Road To Coc#4 - Time To Get This Done!

Paul Savage

Yesterday got level 20 to 1-2mm, becca the same with level 11. I managed 42.9kg each hand on the ironmind blockbuster pinch, becca managed 28.15kg (slightly above elizabeths world record) and very nearly 29.15kg. We then did stiff leg deadlifts with fat gripz extreme, fat gripz, and thumbless on a thickbar, me to 150kg x 10, becca 90kg x 8. Lastly we did meat hook holds just lifting off the rack. Becca did to 150kg, I did to 240kg (5 second hold).

Getting a lot if tendon pain in my arm, if not I think level 20 would have been done already but doing what I can.

On Monday I managed to get 44.15kg 3-4 inch up a couple times with each hand on the ironmind blockbuster, also did 200kg thumbless thickbar lift with 5 second hold and same with 250kg meat hook. Didn't do vulcan, trying to heal up my arm. Becca unfortunately injured her back doing some good mornings last week and still not better so she wasnt able to train. Will possibly getting her doing an at home grip workout with coc grippers, titan telegraph and levers.

• 2 weeks later...

Managed 260kg meat hook last training session, didn't manage too much else, did holds on pinch and rep work on thickbar plus a bunch of towel grip back assistance work.

Had a better session yesterday. Switched things up to do more single hand work so did meat hook single handed on a loading pin, also rolling handle work with fat gripz. Managed 44.15kg on blockbuster pinch and 140kg plus loading pin and handle on meat hook. Meat hook coming on well session by session. Got videos but they arnt very clear, didn't have becca to film and camera hasn't took light well so will leave uploading them.

Hey Paul, new follower to your log, skimmed through a bit, and looking forward to following along more here, but wanted to know what the current status is for your grippers? Are you still after the goal?

Take care! 

On 25/12/2016 at 1:23 AM, pburke23 said:

Hey Paul, new follower to your log, skimmed through a bit, and looking forward to following along more here, but wanted to know what the current status is for your grippers? Are you still after the goal?

Take care! 

Hey, I am but probably going to be doing European grip championships, worlds strongest hands and king Kong international comps next year so it's not really a focus at the moment. I've found that just doing grippers is not enough to do the #4 CCS and I need to be strong at other events to have a shot so it's still working towards it. I will be attempting a level 20 Vulcan ccs on Saturday but is coming back off maybe a month of not training it due to pain in crook of arm so will have to see how it goes.

• Like 1

Yesterday did level 20 CCS Vulcan, not the best card insert but was plenty wide enough so I'll take it for a training close (didn't insert it straight). Also managed 45.4kg ironmind blockbuster lift. Again this wasnt the best of lifts, dodgy lockout but although it was a much worse lift it is equal to the current world record in weight so good at this point. Did more rolling handle work and other things too. Becca got back to proper back and grip training after injury yesterday as well, 22.9kg x 6/6 ironmind blockbuster, fat gripz extreme rolling handle +37.5kg x 6. Misses at level 11 Vulcan CCS.

Right quick year in review for 2016..

Really positive year, got to the biggest and strongest I've ever been this year and took my grip to that next level. Has definitely helped training with Becca, I've kept my foot firmly on the gas for several months now but I've also used my experience well to back off or stop certain things if in pain and everything has came together perfectly to finish the year on a high. Things are looking good for #4 ccs, now 3 levels above Paul knights world record on the Vulcan and on the crom spring CCS is tough. This level is also into the #4 category on Davids rating guide so its definitely there or there abouts. However, my focus is not for #4 CCS right now its for comps and the CCS is more of a build up to 20mm block close which I want to get the world record in at Europe's next year. Also want to get the ironmind blockbuster, meat hook and silver bullet records at europes and all is looking good for these. Feel like I'm getting more well rounded and better all around. Really positive year, on to 2017 :)

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

build up to 20mm block close which I want to get the world record in at Europe's next year. Also want to get the ironmind blockbuster, meat hook and silver bullet records at europes  :)

Paul, you are training for 20 mm block? To set a world record in the silver bullet? Or do you want to set the records both places - 20 mm block and SB? And what kind of tournament - Europe, on which you want to show the world record?

