping over a barb wire fence , got hung up, and cut open his leg severely. Hennig (Perfect) picked Boggs up on shoulder and carried him back to the truck and took him to the hospital. I think Boggs was still playing baseball at the time and he would have pretty much died in the Woods if it hadn't been for Hennig being able to carry him back. Just goes to show you how important it could be that we all train as hard as we do, being able to save someone's life like that.

Keep up the curling. I had to stop because I got some nasty irritation from training the Gripmas Hammer Set-up, but I will egt back into it. Curling power never leaves these guns.

I actually heard this story firsthand from Amy. It was cool listening to her tell it. I've approached her and her boyfriend about shooting some Curl War III promos and they're down. I just need to grab an adjustable db from John's house and find a day when we're all three off work. Apparently Amy LOVES shooting promos so I'm excited to see what she'll throw out.

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT A Minute. I'm just now noticing this. Strict Dumbbell Bicep Curls and Wrestling Promo Smack Talking...........And nobody mentioned this to the Wrestler with 23" Pythons? The guy who does Strict Barbell Curls with 135+ on a 7ft straight bar for reps. The guy who is nicknamed "The Monster" by 5 different wrestling federations. The guy who gets in front of hundred and hundreds of fans every weekend and talks smack. One of the stars of the Documentary "Fake it So real", soon to be released on DVD. I hope anyway, it's been in festivals for almost a year, I know this stuff takes time, but this is a little ridiculus.

Anyway back to business, so now it seems Mr. PITTisKING, better known as The Monster PITT himself has stumbled upon this, and it make him go Hmmmmm. Now He's done sets with a 100lb dumbell before, but those were only maybe 4 reps, and no where near strict, However this make him go Hmmmmmm. how much can He can strict? Very Strict. So he'll have to find out.

So I'll tell you what, if you guys running around here are looking for another combatant in this Bicep Curl Royal Rumble, then I'm in. I'll go home see how it goes and I'll post a video. It might not be tonight, it might not be tomorrow, it might actually have to wait until next friday when I work my biceps again, cause I kinda sold my plate loadable dumbbell handles I had at my house. But Anyway, know this: It's Coming. The Monster PITT is coming to the Gun Show.

Bring the pain Mr. PITT!

Edited by jad

• 1 month later...

Giving this is a shot when I get to the gym (hopefully tomorrow)... Will try to get some people involved as well!

PS* Rob, you are an absolute animal!

• 7 months later...

There has been a long drought in the Curl War 3 Challenge. Many have said they would try but all we heard was crickets.

Well, enough of the resounding silence - it's time to bring the NOISE.

Josh got one that was in the high 86's, low 87's:

I hit one right at 84:

Who's next?

Kevin Levrone curled 100 lb dumbbells for reps in a manner pretty close to what Rob did. He probably could have done one rep strict enough to pass this.

Someone posted it on the NE board and it kind of got overlooked.

Is it just me or do others find it funny that he belted up to do curls?

Went downstairs and gave it a shot. Managed 66 (hex 61+Magweight) with zero rock.

I'm a long way away, but I'll start training for it now (add that to the ever growing list of goals sheesh).

I'll start sending in youtube links when I hit 70's.

This sounds like fun.

No problem. I haven't tried a big curl in a while, although I have been testing out a lot of movements and hitting the biceps hard, so I was happy to see some improvement without working the exact movement. I saw your recent videos and decided to give it a try again.

One thing I noticed right away. The movement is a lot easier if you use a fixed dumbbell rather than something with spinning weights. I failed on my 85's which are super loose, but had much more luck with 84, which was a regular dumbbell with weights added via magnets.

• 2 weeks later...

I am coming after you Mr. Dietician! 85.5 lbs.

Went downstairs and gave it a shot. Managed 66 (hex 61+Magweight) with zero rock.

I'm a long way away, but I'll start training for it now (add that to the ever growing list of goals sheesh).

I'll start sending in youtube links when I hit 70's.

This sounds like fun.

Also, 9-feet tall your limbs are a lot longer than ours, so it might take a couple more days to get to 70's. Either way, looking forward to your videos.

• Like 1

I am coming after you Mr. Dietician! 85.5 lbs.

Nice one!

Also, 9-feet tall your limbs are a lot longer than ours, so it might take a couple more days to get to 70's. Either way, looking forward to your videos.

Lol. You are just unused to anyone being taller than you. What are you like...6'2"?

I tried today and could barely do 61lbs. I think I'm a bit torn down/overtrained at the moment...but I am starting to bulk up a little (warning :) ).

I'm setting a goal for 74lbs by Thanksgiving (at will...torn down or not). If I manage that, the new goal will be 85lbs by St. Patty's Day.

You better have put some more distance between us by then. ;)

I think those are reasonable goals.

If anybody thinks heavy curls are unnecessary, I will point out that since increasing the drills I have been doing for biceps, my Pull-ups have really increased well.

I do a ladder with my buddy Kyle when he comes where we go one after the other in Pull-ups: Jedd1, Kyle 1, Jedd 2, Kyle 2 - all the way up to 5 with almost no rest in between. The first week I needed assistance from him to finish off my set of 3 4 and 5. The last time we did them, I only needed assistance on my last rep at 4 and last rep at 5. Pretty good carryover.

Also, I am seeing very good improvement in my Rogue Dog Pone Pull-up as well.

Jedd

This guy wins. Perfect form and range of motion also.

Let Him Work!

Let Him Work!

I actually work out with Cliff sometimes. We go to the same gym. Dude is a character, no doubt about it, but he's actually a really cool guy.

Let Him Work!

I actually work out with Cliff sometimes. We go to the same gym. Dude is a character, no doubt about it, but he's actually a really cool guy.

ya, I know hes totally joking. He made a lot videos like this all on April 1st (April Fool's Day). I got a good laugh out of them.

These videos along with others make me miss www.irongame.com

There used to be some videos of guys doing 100 lbs preacher curls, 130 lbs lateral raises, bunch of stuff.

Ugh...now, my eyes are watering up.

These videos along with others make me miss www.irongame.com

There used to be some videos of guys doing 100 lbs preacher curls, 130 lbs lateral raises, bunch of stuff.

Ugh...now, my eyes are watering up.

What vids are making your ''eyes water up''? The actual curl war submitions? For example Jedd's vid above of a strict 85.5? Or do you mean the Cliff video that was posted here as a joke? Either way just upload a vid of your best strict standing one arm curl and post it here.

I think he's saying his eyes are watering because he misses that site.

lulz Maybe I should be out of bed for at least an hour or so before I go acting like a keyboard warrior. gm1swm ignore my last post... unless you're a Cliff hater then I will fight you!!! :upsidedwn

lulz Maybe I should be out of bed for at least an hour or so before I go acting like a keyboard warrior. gm1swm ignore my last post... unless you're a Cliff hater then I will fight you!!! :upsidedwn

I'm not a Cliff hater at all...I actually thought this was a legitimate video when I first saw it about a year ago. I know a few arm wrestlers do curls like that to practice catching their opponent...then I realized it was an April fools video.

I'm not a Cliff hater at all...I actually thought this was a legitimate video when I first saw it about a year ago. I know a few arm wrestlers do curls like that to practice catching their opponent...then I realized it was an April fools video.

.........That is legitimate curling, though different than Jedd's huge curl. Many top arm wrestlers do them, and I have noted mucho strength gains from them.

I'll join in. Someone needs to bring up the rear.

I've been doing curls for a month now about every 4 days. Most days are random since I'm just getting a feel for bicep stuff and the reason for doing curls has just been injury prevention. As a baseline I could do 55 strict RH. Yesterday I did 60 pretty easy both hands. Tried 65 LH and failed. Didn't try RH because the arm started to hurt a little. Normally I'm 5# stonger RH. Either way, not impressive but I consider it a success since I don't own a pair of biceps. Maybe some day.

• Like 1

I've been doing curls for a month now about every 4 days. Most days are random since I'm just getting a feel for bicep stuff and the reason for doing curls has just been injury prevention. As a baseline I could do 55 strict RH. Yesterday I did 60 pretty easy both hands. Tried 65 LH and failed. Didn't try RH because the arm started to hurt a little. Normally I'm 5# stonger RH. Either way, not impressive but I consider it a success since I don't own a pair of biceps. Maybe some day.

Video, or it didn't happen!

Video, or it didn't happen!

:trout Crap. I knew that 60# curl vid would get called out. :whistel

Edited by daniel reinard

Good stuff dude. I have been slowly increasing my training weight since I haven't gone super heavy in a while but I'll give it a shot next back and bicep day probably this Sunday to see where I stand. I'm going to be hitting it heavy again to see what I can get up to.