9 hours ago, Anemptybox said:

Awesome! Would be cool to see a CoC 4 CCS attempt on video in the future, and also some high level GHP stuff.

Possibly will do soon but need to plan out training and see if there's enough time. Was thinking Becca goes to level 12 and I to level 21-22 with CCS an then we attempt #2.5 and #4 CCS before training Vulcan 20mm block.

7 hours ago, Kashtan said:

Paul, you are training for 20 mm block? To set a world record in the silver bullet? Or do you want to set the records both places - 20 mm block and SB? And what kind of tournament - Europe, on which you want to show the world record?

Both and meat hook and ironmind pinch block. European grip championships in Norway this may. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

Both and meat hook and ironmind pinch block. European grip championships in Norway this may. 

Thanks Paul.

20 mm block you mean close - most strongest RGC gripper (WR Andrew Durniat 206.6 RGC or 93.71 kilos) , or most number reps on CoC#4, 3.5, 3, 2.5 from raitings of David Horne or what you mean?

49 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Thanks Paul.

20 mm block you mean close - most strongest RGC gripper (WR Andrew Durniat 206.6 RGC or 93.71 kilos) , or most number reps on CoC#4, 3.5, 3, 2.5 from raitings of David Horne or what you mean?

I mean the Vulcan gripper 20mm block close, is one of the events at Europe's. Current record is level 22 by Paul knight, Im aiming for level 25.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Savage said:

I mean the Vulcan gripper 20mm block close, is one of the events at Europe's. Current record is level 22 by Paul knight, Im aiming for level 25.

Paul, David allows result only in the spring, which sends itself.
At least on WSH he would send all promoters similar springs.
I think you or organizer this Europa should be pre contact with David to determine its conditions for this achievement.

Edited by Kashtan

7 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Paul, David allows result only in the spring, which sends itself.
At least on WSH he would send all promoters similar springs.
I think you or organizer this Europa should be pre contact with David to determine its conditions for this achievement.

I think Becca said David said he's either sent or sending a new crom spring for the comp but if it's not classed as official record that wouldn't bother me. Doing it in European championships would be good enough for me. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Geralt said:

That's some crazy ass setting strength :blink

This is actually my weakest part of using the Vulcan, especially on this crom spring I find the setting part really tough. This will be a big challenge with 20mm block closes for me, although pain in my arm may be bigger challenge, its hurting again after the level 20 CCS.

Edited by Paul Savage

5 hours ago, Paul Savage said:

I think Becca said David said he's either sent or sending a new crom spring for the comp but if it's not classed as official record that wouldn't bother me. Doing it in European championships would be good enough for me. 

Good luck Paul! I'm sure you set all the world records!

Edited by Kashtan

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully but people in the competition are aleeady breaking some of the records so is tough competition.

Update

Didn't manage any particularly impressive weights last week but got some good work in then this week I've been ill do didn't feel strong either 65kg plus setup fat gripz extreme spinning handle for 6 and 43.4kg was most I could manage on pinch block. Did an easy 270kg meat hook deadlift so went to beat the world record weight and it didn't come up enough on right side, torn skin on that hand too. Probably shouldn't have attempted world record beat up and Ill.

Today did some fat gripz rolling handle, me to 85kg plus setup, Becca to 52.5kg plus setup. We then did ironmind blockbuster pinch, mine went so so with 43.4kg for multiple singles each hand, but Becca smashed it by doing a solid lift of 30.9kg (unfortunately not recorded) and multiple singles each hand at 29.65kg (recorded one). After pinch we did meat hook deadlift where I did better, doing an easy 280kg then 230kg x 12.